頭像
Laura
YOYO member
文章: 351
註冊時間: 週二 12月 16, 2003 10:28 am

Reversal!!! (for 9/7, Wed.)

文章 Laura »

Dear all,

Actually this is my honor to be the host but doesn’t mean an easy mission to me for Wednesday’s gathering ~ oh ~. :roll: I supposed the most participants are going to come here either from getting off work or school so how about we adopt the lesser articles to gain some inspiration and knowledge!

All we know Taipei 101 skyscraper has many kinds of appearances while viewing from the different aspect, affirmably the scene / event has the same effect to occur different result when viewpoint / attitude is miscellaneous. This time we should discuss a reverse aspect as our topic is concerning about reversal thereafter.

Section I ~

Please have a perusal to article “Reverse running” from below hyperlink :
Reverse Running
http://www.fringegames.com/events_athle ... nning.html
Q1: Reverse running has become popular in recent years comparing with forward running what the advantages are?
Q2: Would you try to go reverse running as your daily exercise in near future?

Please just skim through the Chinese article from below link:
新猶太式Smart思考法:50個逆向操作的智慧
http://www.books.com.tw/exep/prod/books ... 0010210263
Q3: Ignore stingy impression, use our reverse thinking how come a lot of Jew achievers were deeply influencing in many fields of the world even though their ancestors had lost fatherland and had been persecuted??? Please submit your comment and opinion as more as possible.

- take a break –

Section II ~

This duration we will keep up with the topic to challenge participators’ flexibility, please do not stick your thought and behave in preoccupation temporarily because the trials will be funny / particular / weird …, hopefully every term-group could pass the exam :twisted: .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

** Vocabulary **

(Be patient I will be back! 8) )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gathering Information
時間:週三請儘量準時7:00pm到達 ~ 9:00pm
地點:Posetop餐廳--- 敦化南路一段233巷59號(捷運板南線忠孝敦化站3號出口,
從明曜百貨公司的巷子進入後第二個巷子,摩斯漢堡左轉)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

給新朋友的話:
1. 請準備簡單的英語自我介紹;討論完畢後可能會請妳給我們一點感想或是你對我們的看法,
(這個可以放輕鬆 )
2. 請事先閱討論主題相關內容以及host所提的問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
3. 來之前請先讀一下在討論主題,思考一下如何回答及討論。
4. 在正式加入之前(繳交可退還之押金NT$1,000),可以先來觀摩三次。

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sincerely hope everyone be safe during “TALIM” typhoon attacking, moreover, expecting your joining this meeting on next Wednesday!
The best teacher is child,
the worst mistake for one is to abandon oneself,
the greatest treasure in the world is love!
頭像
Laura
YOYO member

Re: Reversal!!! (for 9/7, Wed.)

文章 Laura »

Laura 寫:
** Vocabulary **

(Be patient I will be back! 8) )

workout 高強度體育鍛鍊(期間)
calf 腿肚子
proficiency 精通,熟練
netball 無檔板籃球
cricket 板球運動
stamina 精力,耐力,韌勁
skyrocket (指物價等)飛漲
affirmably 可肯定地,可斷言的
thereafter 此後,其後
skim through 略讀,瀏覽
persecute [尤用於被動語氣]迫害某人(尤指基於種族,政治,宗教信仰等原因)
preoccupation 先入為主的偏見,佔據思想,心不在焉
頭像
Laura
YOYO member

Re: Reversal!!! (for 9/7, Wed.)

文章 Laura »

Laura 寫:Dear all,

Actually this is my honor to be the host but doesn’t mean an easy mission to me for Wednesday’s gathering ~ oh ~. :roll:

Since middle of Aug., I was extremely busy for job so could not make sure of attending to host until yesterday, no doubt everyone can imagine my hosting was … huh … :oops:

Some participants said they seldom heard the reverse running, please refer to below link regarding this kind of race in Taiwan & U.S.A. … etc. 8)

倒跑人生──台灣阿甘薛慶光
http://www.books.com.tw/exep/prod/books ... 0010303983

The following trial’s contents were delivered at site, I realized the performance was weird-difficult for every group after observation but the most comers still proceeded and finished, thanks so much for your kind cooperation! :D

Trial:

Time for discussing & rehearsing is within 10 minutes before performance

Every group will perform with English for one advertisement within 10 minutes that the plot is same as commercial advertisement of television, please follow blow rules:
Your sentence structure is normal but performance proceeding is reverse as from ending to beginning,
such as: My dear, I do love you, will you marry me?
You performance proceeding: Will you marry me?
I do love you,
My dear,
Don’t expose the advertising product during the performance.
Eventually, let the other groups to guess your advertising product ~
The group can obtain one point if this group’s guess is right
Otherwise, your group should be deducted one point if no group can answer correctly within 2 minutes
Please raise your hand if you intend to answer.
The winning group can get a small prize. Good luck!

Participants (the sequence of order list):

Linda, Charlie, Alex, Richard, Allen, Austin, Arthur, Chris, Laura(Host), Wayne Sr., Andy, Alessia(New comer), Harvey(New comer), Wayne, Salina, Flora

Vacation wanted LAURA :twisted:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
頭像
technobabel
YOYO member
文章: 1188
註冊時間: 週六 5月 14, 2005 8:42 pm
來自: Eastern Seaboard

文章 technobabel »

Many great inventions resulted from unintended consequences...
Reverse running was invented when the inventor/jogger saw a beautiful girl from a distance and try to take a closer look, but upon closer look he realize he had made a huge visual mis-judgement and must tried to back out from a potentially awkward situation.

We should neither encourage nor discourage reverse running. First reason is that reverse running is unsafe at any speed, therefore we shouldn't encourage it full heartedly, But, reverse running do serve a purpose. In any given park, reverse running makes the task of identifying who is insane or crazy a lot easier. In the age of Bluetooth headset, this is a welcoming trend. All else being equal, the one that runs funny in the park are most likely to have his or her signals crossed.
I am not abandoning Yoyo, I am just dancing slowly away from it.
回覆文章