頭像
gavintsai
文章: 732
註冊時間: 週二 4月 29, 2008 7:23 pm
來自: 淡水

ISG 100207 GEPT speaking test

文章 gavintsai »

Dear partners:

This week, we will practice GEPT speaking test (intermediate level) as warming up.
Please practice orally in advance.
During on-line discussion, we will take turns to answer just part Ⅱ and part Ⅲ. Then we can give advice to one another.
After on-line discussion, I will upload the reference answer files provided by the book.

Gavin

第一部分:朗讀短文
請先利用1分鐘的時間閱讀下面的短文,然後在2分鐘內以正常的速度,清楚正確的朗讀下面的短文。
When you get a postcard or letter, in the corner there is a postmark. The postmark tells where the card was sent from. Back in 1946, some people in a small town wanted to share the name of their town with the world. They lived in Loveland, Colorado. They came up with an idea of getting the Loveland postmark on cards and letters. Letters and cards were first mailed to Loveland. In Loveland, they received the postmark, and then they were sent to the person who was meant to receive it. The person receiving the card would see that the card was sent from Loveland.
My first meal on the ship gave me my first acquaintance with coffee. The coffee served by a French waiter was hot and bitter. I noticed that the others were stirring their coffee with silver spoons. And I had a bright idea. I ate mine like soup. My brother leaned over and told me that I was to use the spoon only to stir with. I blushed and then retreated, saying I felt seasick. Back in the cabin I decided the Europeans must be very stupid people to make eating so complicated.

Gavin: Part Ⅰ would be just for self-practice. We won’t need to discuss this part during on-line discussion.

第二部分:回答問題
這個部份共有10題。題目已事先錄音,每題經由耳機播出二次,不印在試題冊上。第1至5題,每題回答時間15秒;第6至10題,每題回答時間30秒。每題播出後,請立即回答。回答時,不一定要用完整的句子,但請在作答時間內儘量的表達。
Gavin: Please download the oral question files from here.
http://ifile.it/jhypirt/speaking%20test.rar
1. Click “request download ticket” in the bottom of the screen
2. Click “download”
3. Save the RAR file in your computer
4. Un-compress the RAR file.

第三部份:看圖敘述
下面有一張圖片及四個相關的問題,請在1分半鐘內完成作答。作答時,請直接回答,不需將題號及題目唸出。首先請利用30秒的時間看圖及問題。
1. 這是什麼地方?
2. 照片中的人在做什麼?
3. 這張照片給了你什麼樣的感受?
4. 如果尚有時間,請詳細描述圖片中的景物。
圖檔
頭像
gavintsai

Re: ISG 100131 GEPT speaking test

文章 gavintsai »

Dear all:

For part Ⅱ, everybody needs to prepare an answer for each question;
however, during on-line discussion, due to time limit, everybody will be randomly assigned just two questions.

For part Ⅲ, everybody needs to make a complete answer.

See you.

Gavin

gavintsai 寫:Dear partners:

第二部分:回答問題
這個部份共有10題。題目已事先錄音,每題經由耳機播出二次,不印在試題冊上。第1至5題,每題回答時間15秒;第6至10題,每題回答時間30秒。每題播出後,請立即回答。回答時,不一定要用完整的句子,但請在作答時間內儘量的表達。
Gavin: Please download the oral question files from here.
http://ifile.it/jhypirt/speaking%20test.rar
1. Click “request download ticket” in the bottom of the screen
2. Click “download”
3. Save the RAR file in your computer
4. Un-compress the RAR file.

頭像
chiron
YOYO member
文章: 520
註冊時間: 週三 10月 03, 2007 4:23 pm

文章 chiron »

I thought last week is cancelled, so this week we are going to have last week's original topic again??

BTW, guys, do you mind to have a video meeting? I think we will have a quality on-line meeting with visual expressions. But first of all, you have to get a webcam.
Please call me Na'vi!
頭像
gavintsai

文章 gavintsai »

Hi, Chiron, Kooper may be too busy to make an announcement, I think.
I asked him last night; all ISG topics will be postponed for one week. So, your assumption is right.

In addition, I think using a webcam or not can be optional. For those who prefer visual expressions, of course it's a good idea. :)

Gavin

chiron 寫:I thought last week is cancelled, so this week we are going to have last week's original topic again??

BTW, guys, do you mind to have a video meeting? I think we will have a quality on-line meeting with visual expressions. But first of all, you have to get a webcam.
Sherry Liao
YOYO member
文章: 1486
註冊時間: 週五 12月 07, 2007 12:15 pm

文章 Sherry Liao »

Hi Gavin,

To get it straight, you meant there's no written assignment this week, but we need to do all the oral practice beforehand, is that correct?
Sherry Liao
YOYO member

文章 Sherry Liao »

chiron 寫:BTW, guys, do you mind to have a video meeting? I think we will have a quality on-line meeting with visual expressions. But first of all, you have to get a webcam.
Hi Chiron,

I don't think a video meeting would work. As far as I know, webcoms are only workable for one-to-one communication. For an on-line meeting that contains people more than three, I don't know if there is any way for us to see people's appearance on the screens.
頭像
Just JJ
YOYO member
文章: 220
註冊時間: 週二 4月 29, 2008 7:34 pm

文章 Just JJ »

