ISG 0531 NPR Hourly News Summary

janet12tw
文章: 136
註冊時間: 週日 5月 31, 2009 6:13 am

Re: ISG 0531 NPR Hourly News Summary

文章 janet12tw »

Janet

My Summary:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The government declares it is hard to get full house vote if we need to put the amount of carbon dioxide emission we want to cut into consideration. But it is a good start that people's attention are raised to the global warming. Because the republicans in the congress opposed to this bill, put a limit in the amount of carbon dioxide emission needed to be cut will make it even harder and delay the process for several years. But based on the weather condition now, the government hope they can cut 83% of emission amount in 2005 by the year of 2015.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Due to the bad weather condition, the shuttle of Atlantic cannot land as planned this morning. So the NASA need to make sure enough oxygen is provided for the astronauts and to generate electricity for keeping the shuttle orbit safely through the weekend.
President Obama has approved a new law that the banks will not raise interest if the credit card payment is not settled more than 60 days behind the payment. And the government will enforce a stricter law in giving credit card to people age 21. This law will be put into practice next year.
The bank SSB is short of capital and will be put out of business this year.
Sherry Liao
YOYO member
文章: 1486
註冊時間: 週五 12月 07, 2007 12:15 pm

文章 Sherry Liao »

IVY 寫:Vice President xxx arrived in Beirut Lebanon today for talks with Lebanese President ahead of the crucial election in the country. The Lebanese vote on 6/7 in the close parlimentary race has belw in its outline that could win the majority. In the shift power away for political party that start supports of the US. XXX's visit is show of support for Lebanese president. xxx also likely the center on the Middle East's peace process that President Obama backs says Lebanese xx : He's here more for regional issues, named it is in peace process, so definitly it is on the agenda and i'm sure the Lebanese President has a lot of questions on this issues. For Lebanon , the questions concerned Israel's recent announcement to restar peace talks with Syria, the Lebanese wants US assurance that the regional deal will not come at Lebanon's expense.
The long weekend really exhausted my kids completely. It's 10:00am and none of them get up. What a rarely quiet and untroubled Sunday morning! :lol:

The following is my revision:

Vice President Joe Biden arrived in Beirut Lebanon today for talks with Lebanese President ahead of a crucial election in the country. The Lebanese vote on 6/7 in a close parliamentary race has (?) and its alliance (that) could win the majority. And the shifted power await from political party is a start supporter of the US. Biden's visit is a show of support for Lebanese president. Biden’s stop is also likely to the center on the Middle East's peace process that President Obama backs says Lebanese xx : He's here more for regional issues, named it (is) in peace process, so definitely it is on the agenda and I'm sure the Lebanese President has a lot of questions on this issues. For Lebanon , the questions concerned Israel's recent announcement to restart peace talks with Syria, the Lebanese wants US's assurance that the regional deal will not come at Lebanon's expense.
Sherry Liao
YOYO member

文章 Sherry Liao »

Kooper 寫:Chief astronaut Steve Lindsey flew in a NASA training jet to judge first hand with Atlantis crews would face during the final crucial second before touch down.
Kooper 寫:Edwards Air Force Base is a backup strip in California, and KSC is the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
I've listened to the report again and have to agree to your revision. I am a bit confused since, seems that the report sounds different from what I heard yesterday (All right. That's really a lame excuse). But I also have to say that transcribing is really interesting. The process of listening, searching, finding, and correcting is really intriguing.
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2728
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Sherry Liao 寫: The following is my revision:

Vice President Joe Biden arrived in Beirut Lebanon today for talks with Lebanese President ahead of a crucial election in the country. The Lebanese vote on 6/7 in a close parliamentary race has (?) and its alliance (that) could win the majority. And the shifted power await from political party is a start supporter of the US. Biden's visit is a show of support for Lebanese president. Biden’s stop is also likely to the center on the Middle East's peace process that President Obama backs says Lebanese xx : He's here more for regional issues, named it (is) in peace process, so definitely it is on the agenda and I'm sure the Lebanese President has a lot of questions on this issues. For Lebanon , the questions concerned Israel's recent announcement to restart peace talks with Syria, the Lebanese wants US's assurance that the regional deal will not come at Lebanon's expense.
Hi Sherry,
I revised it a little based on your version.

Vice President Joe Biden arrived in Beirut Lebanon today for talks with the Lebanese President ahead of a crucial election in the country. The Lebanese vote on June 7th. In a close parliamentary race Hezbollah and its allies could win the majority and shift the power away from political parties that are stout supporters of the US. Biden’s visit is a show of support for the Lebanese President. Biden’s talks are also likely to center on the Middle East's peace process that President Obama backs, says Lebanese xx. He's here more for regional issues, named it (is) in peace process, so definitely this will be on the agenda and I'm sure the Lebanese President has a lot of questions on this issues. For Lebanon , the questions concerned Israel's recent announcement to restart peace talks with Syria, the Lebanese want US’s assurance that the regional deal will not come at Lebanon's expense.
Sherry Liao
YOYO member

文章 Sherry Liao »

Kooper 寫:
Sherry Liao 寫: The following is my revision:

Hi Sherry,
I revised it a little based on your version.

Vice President Joe Biden arrived in Beirut Lebanon today for talks with the Lebanese President ahead of a crucial election in the country. The Lebanese vote on June 7th. In a close parliamentary race Hezbollah and its allies could win the majority and shift the power away from political parties that are stout supporters of the US. Biden’s visit is a show of support for the Lebanese President. Biden’s talks are also likely to center on the Middle East's peace process that President Obama backs, says Lebanese xx. He's here more for regional issues, named it (is) in peace process, so definitely this will be on the agenda and I'm sure the Lebanese President has a lot of questions on this issues. For Lebanon , the questions concerned Israel's recent announcement to restart peace talks with Syria, the Lebanese want US’s assurance that the regional deal will not come at Lebanon's expense.
Thanks a lot. :oops:
回覆文章