An elite member in YOYO has passed GEPT Advanced level

Sherry Liao
YOYO member
文章: 1483
註冊時間: 週五 12月 07, 2007 12:15 pm

Re: An elite member in YOYO has passed GEPT Advanced level

文章 Sherry Liao »

Kooper 寫:It might be a good idea to form a study group dedicated for TOEIC or GEPT high-intermediate level this year. Anyone interested in it?
I second that motion!

... And we've got Wayne and Gavin as counselors. Now the study group is unbeatable. :lol:
Sherry Liao
YOYO member

文章 Sherry Liao »

What about you, Rock?

I think it's time for you to stop goofing around and get down to your study! :mrgreen:
頭像
Just JJ
YOYO member
文章: 220
註冊時間: 週二 4月 29, 2008 7:34 pm

文章 Just JJ »

Kooper 寫:
Sherry Liao 寫:
gavintsai 寫:This year I will delicate myself to my MBA degree. Next year, maybe I can invite some diligent members to study together for new TOEIC or advanced GEPT. Don't stop; never give up; Go!Go!Go! :wink:
That's appealing... :like:

However, before I join your study group, I should aim at High-Intermediate level first, or Intermediate level... :cccry:
It might be a good idea to form a study group dedicated for TOEIC or GEPT high-intermediate level this year. Anyone interested in it?
Ha, I am "planning" to get the GEPT Advanced test in five years. If there is a study team is happening, I am in.
I reckon it need a long term plan, Everyone share certain level responsibility to make this team work.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

Dear Sherry,
Although I don't know what is "goofing around", it mustn't be a good thing anyway. Actually, I did registered for a TOEFL ibt which is due in this February, and it falls right on the Valentine's Day. That's ironic.
So, do you want to have some fun, too? :lol:
Sherry Liao
YOYO member

文章 Sherry Liao »

"Have some fun, too"? :shock:
If I take that exam, I am sure after receiving the transcript you are going to make fun of me!

Ha... and the registration fee is a small fortune for the unprepared. I think I'll take a raincheck.

But then again, if my memory is correct, I think the phrase "goofing around" comes from "Essential Idioms in English" by Robert J Dixson. You should have known it... :twisted: :twisted:
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

狄克生片語? I hate it! That's one reason I couldn't enjoy studying English when I was young. Oh, I get it! You are implying that I belong to the old generation? Why, of course you're right. And I'm no match to you young people at all. :( So sad, but true.
Sherry Liao
YOYO member

文章 Sherry Liao »

Hey, don't get me wrong. I meant since you were so good at English you must have known the meaning of the phrase.

I used to hate that book when I was young, too. But recently I found idioms quite interesting, and was thinking to borrow it from a library to read it again.

Oops, that means we belong to the same generation.... :shock:
回覆文章