Who can give me the answer?

回覆文章
jerrymyname
文章: 1
註冊時間: 週四 9月 10, 2009 12:45 am

Who can give me the answer?

文章 jerrymyname »

I am 49-year-old (Assistant Professor), and my son is 15-year-old (High School Student). Is it possible for us to join the YOYO English Club? (Please tell me the truth...)
頭像
toshi
YOYO member
文章: 1383
註冊時間: 週日 7月 27, 2008 8:26 pm
聯繫:

Re: Who can give me the answer?

文章 toshi »

jerrymyname 寫:I am 49-year-old (Assistant Professor), and my son is 15-year-old (High School Student). Is it possible for us to join the YOYO English Club? (Please tell me the truth...)
Hi, thank you for your message.

Welcome to join our meeting.
Here is our 2009 Meeting Topics List. Please read some of the articles and also the questions for discussion, then you will see if it's suitable for your son to join us. Most of our members are office workers. So, to tell the truth, your son might be too young to join us.

Best Regards,
Toshi
President of YOYO English Club
隨你所喜
或酒、或詩、或是喜!
頭像
Wayne
文章: 1500
註冊時間: 週四 5月 13, 2004 10:53 am
來自: Taipei, Taiwan, Pandemonium

文章 Wayne »

toshi 寫:
jerrymyname 寫:I am 49-year-old (Assistant Professor), and my son is 15-year-old (High School Student). Is it possible for us to join the YOYO English Club? (Please tell me the truth...)
Hi, thank you for your message.

Welcome to join our meeting.
Here is our 2009 Meeting Topics List. Please read some of the articles and also the questions for discussion, then you will see if it's suitable for your son to join us. Most of our members are office workers. So, to tell the truth, your son might be too young to join us.

Best Regards,
Toshi
President of YOYO English Club
I have a different opinion. Even though the young man is only fifteen, his English may be already good enough to join the meeting. Besides, he can choose the topic he wishes to discuss, for example, the sci-fi movies, a topic enjoyed by lots of young adults. Therefore, I encourage the father-son couple to join the meeting. Yoyo has memebers who are high school students and members about the same age as the father's. Last Wednesday, we had a grandmother visiting the club, who humbly said she did not speak fluent English, but what's the big deal? So, why don't you guys come to the meeting and see it for yourselves?
Knowledge is power -- when shared.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2161
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

Yes, I like young people. When Chennien joined us, he was only 16, I guess. And he was doing fine.

However, I think Toshi the president means that our topics would be boring to this young man, right? But, who knows, there are boy geniuses from time to time. :D
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
回覆文章