這句話該怎麼翻呢?

Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

Re: 這句話該怎麼翻呢?

文章 Kooper »

Kat C 寫:I am just having fun going over old SOS postings (guess I'm missing you guys too much!!! :wink: ) and can't help getting my two cents in.

"Don't patronize me" is widely used in any kind of heated argument. It's considered "fighting words", meaning you're not concerned about offending the other side at this point (or are even deliberately provoking them). You are implying that they are either: 1) telling lies, or 2) fudging the issue, to get away with things. In some cases, you are saying that they are overly protective - as if treating you like a child. For example, when you think someone is withholding information from you in their attempt to shield you from certain cruel reality, and you think they're wrong in doing so, you may accuse them of patronizing you.

Among all the ideas mentioned, I'd go with "別把我當三歲小孩". "別以為你能瞞得過我", "別以為我不懂", "別以為我那麼好騙", "你以為我是白癡嗎?" will all work too. In English it's very close to saying, "Do you think I'm stupid?"

Hope it helps! :D
P.S. I'm in MI at the moment visiting family. A belated Happy Moon Festival to all!
Dear Kat,

Thanks for sharing your take. It's great hearing from you again. :sun:
頭像
Julian
文章: 733
註冊時間: 週三 1月 07, 2004 12:06 am
來自: Taipei

Re: 這句話該怎麼翻呢?

文章 Julian »

Dear Kat,

Thanks for sharing your take. It's great hearing from you again. :sun:
That's right~It's good to hear your voice, Kat :ssmile: