ISG 111126 - What makes you want to see that movie? (Kat)

回覆文章
頭像
Kat C
文章: 377
註冊時間: 週三 9月 08, 2010 10:31 am

ISG 111126 - What makes you want to see that movie? (Kat)

文章 Kat C »

What makes you want to see that movie? - A winning trailer

For our next discussion, I'd like to try something really fun! With millions of dollars at stake, studios have to find ways to sell their movies – often in as short as 2 minutes! We're talking about trailers. Those endless movie "commercials" before the one we want to see finally comes on. What kind of trailer will attract us to the actual movie? Let's check out a few and pick a winner!

I perused the Apple Trailers selection and picked from 5 relatively “serious” movies – well, action and horror films, as well as comedies, are pretty easy to sell. If a trailer can get us to see a movie that's not the usual blockbuster material, it must be doing something right!

Watch the following and we'll analyze the format, language, and “hooks” these trailers employ.

The Descendants
Answers to Nothing
Footnote
Being Flynn
Corman's World
I Melt With You

Click on the posters for the trailers (if there is more than one for the movie, watch the "Trailer").

圖檔 圖檔 圖檔 圖檔圖檔圖檔

An early Happy Thanksgiving to all and see you on the 26th!

Kat
最後由 Kat C 於 週三 11月 23, 2011 12:38 am 編輯,總共編輯了 4 次。
頭像
Kat C

Re: ISG 111126 - What makes you want to see that movie? (Kat)

文章 Kat C »

圖檔

I've come up with the following winning categories for us judges to consider: :ssmile:

1. The Best Overall (interest, effects, editing. I can watch this trailer over and over!)

2. The Most Enticing (I would NEVER see that movie if I didn't see its trailer)

3. The Biggest Spoiler (I don't think I need to see the movie now that I KNOW everything!)

4. The Most Moving (I really FEEL the characters)

5. The Worst! (Now I've seen the trailer, I REALLY don't want to see the movie!) :lol:

You may nominate your winners here prior to the meeting. The same movie can be nominated for more than one category. I'll post mine soon! :mrgreen: The final votes will be tallied at the meeting. Join us!
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Here are my winners:

1. The Best Overall : Answers to nothing
The trailer itself is like a movie. I especially like the part where the female singer was singing. The moment when the song starts after a shooting created a dramatic turn and led to a climax.

2. The Most Enticing: Footnote
It struck me as very intriguing. The editing also fits the theme of the movie very well - humorous and light-hearted.

3. The Biggest Spoiler: Descendants
I can tell what the plot is most likely about. It is my impression that George Clooney isn't very good at depicting a character in depth and the trailer didn't surprise me.

4. The Most Moving: Being Flynn
Robert De NiRo is a marvelous actor and I felt the strength of the character simply by watching the trailer. It is a pity that the actor who play Robert's son doesn't seem to do as well as Robert. After all, the movie is about a father and a son. The movie won't reach a balance if one character apparently eclipses the other.

5. The Worst!:
Corman’s world: Well, I don't know any of the movie maker's movies and thus have no interest in him.
I melt with you: The first half when all four men were having a lot of fun is neither interesting nor convincing to me. As for the 2nd half, I was totally lost.
頭像
Kat C

文章 Kat C »

Just to be sure, when exactly does the meeting start (Taipei Time)? :mrgreen:

Kat
頭像
chiron
YOYO member
文章: 520
註冊時間: 週三 10月 03, 2007 4:23 pm

文章 chiron »

Kat C 寫:Just to be sure, when exactly does the meeting start (Taipei Time)? :mrgreen:

Kat
Well, it starts at 8:00 Taipei time, so you may calculate correct local time yourself. CU :D
Please call me Na'vi!
頭像
chiron
YOYO member

文章 chiron »

Here are my answer

1. The Best Overall: I Melt with You

2. The Most Enticing: Footnote

3. The Biggest Spoiler: The Descendants or Answer to Nothing (both are predictable)

4. The Most Moving: Being Flynn

5. The Worst! Corman's World

You may nominate your winners here prior to the meeting. The same movie can be nominated for more than one category. I'll post mine soon! :mrgreen: The final votes will be tallied at the meeting. Join us![/quote]
Please call me Na'vi!
頭像
chiron
YOYO member

文章 chiron »

No conflict, no trailer (or movie)! --> my conclusion to all these trailers
Please call me Na'vi!
回覆文章