how to say 翹班 翹課

回覆文章
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2728
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

how to say 翹班 翹課

文章 Kooper »

I know drop out of school means 輟學 退學 but don't know how to say 翹課 翹班. Would anyone help me? Thanks.
killy
文章: 5
註冊時間: 週日 4月 01, 2007 9:51 pm

Re: how to say 翹班 翹課

文章 killy »

Kooper 寫:I know drop out of school means 輟學 退學 but don't know how to say 翹課 翹班. Would anyone help me? Thanks.
翹課=skip class
我是新加入的會員,很高興認識大家.
頭像
Wayne
文章: 1500
註冊時間: 週四 5月 13, 2004 10:53 am
來自: Taipei, Taiwan, Pandemonium

文章 Wayne »

We can say cut class for 翹課; I wonder if we can say cut work or skip for 翹班.
Knowledge is power -- when shared.
頭像
technobabel
YOYO member
文章: 1188
註冊時間: 週六 5月 14, 2005 8:42 pm
來自: Eastern Seaboard

文章 technobabel »

If you are a senior (12年級) in a high school, and you have applied successfully to a college of your choice. This is the period of time where all the senior decide which day shall be the "Senior Cut Day"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... or+cut+day

圖檔

There is another form of absence. 逃兵

AWOL

Absent Without Official Leave: A term used in the United States Military to describe a soldier or other military member who has left his or her post without permission (usually in disagreement with a particular order). This is one of many military terms that has trickled down into everyday speech among civilian populations.
I am not abandoning Yoyo, I am just dancing slowly away from it.
頭像
simon
文章: 11
註冊時間: 週六 9月 17, 2005 10:22 pm
來自: 幻想國度
聯繫:

Re: how to say 翹班 翹課

文章 simon »

Kooper 寫:I know drop out of school means 輟學 退學 but don't know how to say 翹課 翹班. Would anyone help me? Thanks.
好像有人說bunk...
我之前在南非讀高中的時候, 同學都是說bunk的。
可能是俚語吧 :D
偶系淺水伕^^
(噗通)
Kooper
YOYO member

文章 Kooper »

technobabel 寫:If you are a senior (12年級) in a high school, and you have applied successfully to a college of your choice. This is the period of time where all the senior decide which day shall be the "Senior Cut Day"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... or+cut+day

圖檔

There is another form of absence. 逃兵

AWOL

Absent Without Official Leave: A term used in the United States Military to describe a soldier or other military member who has left his or her post without permission (usually in disagreement with a particular order). This is one of many military terms that has trickled down into everyday speech among civilian populations.

It's interesting to learn one more thing about American culture - Senior Cut Day. It reminded me of the custom at my senior high school: We usually make fun of our teachers by exchanging classes at Apr 1st.

that when I were at senior high school,
頭像
Lydia
文章: 639
註冊時間: 週二 1月 06, 2004 12:28 am
來自: 台北市

文章 Lydia »

Kooper 寫:It reminded me of the custom at my senior high school: We usually make fun of our teachers by exchanging classes at Apr 1st.

What a big coincidence! :shock: :twisted:

Did we study in the same senior high school? 8)
We used to play the same trick to make fool of our teachers on Arpil 1st. :twisted:
That was a crazy day for the whole school. :D

Lydia

PS. 在網路上看到 " 翹班 翹課 " 除了play hooky, cut, skip, ditch 這幾個字之外,在教科書或英國英語中還有 play truant 和 bunk off 兩個詞常用來指翹班或是翹課 :wink: 參考看看喔 !
Kooper
YOYO member

文章 Kooper »

Lydia 寫:
Kooper 寫:It reminded me of the custom at my senior high school: We usually make fun of our teachers by exchanging classes at Apr 1st.

What a big coincidence! :shock: :twisted:

Did we study in the same senior high school? 8)
We used to play the same trick to make fool of our teachers on Arpil 1st. :twisted:
That was a crazy day for the whole school. :D

Lydia

PS. 在網路上看到 " 翹班 翹課 " 除了play hooky, cut, skip, ditch 這幾個字之外,在教科書或英國英語中還有 play truant 和 bunk off 兩個詞常用來指翹班或是翹課 :wink: 參考看看喔 !

Wow. I never know that so many words could be used to mean " 翹班 翹課 ." Thanks to all answering my questions.

Hi, Lydia,

Maybe it is because we belong to the same generation. :D
By the way, my class number at senior high school was 662. Could you guess where I graduated from with my hint? :wink:
回覆文章