2/24 (Sat.)3D Print to Build Tom's House (Host: Tom Lee)

回覆文章
Tom Lee
YOYO member
文章: 51
註冊時間: 週三 10月 30, 2013 8:51 pm

2/24 (Sat.)3D Print to Build Tom's House (Host: Tom Lee)

文章 Tom Lee »

Session I:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL2KoMNzGTo

1. Would you live in a 3D print house? Do you think it is safe or what we should notice?
2. If a 3D print house can be built, what else do you think 3D print can't build?
3. What can be built by 3D print, what CANNOT be built by 3D print?

Session II:

Hi, I am Tom. Sorry that it's a long time I haven't come to YOYO to share. It's the right time for me to share my experience. Hope everybody can learn something from it. Enjoy it!

I had a walking problem last year. When I walk, I could only use one leg, to drag the other to move.
When I went to see the doctor, the doctor told me that you are lucky to do the surgery now, if you don't do the surgery this week, it will be very dangerous for your life.
I also have to sign a "paper" to "promice" the surgery. I was told that everything is safe. So I was convinced to do the surgery.

After the surgery, I got
1. color blindness only in right eye
2. very painful in my right arm
3. will get up at 11:00 to 1:00 o'clock every morning (which means I can't sleep well every day.)

And I am lucky, I can walk well !!

I asked the doctor who did the surgery for me, what happen to my eye? The doctor said I have no idea. I don't know how this will happen.

So I will get a Certification of Disabilitor in 3 months later.

Questions:
1. If you have the same desease of me, to lose one organ function on your body after the surgery, which organ function do you think it can be lose?

2. What will you do if you still have one eye?

3. What benefit will a disabilitor get?

---
Agenda:
3:45 ~ 4:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
4:00 ~ 4:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
4:10 ~ 4:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
4:50 ~ 5:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
5:10 ~ 5:15pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
5:15 ~ 5:55pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
6:00 ~ 6:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
6:20 ~ 6:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements

Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 4:10pm – 6:30pm
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $80)
Address: 台北市濟南路三段25號[MAP]-捷運忠孝新生站3號出口步行3分鐘

Important Notes:
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely for two times. After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1500 lifetime membership fee, or NT$1000 for students.
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 899
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

Re: 2/24 (Sat.)3D Print to Build Tom's House (Host: Tom Lee)

文章 Iris Wu »

Life has never been easy, has it?

We all strive to showcase our best, most perfect selves to the world. It’s easy for us to encourage others to stay positive, and optimistic, and to open up should they face any challenges in their lives. Yet, there have been many times when I couldn't handle issues far less significant than those Tom has faced. Sometimes, I find myself shutting down, overwhelmed by the feeling that I couldn't perform or function as well as I expected.

Thus, I deeply admire Tom's resilience and willingness to be open and share his struggles with us. I hope that the road ahead for him is as smooth as possible.

Let’s catch up tomorrow.
頭像
Kat C
文章: 377
註冊時間: 週三 9月 08, 2010 10:31 am

Re: 2/24 (Sat.)3D Print to Build Tom's House (Host: Tom Lee)

文章 Kat C »

It's deeply moving, both for Tom to share his difficult moments in life, and for Iris to voice her appreciation of such a vulnerable and courageous endeaver. I often feel that Yoyo is truly a family, with a bond and warmth so generous and enduring we all draw strength from it. Thank you.
回覆文章