YOYO member
文章: 261
註冊時間: 週三 8月 20, 2003 5:03 am
來自: Taipei City
聯繫:

Jan/10/2003----Paparazzi (狗仔隊)

文章 sunny »

Hello pals,

Since I often idle about doing nothing after work, I go to Eslite bookstore seeking for some information from magazines. I cannot but have to admit that those articles headlined something like “The Mistress of the Minister" always catch my eye at first, though I feel a little bit embarrassed to leaf through these tabloids(八卦雜誌或小報) such as Next (壹週刊) while there're a lot of people around me.

However, this experience reminds me a tragedy which hit the headline about 6 years ago. It's the death of Diana, who was the princess of Wales and died of a car accident resulted from the chasing of paparazzi(狗仔隊). Regarding both masses and media condemned paparazzi should account for the death of Diana, some tabloids had ceased publication at that time. Nevertheless, it's like the supply and demand theory. We're the customers who purchase the information. All of us are more or less like peeking Tom. Nowadays, tabloids still defy the authority of the government and are getting more and more thriving.

Can people really restrain their curiosity about others'privacy? Or you think"This is life. Don't be too serious."? Anyway, welcome any opinions about paparazzi. I hope to have a nice talk with you then!

Here is the article links:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3335083.stm
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/in ... ss0831.htm

Discussion questions:

1. There're a lot of categories of news. When reading newspaper or watching TV news, what kind of news draws your attention at first? What kind of news doesn't interest you at all? Why?

2. In your daily life, are you curious about others' privacy? Do you think woman likes to discuss gossip more than man does?

3. Do you agree being a celebrity sometimes can lead to a miserable life? Imagine yourself are a celebrity and are the prey to the paparazzi. What measure would you take to prevent yourself from being insane(發瘋)?

4. Although we're all for free speech and freedom of the press, however, do you think the paparazzi have taken too far sometimes? Do you think they have to be stopped?

5. Some think that paparazzi are a necessary evil in a democracy. Still others believe that paparazzi culture cannot be uprooted. What's your opinion?
回覆文章