4/13 (Sat.) To love and learn how to say good bye (Host: Alice Lin)

回覆文章
YJ Alice
文章: 2
註冊時間: 週六 10月 17, 2020 7:27 pm

4/13 (Sat.) To love and learn how to say good bye (Host: Alice Lin)

文章 YJ Alice »

If you expect the topic is about romantic relationship, I am so sorry that I didn't mean it, and it will be great if you host another meeting to talk about it.

What I want to talk about is 'pets and also family.'
This idea comes from my beloved family pet dog. She left us in the morning in Jan. 2nd., 2024, the very first work day. I think she chose a good time for my family so that we could not only enjoy the New Year’s vacation, but also have easy time to deal with all the following things about her without disturbing our jobs.
We were very sad, but with this thought, we feel grateful for her consideration and love.

In Session one, we will discuss about having pet, and there is an article about the benefits from it, including mentally and physically.
In Session two, we are going to talk about how to deal with the grief when lost your beloved pet or family.
All though the title of the video only names animal family members, I think the tips may also be useful when facing all the beloved family and friends we lost.

Session 1

Article: The Science Behind Why Pets Make Us Happy
https://www.thesprucepets.com/science-b ... py-7368492

1. In the article, it mentions about some mental benefit for children living with a pet, including strengthen self-esteem. How do you think? Have you ever got the chance to live with pet in your childhood? If not, did you envy others who get the chance? Or did you ever argue with your parents for it?
2. Both mental and physical benefits are mentioned in the article. What benefits do you think can get from having a pet? Is there any benefit only brought from having a pet?
3. What do you think is important to be considered before having pets? If your friend share with you that he is planning to have a pet with him, what advice you will share with him?

Session 2

Video: Grieving your cat, dog or any other family member tips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyvDA5kmtw4

1. The door open (One lost brings the feeling or memory on lost more)
2. Just get over it
3. Face disenfranchised grief

*3 steps to cross the grief
Step 1: Write it down, naming and claiming your lost
Step 2: Recognize how has your world changed
Step 3: How do you incorporate your lost

1. Have you experience the grief and misconception with the losses of your beloved family or friend?
2. Would you get confused if your friend is extremely sad because his pet was dead? What if his pet is dog, cat, beetle, ant, lizard, fish, or silkworm...? What kind of pet will surprise you most?
3. In the video, the author shares 3 step to cross the grief. Have you used it before? What other ways do you think are also useful? Please share with us.

Agenda:
3:45 ~ 4:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
4:00 ~ 4:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
4:10 ~ 4:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
4:50 ~ 5:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
5:10 ~ 5:15pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
5:15 ~ 5:55pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
6:00 ~ 6:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
6:20 ~ 6:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements

Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 4:00pm – 6:30pm
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $85)
Address: 台北市濟南路三段25號[MAP]-捷運忠孝新生站3號出口步行3分鐘

Important Notes:
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely for two times. After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1500 lifetime membership fee, or NT$1000 for students.
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2728
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

Re: 4/13 (Sat.) To love and learn how to say good bye (Host: Alice Lin)

文章 Kooper »

bring it to the top
回覆文章