文章: 1482
註冊時間: 週五 12月 07, 2007 12:15 pm

Re: The meaning under "fine"

文章 Sherry Liao »

Wayne 寫:
Sherry Liao 寫:當某人要往你的杯子倒酒時, 趕快用手遮住杯口說:
I am fine. Thank you. (我不用了, 謝謝.)
這個例子讓我想起 斟酒的 一句英文

當你要幫別人斟酒 又不確定應該斟多少的量 通常就會要求對方認為足夠的時候說"停" 英文裡用 say when來表達 而對方真的就在斟夠了酒的時候說when喊停 (喊cut應該是不太道地的說法 :twisted: 說enough則是不耐煩 沒禮貌 :evil: :evil: :evil: )
A few more usages I've learnt in this situation:
倒飲料的人:
1. Tell me when.
2. Just say when.
拿杯子的人:
1. OK. That's enough.
2. That's good. Thanks.
Sherry Liao
YOYO member

文章 Sherry Liao »

technobabel 寫:There is a fine line between being assertive and being rude. When somebody say "Fine!" at the near-end of a heated argument, do you continue to argue or just let the conversation end on a bad note? Obviously at this point the situation is anything but...
If you know what I am talking about, do your best not to reminisce, it may drive you crazy.
Hey Wayne Chiang, you sound like a marriage adviser.
I seriously doubt that you are still single. :?
Sherry Liao
YOYO member

文章 Sherry Liao »

Rock 寫:
Sherry Liao 寫:
Anyway I am so glad of receiving your praise. (Oh I hope Rock will see it!) You are really an angel! (while Rock is a devil...) What a perfect day!! :D

Dear Sherry,
Your English is so good. Your English is so good. Your English is so good. Your English is so good. Your English is so good. Your English is so good. Your English is so good. Your English is so good. Your English is so good. Your English is so good. Your English is so good. Your English is so good. Your English is so good. Your English is so good. Your English is so good.

Is it enough to make me an angel? Come on! I'm a good guy, too.
:lol:
[/color]
Although I am unblushing enough, your post this time still make me shy. :oops: :oops: :oops:

算你贏了!!
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2161
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

Did I win? Yeah! Finally.
Then...
What's the prize for the winner? :lol:
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Sherry Liao
YOYO member

文章 Sherry Liao »

You asked me for the prize? C'mon! Did you forget that you still owe me a cup of coffee and a piece of cake? (Here is the evidence. Read the fifth and the eighth replies. Yours.)

See... I've always got a good memory when it comes to food. :twisted:

Oh, and ...
I don't mind if you switch it to a Heineken. It's really hot this summer. I heard chance is good that it's going to hit 40 degrees. So don't forget to bring me the bottle next meeting... your treat. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2161
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

Heineken is not for fair ladies, it's too crude. How about something like "Tequila Sunrise" or "Frozen Magarita with salt rimmed"? :lol:
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
stephen185
YOYO member
文章: 206
註冊時間: 週三 5月 30, 2007 8:23 pm

文章 stephen185 »

Hmm....Apparently, Wednesday meeting, or should I say , evening meeting is much more fun.
After all, it is too early to have Tequila in early Saturday afternoon...
頭像
Wayne
文章: 1500
註冊時間: 週四 5月 13, 2004 10:53 am
來自: Taipei, Taiwan, Pandemonium

文章 Wayne »

stephen185 寫:Hmm....Apparently, Wednesday meeting, or should I say , evening meeting is much more fun.
After all, it is too early to have Tequila in early Saturday afternoon...

Tequila Sunrise:

2 msr tequila
orange juice
2 dashes grenadine syrup

Pour tequila in a highball glass with ice, and top with orange juice. Stir. Add grenadine by tilting glass and pouring grenadine down side by flipping the bottle vertically very quickly. The grenadine should go straight to the bottom and then rise up slowly through the drink. Garnish stirrer, straw and cherry-orange.

Tequila Sunset:
1 oz tequila
orange juice
1/2 oz blackberry brandy
1 cherry

Pour tequila into a collins glass filled with ice cubes. Fill with orange juice and stir well. Top with blackberry brandy and stir lightly. Add the cherry on top and serve.

Other similar mixed drinks:

1:00 Sunrise
Adam Sunrise
Cape Sunrise
Coconut Tequila
Desert Sunrise
Henny Sunrise
Hurricane Sunrise
Malibu Sunrise
Mango Sunrise
Russian Sunrise
Slim's Sunrise