ISG100103 Transcribing 60-second Psych

回覆文章
Sherry Liao
YOYO member
文章: 1486
註冊時間: 週五 12月 07, 2007 12:15 pm

Re: ISG100103 Transcribing 60-second Psych

文章 Sherry Liao »

May I have a new one? I inadvertently read the script (I thought it was an introduction) before listening to the audio clip. :ultra:

Maybe I just choose another piece myself.
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2728
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Sherry Liao 寫:May I have a new one? I inadvertently read the script (I thought it was an introduction) before listening to the audio clip. :ultra:

Maybe I just choose another piece myself.
Hi Sherry,

You may switch yours with mine. :ssmile:
Kooper
YOYO member

文章 Kooper »

Dear ISG members,

Please DO NOT read the articles on the website before transcribing. They are transcripts and you will lose all the fun. :sun:
Kooper
YOYO member

文章 Kooper »

Ghosts - We’re drawn to them yet they frighten us. I mean we all feel better knowing when one is not looking. But do perceived specters have a real effect on our behavior? A 2005 study published in HUMAN NATURE reviewed what happened when students believed their lab is haunted. 127 students took a test with one xxx. They had an opportunity to cheat. A computer glitch caused the correct answer to be displayed on screen unless subject immediately tabbed the space bar. That’s clearing the solution from the screen. The experimental group was also told the lab was haunted and that scientists recently have seen the ghost of a dead grad student in the test room. Turns out the haunted group was less likely to cheat, hitting the space bar nearly 40% faster and that’s getting rid of the correct answer than the controlled group. The researchers wrote that fear of ghost existing a hundred xxx days rivaling adapted fears such as those of sneaks and spiders. They proposed that supernatural believe has a value – preventing social deviates because we fear someone may be watching. Maybe, but the idea of superstition has a social purpose as opposed to merely being a byproduct of consciousness will require further study and ultimately may never be scientifically provable.
Sherry Liao
YOYO member

文章 Sherry Liao »

The xxx photo of Alaska governor Sarah Palin, in her stars and stripes bikini proudly gripping a rifle, flooded the internet wires over the last few weeks only to spread once more when the photo was proven to be a fake But the image's influence holds, even through it was a fraud. A recent research by (name) of xxx University supports this idea of lasting influence of misinformation. (name) shows subjects a transcript of an ad created by a xxx group stating that John Robert, stands as a Supreme Court nominee, has supported violence against abortion clinics. Then subjects were shown an unequivocal refutation of the ad. Well, 56% of the Democrats in this group have disapproved Robert before seeing the ad, but that percentage jumped 80 after seeing the false information. Here is the interesting part: after the adverse discredit(?), the percentage of Democrats against Robert dropped, but only to 72%. So the number who would unsupport him was(?) higher than before exposing to the ad. Interesting, the Republicans disapproval also rose after reading the ad transcript but xxx baseline after the advertising budged, so it seems that lasting impact of misinformation during campaign is dependent on subjects' preexisting views as whether they buy into the negative or positive information about the candidate. You know, remember this when we read in the paper that nearly a third voters believe Barack Obama is Muslim, not Christian. Perhaps it maybe because the inaccurate rumors that Obama took us oath on the Koran instead, xxx, on the Bible.
janet12tw
文章: 136
註冊時間: 週日 5月 31, 2009 6:13 am

文章 janet12tw »

This is scientfic American 60 seconds psych. I am Christine Nicosin. Got a minute? Email is often a rather casual form of communication. Language is more formal and grammer, well, ONG it in a priority, but now comes to study that finds that people tend to lie more in email than when in writing with kind of paper. This research from Nipole Nihai and Record University. 48 NBA students were given 89 dollars to split with an unknown person they were contacted in print. Students sending a written note lied about the total sum of money 64 percent of the time. But students sending emails to their partners lied about the total amount more than 92 percent of the time. A second test found the rate of lie remains the same. Even when the subjects knew their partners. Well, the other suggest the email as a young phenomenon and social rule and loser still _______. When you put something in writing, psychologically there is a struggle hole that is really there, in writing. Thanks for the minute for scientific American 60 second psych. I am Christine Nicosin.
Sherry Liao
YOYO member

