今年沒有慶生會

頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

Re: 今年沒有慶生會

文章 Rock »

Luis Ko 寫:it's better yoyos raise the idea themselves to have a dinner or what after meetings, i think. so far i have had two dinners with other yoyos this year. if it's not because i'm a bit too lazy and short of money recently, i would definitely do that haa.

as to the outing Rock trying to hold to Hooters, i'm really interested and will go if i can make it to the gathering this wednesday.

8)
1. If you are short of money, you can sell your black BMW, or you can even rent it to me! I've never driven a BMW in my life :cccry: .
2. Hey, who says that I'm going to the Hooters this Wednesday?
3. Luis, long time no see. :lol:
4. Who won the championship of that cup?
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Sherry Liao
YOYO member
文章: 1483
註冊時間: 週五 12月 07, 2007 12:15 pm

文章 Sherry Liao »

Rock 寫:To Kooper,
Of course it would be "after the meeting" if it's OK for everybody. I am also study-oriented, just like you, and those studying getherings are my favorites. However, I am not sure if I can make it this Wednesday. Recently a lot of bad luck have fallen and I need to fight with some unreasonable people (the principle and his intimate friends) in my work place, and I lost a tooth, too. (It's not joking. :shock: ) But I will join you on the 2nd Wednesday for sure....
Poor Rock. My sister's got the same problems, too. Looks like a lot of teachers cannot get along well with their principal.

Why did you lose a tooth? Did you get a blow? :shock:
頭像
technobabel
YOYO member
文章: 1188
註冊時間: 週六 5月 14, 2005 8:42 pm
來自: Eastern Seaboard

文章 technobabel »

It is easier to take birthday away from an adult than from a child.
Because, grown-up had seen enough, and are more battle-hardened.
Needless to say that "battle-hardened" has certain tendency of being over-rated.
If you think about, a birthday celebration often makes an adult feel like a kid again.
Which may not be a bad thing.
A simple birthday recognition can be soothingly therapeutic in more ways than one.
Especially if you are an attention-whore (just kidding :) )
Attitude towards birthdays ranges from not celebrating to inviting everybody you barely know.
Just because some people likes to give a big birthday party, that doesn't mean that he or she is an attention-whore.
By the way, AFAIK, there is no prize for having learned how not to celebrate your own birthday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9NNWaMuIRk

Doctor My Eyes

Jackson Browne

Doctor, my eyes have seen the years
Through the slow parade of tears without crying
Now I want to understand
I have done all that I could
To see the evil and the good without hiding
You must help me if you can

Doctor my eyes
Tell me what is wrong
Was I unwise to leave them open for so long?

As I've wandered through this world
As each moment has unfurled
I've been waiting to awaken from this dream
People go just where they will
I never notice them until I've got this feeling
That it's later than it seems

Doctor my eyes
Tell me what is real
I hear their cries
Just saying "It's too late for me"

Doctor my eyes
Cannot be disguised
Is this the prize for having learned how not to cry?
I am not abandoning Yoyo, I am just dancing slowly away from it.
回覆文章