頭像
technobabel
YOYO member
文章: 1188
註冊時間: 週六 5月 14, 2005 8:42 pm
來自: Eastern Seaboard

an unusual poem from an unusual circumstance

文章 technobabel »

I found this apocalyptic poem in a UK newsgroup. The topic is Riot in Paris. Some Muslim youth probably wrote it. Riot in Paris is a warning to every society including Taiwan. Extreme inequality is a ticking social time bomb.

When "Muslims"look down on this Infidel town
Whether blue or grey be her skies.
Whether loud be her cheers or soft be her tears,
More and more do I realise:

I love Paris when I can riot
I love Paris on a shop-looting haul
I love Paris when we burn Christian missals
I love Paris when we can set fire to one and all

I love Paris every moment,
Every moment of the year.
I love Paris, why, oh why do I love Paris?
Because loads of us Muslims are here
I am not abandoning Yoyo, I am just dancing slowly away from it.
頭像
technobabel
YOYO member
文章: 1188
註冊時間: 週六 5月 14, 2005 8:42 pm
來自: Eastern Seaboard

文章 technobabel »

France vs. California (source unknown)

If you seriously want to make an attempt to try and grasp the essence of the problem in France then a good place to start is to compare a few socio-political features of France and California, two left-leaning, multicultural democratic polities which compete for the title of fifth-largest economy in the world (Calif was ahead before the dotcom implosion; France is barely ahead at present).

Percentage of non-white students in the entering class of California's most prestigious university: 45.
Estimated Percentage of non-white students in the entering class of France's most prestigious universities, the Grandes Ecoles: less than 1.

Est. percentage of non-whites and immigrants among Californians with a net worth of >$500 million: 25-30% (cf Khosla, Omidyar, Yang, Brin, Shriram et al).
Indians and Chinese as a percentage of CEOs of Californian high tech companies (as per Dun & Bradstreet): 29%.
Percentage of non-whites among France's most powerful businessmen: zero.

Estimated percentage of most powerful political posts in California during the last 20 years (Gov., Senators, Supreme Court, Speaker of House, mayors of LA, SF, SD, SJ) held by nonwhites: 5-10 (Hayakawa, Willie Brown, Tom Bradley et al).
Percentage of most powerful political posts in France during its history that have been held by nowhites: zero.
France and California are both thoroughly modern, advanced polities with a long tradition of progressive political and social behavior. Why does one of these entities welcome nonwhites into every facet of its power structure while the other freezes them out-- utterly, totally, ruthlessly?

Does this help indicate where the problem lies for France? It's not funadamentally about Islam, or "multiculturalism." It's the absence of true multiculturalism, ie the American conception of nationality as reflective of behavior, not race, that is what is hindering not only France but most of Europe today in dealing with its nonwhite populations.
I am not abandoning Yoyo, I am just dancing slowly away from it.
回覆文章