文章 Sherry Liao »

janet12tw 寫:This is scientfic American 60 seconds psych. I am Christine Nicosin. Got a minute? Email is often a rather casual form of communication. Language is more formal and grammer, well, ONG it in a priority, but now comes to study that finds that people tend to lie more in email than when in writing with kind of paper. This research from Nipole Nihai and Record University. 48 NBA students were given 89 dollars to split with an unknown person they were contacted in print. Students sending a written note lied about the total sum of money 64 percent of the time. But students sending emails to their partners lied about the total amount more than 92 percent of the time. A second test found the rate of lie remains the same. Even when the subjects knew their partners. Well, the other suggest the email as a young phenomenon and social rule and loser still _______. When you put something in writing, psychologically there is a struggle hole that is really there, in writing. Thanks for the minute for scientific American 60 second psych. I am Christine Nicosin.
This is my revision:

This is scientfic 60 seconds psych. I am Christine Nicosin. Got a minute? Email is often a rather casual form of communication. Language is more informal and grammer, well, OMG it in a priority, but now comes a study that finds that people tend to lie more in email than when in writing with kind of(?) paper. This research from Nipole Nihai and Record University. 48 NBA students were given 89 dollars to split with an unknown person they were to contact in print. Students sending a written note lied about the total sum of money 64 percent of the time. But students sending emails to their partners lied about the total amount more than 92 percent of the time. A second test found the rate of lie remains the same. Even when the subjects knew their partners. Well, the other suggest the email is a young phenomenon and there's social rule and loser still _______. Whereas when you put something in writing, psychologically there is a struggle hole that is really there, in writing. Thanks for the minute for scientific American 60 second psych. I am Christine Nicosin.
IVY
YOYO member
文章: 61
註冊時間: 週日 4月 16, 2006 11:44 am

文章 IVY »

There is a study of xx that mobile phone will not give us cancer, but cell phone can cause real pain that’s according to an article impressed at the journal xx. People are increasingly complaining of being electro sensitive. For them, the sells electro made that make feel causes real pain. And in Sweden, suffers build houses that block the supposed damaging electrical fields. But there is a x. Studies have shown such victims feel the same discomfort when they x a fake phone as they do when they are near real phone. So what’s going on? Research of university at x finds one possible source of this pain. They told 30 participants they’d be exposed to 2 x, a heat x and an acted cell phone. The x was real but the phone was phony. When exposed to heat, the electro sensitive group as well as control group complained of discomfort. But one exposed to the pretended phone, only the allegedly electro sensitive ones report the pain. And the reports match their actual physiological response when exposed to the shame, the brain cancer of the control group revealed no effect. But the electro sensitive group showed that increased activities and x specific to pain x. So the pain is real even the phone isn’t. And the real cause like somewhere in their hurting heads.
頭像
gavintsai
文章: 732
註冊時間: 週二 4月 29, 2008 7:23 pm
來自: 淡水

文章 gavintsai »

Studies have shown that monkeys can control robotic arms and computer cursors with the electrical impulses of their own thoughts. So we know there's a way to turn the activity of neurons into a signal that can control movement of a mechanical object—but what about movement in actual muscle? A report in the journal Nature shows that it is indeed possible to route a brain signal via an artificial connection to move paralyzed muscles.The work was done with monkeys. Researchers recorded electrical activity in a monkey's brain as it moved a computer cursor, after which they used a nerve block to temporarily paralyze the monkey's wrists so it couldn't manipulate the cursor. They then created a new electronic connection from a single neuron to the wrist muscles. This detour bypassed the anaesthetized nerves that caused the temporary paralysis.Within minutes monkeys started using their wrist muscles again to play a video game.The researchers noted that the neurons used in the detour are not normally associated with wrist movement. They said that nearly any motor cortex cell can be "trained" to control any muscle.Human clinical studies are still a long way off, but this proof of concept provides hope for the hundreds of thousands of people immobilized from spinal cord injuries or strokes.
回覆文章