[幽默分享] 黃西(Joe Wong)在美國記者年會上的脫口秀

回覆文章
Georgia
YOYO member
文章: 480
註冊時間: 週三 11月 07, 2007 11:49 pm

[幽默分享] 黃西(Joe Wong)在美國記者年會上的脫口秀

文章 Georgia »

I dunno if anyone has posted this video clip before, but still, I'd like to share a good laugh with you guys.
I loved it when he said "Guess we can!".... XDDD...

頭像
Julian
文章: 733
註冊時間: 週三 1月 07, 2004 12:06 am
來自: Taipei

Re: [幽默分享] 黃西(Joe Wong)在美國記者年會上的脫口秀

文章 Julian »

Wow ..the guy is so interesting and brillian!
Thanks for your sharing, Georgia. :)
銀藍色.象牙海岸的月光~雀躍著沉寂中的寧靜..
Georgia
YOYO member
文章: 480
註冊時間: 週三 11月 07, 2007 11:49 pm

文章 Georgia »

Julian 寫:Wow ..the guy is so interesting and brillian!
Thanks for your sharing, Georgia. :)
You're welcome, Julian!
I think this guy is by far my favorite stand-up comedian. He's much better than Russell Peters. Not that I don't like Russell Peters, but Joe Wong's style of humor has reached a very high, classy level. His words are funny but deeper and broader.
Michael-liu
YOYO member
文章: 708
註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

文章 Michael-liu »

"Guess we can" is certainly good. I also like the one he tells his son " If you don't speak English, go home!! " very funny......

"Hu cares" is another good one. 很絕!

The lesson of this video is that it is ok we Chinese people have accent as long as our pronunciation is correct.

Georgia, who is Russell Peters anyway? I guess most people never heard of this guy.

Michael
頭像
Kat C
文章: 377
註冊時間: 週三 9月 08, 2010 10:31 am

文章 Kat C »

Joe Wong's big here and I absolutely love him! Don't watch the thing with the subtitle, tough. There're a few mistakes.

It's OK if you don't get certain "political" jokes. They were intended for the audience there, mainly politicians and journalists.

Thanks for posting this!

Kat :lol:
Michael-liu
YOYO member

文章 Michael-liu »

Hi, Kat

Could you kindly point out the mistakes so that we can learn something ? Many thanks

Michael
頭像
Kat C

文章 Kat C »

Hey Michael, sure thing! Let me take another look and get back to you.

Kat
頭像
Kat C

文章 Kat C »

Here are the corrections to the subtitle translation:

0:39 “But joking aside, … “ - 說真的
0:51 “I grew up in China. Who didn't?” - (這是在笑中國人口多)
0:59 “My childhood memories are totally ruined by my childhood.” - (這是在諷刺:1) 美國人喜歡看心理醫師,通常從童年回憶開始治療 2) 共產制度下艱困的童年)
1:15 “As part of the curriculum, … “ - 上課包括了...
1:40 “My dad was a grumpy guy … “ - 我爸爸是個脾氣很壞的人
2:49 “And I didn't notice it for two years.” - 我過了兩年才注意到/看到。
3:38 “ … You're gonna have to sign legislative bills in English.” - 簽署 “法案“
5:56 “I don't have to exercise, because I have health insurance.” - 這裡是反諷沒有健保的人就只好努力健身。Wong是民主派的所以其實是在炫耀麻省全國唯一的全州健保制度。
6:07 “Then we elected Scott Brown. Talk about mixed messages!” (在通過全州健保以後)我們卻接著選共和黨(極力反對全國健保)的Scott Brown為參議員。實在是前後矛盾!
6:21 “Kill Bill” - 這裡是用電影名稱“Kill Bill”(追殺比爾) 來諷刺Scott Brown,其競選時曾自稱要成為讓健保法胎死腹中的第41票 (參議院100票要60票才能過) ,“Kill Bill” 雙關便成“扼殺法案“。
7:08 “I showed the White House my jokes about President Obama.” - 我事先曾給白宮人員過目我今晚要講的有關奧巴馬總統的笑話。
7:25 “Take that, Stephen Colbert!” - Stephen Colbert, 我比你還厲害吧? (在2006年同樣的場合Stephen Colbert講了讓布希當場下不了台的笑話,現在Wong炫耀他甚至讓奧巴馬都不敢來了,可謂更勝一籌)
7:46 “badass” 相當於 “屌“
10:50 “morose” 憂鬱
10:58 “You've probably made a difference, but it's really hard to tell.” - 你大概的確做了某種貢獻/改革,但實在很難看出來。
13:26 “pre-existing conditions” (有人翻成“既存病歷“或“帶病投保“)是新健保法通過以前的漏洞及弊病,如果你加入健保之前就有曾得過某種疾病的記錄,健保公司可以拒保該疾病。

----
It's really not a good idea to "translate" English into Chinese when learning English (I only did it because you asked me to :mrgreen: ). It is almost impossible to get a 100% match, so it's always slightly off. It's better to learn English with English. At least we won't be fooled into thinking we had it, when we only had it in Chinese, and not even the right Chinese most of the time! :ccry:

Kat
Michael-liu
YOYO member

文章 Michael-liu »

Thanks, Kat

I feel guilty to make you type so many words. It must have been taken you a lot of time

The correction is really helpful and I am very impressed that you know so much about Amreican politices and culture. You are so knowledgable!

Michael
頭像
Kat C

文章 Kat C »

Hi Michael,

No worries! Wong's fun to listen to. :lol:

I'm a political and news junkie so perhaps more into this kind of stuff than your average Joe. (Know this idiom? :wink: )

Thanks,
Kat
回覆文章