YOYO-ISG 101003 TV series, Desperate Housewives

頭像
chiron
YOYO member
文章: 520
註冊時間: 週三 10月 03, 2007 4:23 pm

Re: YOYO-ISG 101003 TV series, Desperate Housewives

文章 chiron »

(Cut to:INT. MEYER HOUSE - SUSAN- WORK STUDIO --- DAY JULIE paces the floor walking back and forth, throwing the soccer ball up and down as she talks. SUSAN is working on her illustrations.)
JULIE: (to SUSAN) His wife died a year ago, he wanted to stay in LA but there were too many memories. He's renting for tax purposes, but he's hoping to buy a place real soon.
SUSAN: I can't believe you went over there.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Cut to:BREE slides back into their booth, where REX is sitting.)
BREE: Okay, well, I got you the honey mustard dressing; the ranch looked just a little bit suspect. (starts cutting the bread as REX sighs, starting on his salad)
REX: (chews the salad as he watches BREE) Are we gonna talk about what I just said?
BREE: If you think I'm gonna discuss the dissolution of my marriage in a place where the restrooms are labelled "chicks" and "dudes "(looks up at REX), you're out of your mind.

Guys: What do the blue lines on the above mean? Any suggesion?
Please call me Na'vi!
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

chiron 寫:(Cut to:INT. MEYER HOUSE - SUSAN- WORK STUDIO --- DAY JULIE paces the floor walking back and forth, throwing the soccer ball up and down as she talks. SUSAN is working on her illustrations.)
JULIE: (to SUSAN) His wife died a year ago, he wanted to stay in LA but there were too many memories. He's renting for tax purposes, but he's hoping to buy a place real soon.
SUSAN: I can't believe you went over there.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BREE: Okay, well, I got you the honey mustard dressing; the ranch looked just a little bit suspect. (starts cutting the bread as REX sighs, starting on his salad)
REX: (chews the salad as he watches BREE) Are we gonna talk about what I just said?
BREE: If you think I'm gonna discuss the dissolution of my marriage in a place where the restrooms are labelled "chicks" and "dudes "(looks up at REX), you're out of your mind.

He is renting in order not to be heavily taxed by the government. In Taiwan, renting expenses can be used to deduct taxable income. My guess is that's also the case in US.
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

I'm glad you're interested in these. :ssmile: Here I provided how they were expressed in the Desperate Housewives.

當朋友帶禮物(ex:自己做的食物)來你家時, 你可以說… 然後你朋友可以說…
A: You shouldn’t have gone to all this trouble. B: It was no trouble at all.
在公共場所, 同伴說話太大聲時, 你可以說…
People are starting to stare. Can you keep your voice down please?
友人親人喪禮時, 碰到他可以說…
1. I know you’re out of your mind with grief. 2. I’m so sorry for your loss.
形容人表裡不一可以說…
He pretends to be one way on the outside and is totally different on the inside.
當友人完成一件值得稱讚的事時, 可以對他說…
Good for you.
認為某人過去該作某事(那人實際上並沒作那件事), 應用哪個助動詞?
Should have done something
鼓勵他人勇敢面對困境時說…
We all have moments of desperation. But if we can face them head-on, that’s how we find out just how strong we really are.
拿東西給別人時說…
1. Here you go. 2. Here.
要某人走過來到你身邊時說…
Get over here. (Mum to kids)
兩人正在講話, 要插話時說…
I hope I’m not interrupting.
表示自己作的菜隨便作作的
It’s just something I threw together.
鄰居無預警來訪,但不方便他進來時說…
I’d invite you in, but I was sort of in the middle of something.
一直被某人命令這命令那時說…
You can’t order me around like I’m a child!
頭像
chiron
YOYO member
文章: 520
註冊時間: 週三 10月 03, 2007 4:23 pm

文章 chiron »

Hello, Tim: I believe this is what you need. ^_^
Please call me Na'vi!
頭像
Kat C
文章: 377
註冊時間: 週三 9月 08, 2010 10:31 am

文章 Kat C »

Chiron write:

------------

Hi Na'vi,

Here "the ranch looked just a little bit suspect" means the ranch dressing didn't look good anymore. It looked too old, or kind of yucky, or looked like it could make people sick. Used elsewhere, this expression can mean looking "weird" or "suspicious".

Kat
回覆文章