回覆文章
頭像
wenhan1122
Vice President
文章: 175
註冊時間: 週三 8月 20, 2008 3:29 pm

A leisure afternoon in Washington Square

文章 wenhan1122 »

I saw a movie, pride and glory, last Sat. This movie was ok but it reminds me the New York City. For me, NYC is always my all time favorite city for her diversified atmosphere. Many of my old friends who had studied in NYC arranged to visited this city again years later after their graduations. There are indeed many dangerous neighborhoods in upper Manhattan and Bronx, but I have never been there and it never bothers me to stay in secure neighborhoods only to enjoy the fun in this city.

I managed to visit NYC again in Oct. 2005 when I worked in Chicago. I grabbed some pictures, as attached here, but they are not in best quality yet since I haven't got a chance to print the pictures in darkroom. They were scanned by film.

Washington Square is an open space for public with NYU being surrounding. I enjoyed many on-street shows there.

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔
The real peace is not merely the absence of warfare, but the presence of justice
頭像
toshi
YOYO member
文章: 1383
註冊時間: 週日 7月 27, 2008 8:26 pm
聯繫:

Re: A leisure afternoon in Washington Square

文章 toshi »

As I said before, your photos are really so great!
I had no experience in taking portrait at all.
Really hope I can learn some skill from you! ^_^

By the way, would you please suggest me any books?
Thank you! :)
隨你所喜
或酒、或詩、或是喜!
頭像
wenhan1122
Vice President

文章 wenhan1122 »

toshi 寫:As I said before, your photos are really so great!
I had no experience in taking portrait at all.
Really hope I can learn some skill from you! ^_^

By the way, would you please suggest me any books?
Thank you! :)
Hi Toshi,

Thanks for your compliment. I'm still learning the photography like you....I'm not sure if I'm qualified to offer any advices, but I'd try..

My photography teacher ever told us, to learn the photography, an essence is to know how to appreciate the images. By appreciating the image, you sense the life of the picture and thus it changes your mind-set. Some good ways to learn photography are watching the movies, listening the music and reading books. They are actually all connected.

One of my favorite photographers is Salgado http://artbooks.the-artists.org/r-1000/ ... fault.aspx. You can find many photo albums displayed on the 4th floor of Eslite Hsin-Yi bookstore and you can easily read them for free. Lately 蕭國坤's photo works impressed me. His books are also on the shelf.
The real peace is not merely the absence of warfare, but the presence of justice
Sherry Liao
YOYO member
文章: 1483
註冊時間: 週五 12月 07, 2007 12:15 pm

文章 Sherry Liao »

The pictures look great. The third one looks like a cluster of bikers or hippies.

I wonder why they call New York "Big Apple". Is it sweet and juicy? :?
頭像
toshi
YOYO member
文章: 1383
註冊時間: 週日 7月 27, 2008 8:26 pm
聯繫:

文章 toshi »

wenhan1122 寫: Hi Toshi,

Thanks for your compliment. I'm still learning the photography like you....I'm not sure if I'm qualified to offer any advices, but I'd try..

My photography teacher ever told us, to learn the photography, an essence is to know how to appreciate the images. By appreciating the image, you sense the life of the picture and thus it changes your mind-set. Some good ways to learn photography are watching the movies, listening the music and reading books. They are actually all connected.

One of my favorite photographers is Salgado http://artbooks.the-artists.org/r-1000/ ... fault.aspx. You can find many photo albums displayed on the 4th floor of Eslite Hsin-Yi bookstore and you can easily read them for free. Lately 蕭國坤's photo works impressed me. His books are also on the shelf.
Thank you so much for your information! ^_^

My favorite photographer is Ansel Adams.
Here you can see some of his nice pictures.
http://www.anseladams.com/index.asp?Pag ... Category=9

I agree with your teacher's point of view.
I think all these are connected including movie, photography, art, music, culture, nature, architecture, etc.
Now I know what I shall learn. ^_^
Thank you!
隨你所喜
或酒、或詩、或是喜!
頭像
wenhan1122
Vice President

文章 wenhan1122 »

Sherry Liao 寫:The pictures look great. The third one looks like a cluster of bikers or hippies.

I wonder why they call New York "Big Apple". Is it sweet and juicy? :?
Sherry,

Actually if you search this question via google, you can find some specific pages covering the links to answer this question,
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=wh ... y+new+york

One of the common answers is that "big apple" was initially named by Jazz musicians.

Enjoy!
回覆文章