ISG is coming to an end

回覆文章
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

ISG is coming to an end

文章 Kooper »

After two years of learning and practicing English through ISG, I am having a strong feeling that the moment has come – the moment to put an end to it and move on.

Two years is not a short time. I feel proud of what we have achieved together. When we started ISG, I had no idea how difficult it would be to attend a meeting at seven o’clock Sunday morning, half asleep, and do assignments beforehand on a weekly basis. It is so demanding that very few people persist to the last moment.

Thankfully, all the hard work has paid off. I’ve improved my English capabilities a great deal, so have other ISG participants.

During the two years’ time, many people participated in ISG in their own ways, from attending the meetings, doing assignments, to answering questions or joining discussions on the forum. Here is a list of their names.

JJ, Sherry Liao, Rock, Ivy Yang, Janet, Navi, Kat, Jackson, Gavin, Angel Lin, Cindy, Michael Liu, Luis, Wayne Ni, Stephen Chiu, Christine Wang, Timothy, Sean, and Dylan.

Hopefully I am not leaving anyone out. I would like to express my gratitude to all of you. It is your efforts and time into ISG that make it a great group and that make the meetings always productive and pleasant.

I especially would like to thank Kat. Without you, ISG would have stopped half a year ago. You are a great motivator and English teacher. I’ve learned a lot from you. Thank you!

Kooper
最後由 Kooper 於 週五 4月 01, 2011 10:32 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 2 次。
頭像
Iverson
YOYO member
文章: 164
註冊時間: 週四 1月 15, 2009 11:25 am

Re: ISG is coming to an end

文章 Iverson »

I hate to say this but,
All good things come to an end!
Long Live Yoyo!
頭像
Kat C
文章: 377
註冊時間: 週三 9月 08, 2010 10:31 am

文章 Kat C »

Dear Kooper,

I'm so sorry to hear that ISG is to end, and wish I had become a part of it much sooner! You've done such an exceptional job with it.

Through the whole experience I've learned a great deal myself. You have all been delightful and a joy to be with.

Thank you for your hard work, good humor, and high spirit. I hope you'll start another venture in ISG's place soon. YOYO is so much more effective with you around.

Best,
Kat
Michael-liu
YOYO member
文章: 708
註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

文章 Michael-liu »

Dear Kooper

I am sad to know ISG is coming to an end. I have passion for learning English, but laziness is my middle name. Thus, doing the assignments in ISG has been a good incentive to push myself to make prograss. I did learn a lot, particualrly in NPR News transcription. It is really helpful in enhancing listening comprehension.

It must have been very time-consuming for you to prepare the assignments for us. Thank you very much for your efforts

I am wondering if Kat could continue to give us assignments from time to time.

Michael
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Dear Iverson, Kat, and Michael,

Thanks for your warm feedback. Yes, all good things come to an end, but I'd rather put it this way: The end of an era also marks the start of another one. I hope I will not waste the extra time I got by ending ISG and fill it with something meaningful. Anyway I will still play an active role in YOYO. :ssmile:

Kooper
頭像
Arthur
YOYO member
文章: 469
註冊時間: 週一 8月 25, 2003 9:15 am
來自: Taipei
聯繫:

文章 Arthur »

It is just a break( not an end)... We will come back.. Ha ha..
===========
厚積而薄發!
===========
回覆文章