ISG 0405 These two people change the world

Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2728
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

Re: ISG 0405 These two people change the world

文章 Kooper »

Kooper 寫:I have a question: why Bill's words "I’m not Fake Steve Jobs" is a punchline?
Sorry, I didn't read the reference material until tonight. The answer actually lies in Jobs: Windows is hell

BTW, to tell you good news. Chiron is going to join us tomorrow morning. :ssmile:
Sherry Liao
YOYO member
文章: 1486
註冊時間: 週五 12月 07, 2007 12:15 pm

文章 Sherry Liao »

Sorry I didn't meet the deadline. Here are my replies:

Q1:
In most of the people's impression, Apple and Microsoft are the most important companies in the technology industry; and Steve Jobs and Bill Gates are well-known as having contributed a lot to the development of this field. In an age when the development of the technology has changed our life in all aspects, the much-anticipated conversation between these two giants would undoubtedly sparkle. In my opinion, it is kind of conflicting though, for it looks like Steve Jobs is more magnetic and has much more faithful fans, at least in the Western world, but it is Microsoft that has had an overwhelming market share in this industry.

Q2:
In the interview, After complimenting each other on their accomplishment in this field, Steve Jobs and Bill Gates talked about their cooperation in a project, and looked back at old times talking about the people and events back then, just like old pals.

Steve Jobs and Bill Gates presented quite different characters. As one of the comments at the bottom of the clip pointed out, Steve Jobs dressed like an art director, while Bill Gates dressed like a business manager. Also, during the interview, Steve Jobs tried to convey the idea that both Apple and Microsoft's accomplishment were attributed to the work teams, and politely glorified his rival on what he did in the industry. Bill Gates was more bold to say what he felt or what he thought was true.
Sherry Liao
YOYO member
文章: 1486
註冊時間: 週五 12月 07, 2007 12:15 pm

文章 Sherry Liao »

I read my summary again and it is really of the point. Actually making a summary of their conversation is no picnic to me. There are many unfamiliar computer science terms and brand names and people in the interview. Soon after I tried to figure out what "Lisa" meant, I stumbled on "floating-point" and "screen buffer" and so on and so forth. I have no idea what the history was in reference to. Seems that they were talking Greek to me.

Enough excuses. Anyway, should I have made any stupid opinions or wrong summaries, please dismiss them with a laugh, no no, I meant please do not hesitate to correct me.
頭像
Just JJ
YOYO member
文章: 220
註冊時間: 週二 4月 29, 2008 7:34 pm

文章 Just JJ »

Sherry Liao 寫:I read my summary again and it is really of the point. Actually making a summary of their conversation is no picnic to me. There are many unfamiliar computer science terms and brand names and people in the interview. Soon after I tried to figure out what "Lisa" meant, I stumbled on "floating-point" and "screen buffer" and so on and so forth. I have no idea what the history was in reference to. Seems that they were talking Greek to me.

Enough excuses. Anyway, should I have made any stupid opinions or wrong summaries, please dismiss them with a laugh, no no, I meant please do not hesitate to correct me.

When I first found this veideo, I thought "Wow, this is great.
So I chose this topic as our content....
I feel exactly the same way.......
I think this topic will make us bored, if we don't know much about computer history....
頭像
Just JJ
YOYO member
文章: 220
註冊時間: 週二 4月 29, 2008 7:34 pm

文章 Just JJ »

Just JJ 寫:Discussion for tomorrow morning:

First section: free talk for ten minutes
Second section:
(1)According to the article, Why Steve Jobs Is Bigger Than Bill Gates, most of people believe Steve Job has greater contribution to the world.
To my knowledge, however, I don't think Steve Jobs is more recognizable than Bill Gates in Taiwan. Do you agree? If you agree with what
I have observed, can you explain why that is?? (In Taiwan, why Bill Gates is more recognizable than Steve Jobs??)

(2) I'm still thinking, Damn !! ( to be continued)
Second section:
(0) Any comment about this video??

(1)Accordingo to the article, Why Steve Jobs Is Bigger Than Bill Gates, most of people believe Steve Job has greater contribution to the world.
To my knowledge, however, I don't think Steve Jobs is more recognizable than Bill Gates in Taiwan. Do you agree? If you agree with what
I have observed, can you explain why that is?? (In Taiwan, why Bill Gates is more recognizable than Steve Jobs??)

(2)In the article, "Jobs: Windows is hell",
what "app" in paragraph 2?? what does "It's like giving a glass of ice water to somebody in hell" mean in the same paragraph?
頭像
chiron
YOYO member
文章: 520
註冊時間: 週三 10月 03, 2007 4:23 pm

文章 chiron »

Just JJ 寫:
Just JJ 寫:Discussion for tomorrow morning:

First section: free talk for ten minutes
Second section:
(1)According to the article, Why Steve Jobs Is Bigger Than Bill Gates, most of people believe Steve Job has greater contribution to the world.

(2) I'm still thinking, Damn !! ( to be continued)
Second section:
(0) Any comment about this video??

(1)Accordingo to the article, Why Steve Jobs Is Bigger Than Bill Gates, most of people believe Steve Job has greater contribution to the world.

(2)In the article, "Jobs: Windows is hell",
what "app" in paragraph 2?? what does "It's like giving a glass of ice water to somebody in hell" mean in the same paragraph?
Hi, sorry for replying so late. Forgive the newcomer. (I'm the rookie. ^_^)
for question 0
after viewing this video, i have the same ideas as you 3, bill gate is good at selling, but steve gates is a real pioneer. as i said in the meeting, without any one of them, we won't have this world where computer takes a super important role in our life. (i believe the end of the world may start from computer if some tremedous virus destroys all of our computer systems, in another way, don't you think we rely on computer too much??)

for question 1
it's quite easy, normal people would only remember bill gates for he is more accessible to us. i believe everyone konws he used to be the richest person in the world. see, we will only remember no. 1, not no. 2.

for question 2
i really think itune is not easy to use. i don't know why they say that (It's like giving a glass of ice water to somebody in hell). maybe it exaggerates too much, but i still admire apple's design.

that's some of my idea. hope we will have a nice meeting next sunday morning.
Please call me Na'vi!
回覆文章