An elite member in YOYO has passed GEPT Advanced level

Sherry Liao
YOYO member
文章: 1483
註冊時間: 週五 12月 07, 2007 12:15 pm

An elite member in YOYO has passed GEPT Advanced level

文章 Sherry Liao »

I heard this news last Wednesday: One of our members has passed GEPT of Advanced level (全民英檢高級). Congratulations! :D

Well, maybe he doesn't feel like being publicized, but we really need good news these days, don't we?
Anybody want to guess who he is?
Bill Yu
YOYO member
文章: 129
註冊時間: 週六 10月 06, 2007 9:02 pm
來自: Earth

Re: An elite member in YOYO has passed GEPT Advanced level

文章 Bill Yu »

Gavin
頭像
gavintsai
文章: 732
註冊時間: 週二 4月 29, 2008 7:23 pm
來自: 淡水

文章 gavintsai »

Oh, Bill, thank you for having confidence in me. I passed high-intermediate level 5 years ago, but I don't think I can pass the advanced level without another some years of studying hard.

Sherry, this is an honor. Please just reveal the answer and let him be recognized. It would be an inspiration for YOYO members. :ssmile:

This year I will delicate myself to my MBA degree. Next year, maybe I can invite some diligent members to study together for new TOEIC or advanced GEPT. Don't stop; never give up; Go!Go!Go! :wink:
Bill Yu
YOYO member

文章 Bill Yu »

It's difficult to guess.
We have more than 200 members.
Does he often go to the yoyo meeting?
Wednesday or Saturday?

Is he Kooper?
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Hi Bill,

I'm afraid you overestimate my English abilities. :wink:
頭像
Gloria Lo
YOYO member
文章: 367
註冊時間: 週一 2月 04, 2008 7:51 am

文章 Gloria Lo »

I know who the super guy is.
Actually, in my mind, this person's English ability is better than GEPT advanced level. :ccry: :ccry: :ccry:

Whatever, Congradulations! :D
Sherry Liao
YOYO member

文章 Sherry Liao »

Nice tries, Bill. :wink: But why didn't you vote for me? :twisted:

Okay, I won't keep you guessing. The answer is...

\\(^O^)// \\(^O^)// \\(^O^)// \\(^O^)// \\(^O^)// \\(^O^)// \\(^O^)// \\(^O^)// \\(^O^)// \\(^O^)// \\(^O^)//
Congratulations .. Congratulations .. Congratulations .. Congratulations .. Congratulations .. Congratulations ..
\\(^O^)// \\(^O^)// \\(^O^)// \\(^O^)// \\(^O^)// \\(^O^)// \\(^O^)// \\(^O^)// \\(^O^)// \\(^O^)// \\(^O^)//
.............................................................Wayne Ni.............................................................
Congratulations .. Congratulations .. Congratulations .. Congratulations .. Congratulations .. Congratulations ..

I agree with Gloria that Wayne is more than qualified for Advanced level. However, I heard that the exam for Superior level is only held in particular condition, and not everyone can take that exam.

Anyway, congratulations to Wayne! If you finally get a chance to take the exam for Superior level and pass it, please be sure to let us know!! :D
Sherry Liao
YOYO member

文章 Sherry Liao »

gavintsai 寫:This year I will delicate myself to my MBA degree. Next year, maybe I can invite some diligent members to study together for new TOEIC or advanced GEPT. Don't stop; never give up; Go!Go!Go! :wink:
That's appealing... :like:

However, before I join your study group, I should aim at High-Intermediate level first, or Intermediate level... :cccry:
Bill Yu
YOYO member

文章 Bill Yu »

Sherry, you said " he" doesn't feel like being publicized
I think that person is male.
Wayne Ni rarely come to meeting last year. So I don't guess him.
he doesn't feel like being publicized,
Why? I don't get it. It's a good thing. He can be role model for English learning.
Sherry Liao
YOYO member

文章 Sherry Liao »

Bill Yu 寫:
Sherry Liao 寫:he doesn't feel like being publicized,
Why? I don't get it. It's a good thing. He can be role model for English learning.
Well, I just thought that knowledgeable people usually like to keep a low profile.
(Rock, don't get me wrong. It's nothing to do with you... :mrgreen: )
Bill Yu 寫:Sherry, you said " he" doesn't feel like being publicized
I think that person is male.
Yes, I am not a "he", but who care? Don't tell me you don't know what "worldly wisdom" means! :twisted: :lol: :mrgreen:
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Sherry Liao 寫:
gavintsai 寫:This year I will delicate myself to my MBA degree. Next year, maybe I can invite some diligent members to study together for new TOEIC or advanced GEPT. Don't stop; never give up; Go!Go!Go! :wink:
That's appealing... :like:

However, before I join your study group, I should aim at High-Intermediate level first, or Intermediate level... :cccry:
It might be a good idea to form a study group dedicated for TOEIC or GEPT high-intermediate level this year. Anyone interested in it?
頭像
gavintsai
文章: 732
註冊時間: 週二 4月 29, 2008 7:23 pm
來自: 淡水

文章 gavintsai »

Wayne:

You are just so good! Could you share your story on the forum? I'd be pleased to read it.

Sherry, Kooper, and anybody who wants to take GEPT:

I have a set of GEPT books from elementary level to high-intermediate level.
If you are interested, you can borrow the books from me.

But be sure to return them to me when you are finished; I will use them to teach my two lovely nieces after they enter elementary school. :)
頭像
toshi
YOYO member
文章: 1383
註冊時間: 週日 7月 27, 2008 8:26 pm
聯繫:

文章 toshi »

Sherry Liao 寫:Nice tries, Bill. :wink: But why didn't you vote for me? :twisted:

Okay, I won't keep you guessing. The answer is...

.............................................................Wayne Ni.............................................................

I agree with Gloria that Wayne is more than qualified for Advanced level. However, I heard that the exam for Superior level is only held in particular condition, and not everyone can take that exam.

Anyway, congratulations to Wayne! If you finally get a chance to take the exam for Superior level and pass it, please be sure to let us know!! :D
Dear Wayne,

Congratulations! ^_^
本当にすごいですね!
隨你所喜
或酒、或詩、或是喜!
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

OK, here is something about GEPT Advanced level
全民英檢-高級考試 (GEPT Advanced Level Test)
分為初試及複試,初試通過者始能參加複試,初、複試皆通過者發給合格證書。高級通過者英語流利順暢,僅有少許錯誤,應用能力擴及學術或專業領域,英語能力相當於國內大學英語主修系所或曾赴英語系國家大學或研究所進修並取得學位者。

It's very difficult to pass this test. However, maybe it's not so hard for Wayne, right? We always know he is good. He reminds me a character of a puppet play in my childhood -- the Person Hide Behind the Mirror. He seldom shows himself, but he is the best. :lol:
頭像
Wayne
文章: 1500
註冊時間: 週四 5月 13, 2004 10:53 am
來自: Taipei, Taiwan, Pandemonium

文章 Wayne »

gavintsai 寫:Wayne:

You are just so good! Could you share your story on the forum? I'd be pleased to read it.

Sherry, Kooper, and anybody who wants to take GEPT:

I have a set of GEPT books from elementary level to high-intermediate level.
If you are interested, you can borrow the books from me.

But be sure to return them to me when you are finished; I will use them to teach my two lovely nieces after they enter elementary school. :)
Many thanks to Sherry for having brought it up; now the pressure is on. Neverthelees, I would love to share my tips of taking GEPT Advanced Test with you guys, but only after the Chinese New Year when I will be less busy.
Knowledge is power -- when shared.
回覆文章