Sherry Liao 寫:
chiron 寫:BTW, guys, do you mind to have a video meeting? I think we will have a quality on-line meeting with visual expressions. But first of all, you have to get a webcam.
Hi Chiron,

I don't think a video meeting would work. As far as I know, webcoms are only workable for one-to-one communication. For an on-line meeting that contains people more than three, I don't know if there is any way for us to see people's appearance on the screens.
Sherry, & Chiron, I am not concerned about the technical problem.
I am concernning everyone is showing their face saying "I am hating to get up so early, and my hair is so messy" :lol:
頭像
chiron
YOYO member
文章: 520
註冊時間: 週三 10月 03, 2007 4:23 pm

文章 chiron »

Just JJ 寫:
Sherry Liao 寫:
Hi Chiron,

Sherry, & Chiron, I am not concerned about the technical problem.
I am concernning everyone is showing their face saying "I am hating to get up so early, and my hair is so messy" :lol:
Perhaps you can put the most fabulous self-photo in front of your webcam if you have that concern.
Please call me Na'vi!
頭像
gavintsai

文章 gavintsai »

Hello, Sherry, you are right.

Because this is an oral test, we are not supposed to write down the answers first.
Sherry Liao 寫:Hi Gavin,

To get it straight, you meant there's no written assignment this week, but we need to do all the oral practice beforehand, is that correct?
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2728
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

Re: ISG 100207 GEPT speaking test

文章 Kooper »

My dear friends,

After a whole week of exhausting work and a whole week of midnight conference calls (just finished one), I'm afraid I've been burned out and is unable to join your discussion tomorrow morning (Still, I am having a conference meeting tomorrow afternoon.). Please forgive my absence and wish you a marvelous discussion tomorrow.

Regards,
Kooper
Sherry Liao
YOYO member

文章 Sherry Liao »

After practicing Part III, it's quite interesting to find that we use different words to describe the same things.

For example:
fireman, firemen
smokestack, chimney
and this one (消防隊員手上拿的東西): hose, spout, pipe line

To be honest, the practice of the exam this morning was really heart-stopping... :shock:
Sherry Liao
YOYO member

文章 Sherry Liao »

During the meeting, Gavin shared lots of tips with us. I think they are really useful and would like to share them here: (Can I, Gavin?)

1. (For Part II and Part III) Try to say one 直述句 and one 形容句 to describe each answer, then your answers will be more organized
Ex.: This is a factory. It looks like a very large factory
There are two fire fighters trying to extinguish a fire accident. Some other team members may be inside the factory finding victims
On one hand, I am sad because a fire causes death
On the other hand, I am happy there is no victims who really died
There are two chimneys, some walls which are almost burnt down
There are two firemen with a hose

2. (For part II) One sentence to state your stance, another sentence to describe feelings. Then you use about 15 seconds.
I suggest using two sentences for each question, then you can answer it steadily without unnecessary words, because 15 seconds are only enough for two sentences. (So for Q6-Q10, there should be 4 sentences.)
And the outline can be:
1 state your stance, like: I think getting a tattoo is not a good idea for students
2 main reason: because that distract them from studying
3 explain: to students, the main job is to get a good grade, tattoos would draw their attentions away
4 conclusion: so they should not get taboos
For asking about feelings, you can arrange the other outline. Like:
Q. What is your favorite song
State two reasons and say that's why i love it so much
I think some preparation would be good, like:
Prepare one outline for feeling question
One outline for asking what's your favorite stuff
One lutline for asking what would you do
And other outlines like these:

(Gavin stopped here.)
頭像
gavintsai

文章 gavintsai »

Dear Sherry and every attendant:

Thanks for practicing together. It was fun, wasn't it

Of course I am glad to share these tips with everybody.
When I attended the first 3 levels of GEPT, I used similar ideas, which really helped me remain calm.

Have a happy Chinese New Year.

Gavin

Sherry Liao 寫:During the meeting, Gavin shared lots of tips with us. I think they are really useful and would like to share them here: (Can I, Gavin?)

1. (For Part II and Part III) Try to say one 直述句 and one 形容句 to describe each answer, then your answers will be more organized
Ex.: This is a factory. It looks like a very large factory
There are two fire fighters trying to extinguish a fire accident. Some other team members may be inside the factory finding victims
On one hand, I am sad because a fire causes death
On the other hand, I am happy there is no victims who really died
There are two chimneys, some walls which are almost burnt down
There are two firemen with a hose

2. (For part II) One sentence to state your stance, another sentence to describe feelings. Then you use about 15 seconds.
I suggest using two sentences for each question, then you can answer it steadily without unnecessary words, because 15 seconds are only enough for two sentences. (So for Q6-Q10, there should be 4 sentences.)
And the outline can be:
1 state your stance, like: I think getting a tattoo is not a good idea for students
2 main reason: because that distract them from studying
3 explain: to students, the main job is to get a good grade, tattoos would draw their attentions away
4 conclusion: so they should not get taboos
For asking about feelings, you can arrange the other outline. Like:
Q. What is your favorite song
State two reasons and say that's why i love it so much
I think some preparation would be good, like:
Prepare one outline for feeling question
One outline for asking what's your favorite stuff
One lutline for asking what would you do
And other outlines like these:

(Gavin stopped here.)
回覆文章