Michael-liu
YOYO member
文章: 708
註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: YOYO-ISG 100926 Transcribing NPR Hourly News Summary

文章 Michael-liu »

Kooper 寫:
janet12tw 寫:2:26~2:52
Colorado Fire Official after mostly mopping up the large wild fire that destroyed 166 homes there are now working to contain a new wild fire that appears to destroy at least 2 homes. Agent Bill now sit in the incident commander for the mayer xx sheriff office (xxx(人名) announced as the incident commander for the xxx(地名) county sheriff office)(?). There is some glass but most of them(there?) right now is in fairly heavy temper(?), very steep and very rocky. Fire crews are hoping to drop more fire retardant on that fire. Authoritry believes the larger border fire was mostly likely to be sparked by a fire pit that was improperly extinguished.
Here is my revision in blue.
Kooper and Janet

there is some "grass" ( this is just my guess, cuz i dont see how "glass" can fit here. What do you guys think? )

fairly heavy "timber" ? ( 木材, also my guess, i am not sure )

very steep and very rocky => 在這裡是什麼意思呢? 是指什麼呢?

Michael
Sherry Liao
YOYO member
文章: 1486
註冊時間: 週五 12月 07, 2007 12:15 pm

文章 Sherry Liao »

Michael-liu 寫:
Kooper 寫:
janet12tw 寫:2:26~2:52
Colorado Fire Official after mostly mopping up the large wild fire that destroyed 166 homes there are now working to contain a new wild fire that appears to destroy at least 2 homes. Agent Bill now sit in the incident commander for the mayer xx sheriff office (xxx(人名) announced as the incident commander for the xxx(地名) county sheriff office)(?). There is some glass but most of them(there?) right now is in fairly heavy temper(?), very steep and very rocky. Fire crews are hoping to drop more fire retardant on that fire. Authoritry believes the larger border fire was mostly likely to be sparked by a fire pit that was improperly extinguished.
Here is my revision in blue.
Kooper and Janet

there is some "grass" ( this is just my guess, cuz i dont see how "glass" can fit here. What do you guys think? )

fairly heavy "timber" ? ( 木材, also my guess, i am not sure )

very steep and very rocky => 在這裡是什麼意思呢? 是指什麼呢?

Michael
I'd also like to give it a try, but I have problem downloading the whole file. (Can just download the first half.) Can anyone send me the audio file by email?
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2728
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Sherry,

I sent you the file just now.

Mike,

You're right. It should be grass. I think he was describing the terrain of the region having a new wildfire. That's why he said it's very steep and rocky and mentioned something about grass. But, it's just my wild guess.
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2728
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Just found a piece of CNN news covering it: http://articles.cnn.com/2010-09-13/us/c ... e?_s=PM:US

After reading the CNN article, I'd like to revise the two sentences as following:

1. Maj. Bill Nelson as the incident commander for the Larimer County Sheriff's Office
2. There's some grass, but most of the area right now is very heavily timbered, very steep and very rocky.
回覆文章