回覆文章
Sherry Liao
YOYO member
文章: 1486
註冊時間: 週五 12月 07, 2007 12:15 pm

請問 "have got to" 的用法

文章 Sherry Liao »

在口語會話中, 常常看到 "have got to" 出見在句子中

You've got to be kidding me. 你一定是在跟我開玩笑.
Then we've got to experience a first with you. 那我們就要跟你一起經歷(你的)第一次了.
I've got to go. 我得走了.
(如果中文翻譯有誤, 請糾正我)

看起來像是時態, 又像是語感, 在不同的前後文中, 意思讀起來不太一樣,
請問 "get to" 的意思及用法有一定的規則嗎?
應該要怎麼正確地使用呢?
最後由 Sherry Liao 於 週一 1月 28, 2008 6:31 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。
頭像
Wayne
文章: 1500
註冊時間: 週四 5月 13, 2004 10:53 am
來自: Taipei, Taiwan, Pandemonium

文章 Wayne »

妳不能把get to和have got to相提並論 — 雖然動詞片語get to的現在完成時態也是have got to
get to是 1. 使生氣,使煩惱After a while his teasing started to get to me. (過了一會兒,他的嘲弄使我敢到生氣)2. [get to doing something] 開使做…He got to thinking that it was all his fault.(他開始認為這都是他的錯) {見Macmillan English Dictionary}
3. Where has something/someone got to 某人/物在哪裡?

have got to = have to 必須
Knowledge is power -- when shared.
Sherry Liao
YOYO member

文章 Sherry Liao »

原來如此, 我把主題改過來了, 這才是我要問的問題.

但是, have got to 只有 have to 這個意思嗎?
有些句子讀起來並不像, 例如第一句.
頭像
Wayne

文章 Wayne »

《英語用法指南》(Practical English Usage—Michael Swan, Oxford University Press):此處的have (got) + 不定詞談論義務。意思與must(必須)很相似;

…也可以用來表示確定(certainty)。(這種結構過去主要用於美國英語,現在英國英語也日益普遍。)
I don’t believe you. You have (got) to be joking.我不相信你說的,你一定是在開玩笑吧。
Only five o’clock! It’s got to be later than that.才五點啊!肯定不會這麼早啦!
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2728
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Longman - Guide to English Usage:

Have got to means "must". American usage prefers "have to". The usual American question from here is Do you have to ... ? and the British is Have you got to ...?
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

For grammar, there're always difficult things to learn.
I think you already knew a lot of "have got to" sentences, that's good enough. If I were you, I'd never try to dig any deeper because it will only cause pain... :shock:
We have got to find easier ways to learn English, never focus on the incomprehensible, unintelligible, abstruse, impenetrable, obscure, involved, complicated, complex or intricate parts. That's not life.
頭像
Wayne

文章 Wayne »

Rock 寫:For grammar, there're always difficult things to learn.
I think you already knew a lot of "have got to" sentences, that's good enough. If I were you, I'd never try to dig any deeper because it will only cause pain... :shock:
We have got to find easier ways to learn English, never focus on the incomprehensible, unintelligible, abstruse, impenetrable, obscure, involved, complicated, complex or intricate parts. That's not life.
Grammar may be difficult, but c'est la vie, let alone it's not that difficult. On the contrary, I think it's fun, particularly when I dig deeper into it. Once a question that is incomprehensible, unintelligible, abstruse, impenetrable, obscure, involved, complicated, complex or intricate is answered, it makes one feel comfy and happy all over.
Sherry Liao
YOYO member

文章 Sherry Liao »

說到文法, 曾經有一個在台灣學中文的韓國朋友告訴我, 他覺得中文讓他最感困難的是 "了" 的用法. 他永遠弄不懂何時應該在句子最後加上 "了".

"了" 似乎是用來表示 "已完成", 例如 "他離開了" "我吃飽了", 但是看看下面這個句子:

"你完蛋了"

並沒有 "已完成" 的語感.

我沒有辦法回答這個問題, 我想對他來說, 他也許應該向專業的中文老師尋求這個字用法的規則.

這就是文法吧, 相對於整天 "浸泡" 在中文的我們來說, 外國人若沒有一套規則, 學習語言真的很不容易上手.

I am totally with Rock that learning grammar could be painful. Also, it's my opinion that it may not have many efforts as to speaking fluent English (And I am always curious about the magic that Rock speak such great English). I do not, and may never focus on the incomprehensible, unintelligible, abstruse,...... impenetrable, obscure,.... involved, complicated, complex or intricate ....parts (damn, how come use so many complex descriptions). However, to those who are devoted to (or even be enthusiastic at) digging out the rules of a language, it is always highly appreciated and respected, for grammar is meaningful and powerful to the endless language learners.

And you will agree that Wayne is our mentor with on doubt, won't you?
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2728
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

The feeling of a sufficient depth in English grammar learning varies from person to person. At least, you've got to know what the expression means and how to use it, haven't you?
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

Kooper, you are in big trouble. Look at the time you post the message--- 01:32 in the morning! You are burning your midnight oil. Do you really think that you are Hajimeno ich-something?
回覆文章