ISG 0517 Miss Potter - chapter 2 - 4

Sherry Liao
YOYO member
文章: 1483
註冊時間: 週五 12月 07, 2007 12:15 pm

Re: ISG 0517 Miss Potter - chapter 2 - 4

文章 Sherry Liao »

chiron 寫:2. Answer the following questions on forum.
a. How did Mrs. Potter control things in her house? (p.33)
My answer is the same as Kooper's and Ivy's.
chiron 寫:b. How did Norman reduce the book's cost (which little rabbits can not afford)? (p.37)
The same as Kooper's and Ivy's.
chiron 寫:c. How did Miss Potter conjure up with the name of peter rabbit? (p.49))
The same as Kooper's and Ivy's.
chiron 寫:d. Why did Mrs. Potter purse her lips as her husband said, "I drew Mama when we first met. She married me" (on page 50)?
My answer is the same as Kooper's.
chiron 寫:e. What did Bertram plan to say when he said, "you haven't lived until..." on page 52?
Chiron, I am inquisitive about answer you come up with. You must have something to say, don't you?
chiron 寫:f. Why did Miss Potter think of William Heelis when Norman reached out and impulsively took her hand on page 40?
William Heelis was Miss Potter's first love. I think when Norman hold Miss Potter's hand, she got the same feeling as she saw William Heelis in the very begining - a flush of excitement, embarrassment, and nervousness, although she had not been aware of her affections at the moment.
Sherry Liao
YOYO member

文章 Sherry Liao »

chiron 寫:e. What did Bertram plan to say when he said, "you haven't lived until..." on page 52?
I think Bertram had made a resolution to reveal a secret to his sister, which he dared not to tell when he was sober. What he planed to say in Chapter 4 was in excuse of justifying his behavior of the secret.
頭像
chiron
YOYO member
文章: 520
註冊時間: 週三 10月 03, 2007 4:23 pm

文章 chiron »

Sherry Liao 寫:
I think Bertram had made a resolution to reveal a secret to his sister, which he dared not to tell when he was sober. What he planed to say in Chapter 4 was in excuse of justifying his behavior of the secret.
dare not, "dare" is an auxiliary in denial usage.
最後由 chiron 於 週日 5月 17, 2009 7:02 am 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。
Please call me Na'vi!
頭像
chiron
YOYO member
文章: 520
註冊時間: 週三 10月 03, 2007 4:23 pm

文章 chiron »

Sherry Liao 寫:
My answer is quite simple and vulgar, I think he wanted to say, "until you have sex with sb." A reserved author always uses "dot, dot, dot" to cover the sex parts.

P.S. Allow me not to aswer the other questions, since I have already provided the hint pages.
Please call me Na'vi!
Sherry Liao
YOYO member

文章 Sherry Liao »

I'd like to say thank you to my classmates. Dear Ivy, Chiron and Kooper, you are so sweet. I really appreciate it.
頭像
Just JJ
YOYO member
文章: 220
註冊時間: 週二 4月 29, 2008 7:34 pm

文章 Just JJ »

Sherry Liao 寫:
Just JJ 寫:Hopefully, that doesn't count, coz I will make it up. :(
What do you want to make up?
Make up for your study? Make up to us? :twisted:
Maybe both. :lol:
I am back.
I suppose both making up for my study and to you guys might be the only way I can get out of it. :cccry:
IVY
YOYO member
文章: 61
註冊時間: 週日 4月 16, 2006 11:44 am

文章 IVY »

Just JJ 寫:
Sherry Liao 寫:
Just JJ 寫:Hopefully, that doesn't count, coz I will make it up. :(
What do you want to make up?
Make up for your study? Make up to us? :twisted:
Maybe both. :lol:
I am back.
I suppose both making up for my study and to you guys might be the only way I can get out of it. :cccry:
JJ

you miss someone's big day
you miss the chance to sing with us for celebrating
how can you make up
頭像
Just JJ
YOYO member
文章: 220
註冊時間: 週二 4月 29, 2008 7:34 pm

文章 Just JJ »

IVY 寫:
JJ

how can you make up
I think I can guess what was happening. It's someone's birthday. It's late.... :ccry:
A lollipop to Sherry might do it. That's the only thing I can say.... :sun:
Sherry Liao
YOYO member

文章 Sherry Liao »

Just JJ 寫:
IVY 寫:
JJ

how can you make up
I think I can guess what was happening. It's someone's birthday. It's late.... :ccry:
A lollipop to Sherry might do it. That's the only thing I can say.... :sun:
Hey, JJ, I am not a three-year-old.....

I want GODIVA chocolate. :twisted:
回覆文章