satirical news show on two Chinas

回覆文章
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

satirical news show on two Chinas

文章 Kooper »

Here is a hilarious Australian satirical news show joking about two Chinas. Have fun. :D

頭像
Kat C
文章: 377
註冊時間: 週三 9月 08, 2010 10:31 am

Re: satirical news show on two Chinas

文章 Kat C »

These two guys were good! And I think they actually got most of the politics and its nuances right (except perhaps our "perferring Chinese Taipei and not Taiwan" part. There might be quite a few people taking issue with that. :mrgreen: ) For a comedy that's just amazing. I'm sending this to some of my friends! Thanks, Kooper.
Michael-liu
YOYO member
文章: 708
註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

文章 Michael-liu »

This is really funny!!! The explaination of two Chinas sounds like a tongue twister

They speak so fast, so I can not understand completely.

The guy says "you dig? " This means "Do you understand? " Am I right? Is this Australian English or Black English?
頭像
Kat C
文章: 377
註冊時間: 週三 9月 08, 2010 10:31 am

文章 Kat C »

Yes, it means, "do you understand?", "got it?", etc. It's apparently used in Australia, and of course in the States, too (not just by African Americans).

In other contexts "dig" can mean "like". After watching this clip I can only say, "I'm really digging the show!" :lol:

Kat
stephen185
YOYO member
文章: 206
註冊時間: 週三 5月 30, 2007 8:23 pm

文章 stephen185 »

It's really entertaining and informative , I guess, for foreigners if they really want to know "Chinas".
I like the most "the China hates it when you talk to China but actually China spoke to China." part.
I will also pass this to my friends too. This video clip is so very hilarious!
回覆文章