1/23 (Tue.) Who am I? From National Identity to The 8 Great Cuisines of China (Host: Sunny Huang)

回覆文章
頭像
sunny
YOYO member
文章: 261
註冊時間: 週三 8月 20, 2003 5:03 am
來自: Taipei City
聯繫:

1/23 (Tue.) Who am I? From National Identity to The 8 Great Cuisines of China (Host: Sunny Huang)

文章 sunny »

Hi, this is Sunny.
This week, let's discuss identity in a casual way.

Answering "Who am I?" has never been easy for the people of Taiwan. How has the image of Taiwanese identity changed over the decades, and why?

Moving on to Session 2, we'll dive into the topic of food culture and identity.

📍Reference 1:《Survey on Taiwanese people's identification as either Taiwanese or Chinese(2023, 政大台灣民眾台灣人/中國人認同趨勢分布)
圖檔

📍Reference 2:《How Nations Make Up National Identities》
📍Reference 3:《The Taste of Taiwan: Identity Shifts Behind Taiwanese Cuisine 》
📍Reference 4:《 The 8 Great Cuisines of China》 (中國八大菜系)
https://www.chinahighlights.com/travelg ... uisine.htm

❗Warning:Respect diverse political opinions and refrain from engaging in political debates. (請尊重各自政治立場,切勿引發政治口水戰)

Session 1: Who am I and National Identity

Q1: It's human nature to flock with a similar kind. According to the video "How Nations Make Up National Identities," national identities can be formed based on language, ethnicity, religion, and shared values. What are your thoughts on this?

Q2: Do you identify yourself as "Taiwanese," "Chinese," or both? Has your identity ever changed?

Q3: Do you consider yourself patriotic to your country?

Q4: When you are abroad, how do you describe your nationality? Can you effectively communicate to foreign friends what Taiwan is like as a country?

Session 2: 《 The 8 Great Cuisines of China》 (中國八大菜系)

Q5: When it comes to food, do you have a favorite Chinese/Taiwanese cuisine? Or any unforgettable "homeland flavor" (家鄉味)? Is this related to your family background or upbringing?
圖檔

Q6: “Gen Z don’t drink anymore.” What are your thoughts on the following statistics?

圖檔
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda:
6:45 ~ 7:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
7:00 ~ 7:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
7:10 ~ 7:45pm Discussion Session (35 mins)
7:45 ~ 8:00pm Summarization (15 mins)
8:00 ~ 8:05pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 5 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:05 ~ 8:40pm Discussion Session (35 mins)
8:40 ~ 8:55pm Summarization (15 mins)
8:55 ~ 9:00pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements

Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $100)
Address: 台北市濟南路三段25號[MAP]-捷運忠孝新生站3號出口步行3分鐘

Important Notes:
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely for two times. After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1500 lifetime membership fee, or NT$1000 for students.
miller
YOYO member
文章: 99
註冊時間: 週三 5月 09, 2018 6:17 pm

Re: 1/23 (Tue.) Who am I? From National Identity to The 8 Great Cuisines of China (Host: Sunny Huang)

文章 miller »

Move to the top.
回覆文章