回覆文章
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 894
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

2015 - 社務改進提案

文章 Iris Wu »

Dear YoYo Members:

YoYo 這個大家庭,因為有各位的積極參與及付出,才有今天的成果。為了更加提升在質與量方面的素質, 希望大家能提供意見,共同交流,使我們的YoYo更加充實茁壯, 衷心地感謝各位參予和支持 !

目前我們有幾個方案 :
1. 製作 “YoYo 簡介” video: 讓大家對過去和現在的YoYo有一個快速的認識 和了解。
2. 實施 輕鬆有趣的 “Mentorship System”:  讓每位成員有歸屬感。
3. 尋找適當的管道來 promote YoYo: For example, in Meetup and VoiceTube Study
4.  Meeting品質方面可提供:
  • a. Host 講稿範例
    b. 討論題材資料庫
    c. 邀請Native Speakers 参予討論或簡短的workshops 
    d. 設計輕鬆友 善的 Mentor 家族競賽
    e. 可利用每次聚會的前十五分鐘的 “等待期”: 做些 ESL warm-up activities
我們很需要大家的constructive inputs,支持和協助:
  • 1. 需要一個團隊來共同協助製作 "YoYo 簡介" : 志願者請與Jessica/Shirley 連絡!
    2. 若有任何 promote YoYo或提供Native Speakers 的意見及管道,請不吝指導。我們可善用團費來提供更好的學習機會。
    3. 請多利用 『討論題材資料庫』: 若想到什麼值得討論的題材, 請隨時加入討論題材智庫』
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rQFWY ... authuser=0
    4. 當 你輪到當 Host 的時候, 可參考Host 講稿範例:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZCawW ... authuser=0
再次謝謝各位的共同參與!

Notes:
I am grateful to have the assistance from Jody Chang and Shirley Shu and a few ex-presidents and members who provided me with a lot of experience and information in the past two weeks to help me outline above ideas and overcome my frustration when I did not see “the light at the end of the tunnel”. Just want to thank all the folks who have helped me!!!

[English version]
Dear YoYo Members:
YoYo has been like a big family and it can stand where we are today because of your active participation and contribution.
To keep improving our quantity and quality, we'd like to share with you some of our proposals and we sincerely hope to get your ideas, feedback and constructive suggestions, and mostly your enthusiastic support and involvement !
All in all, we'd like to have a happy YoYo family where we enjoy our gatherings and learning. We'd like to see YoYo sustain and continue to grow. Your participation, inputs and support is very much appreciated!!!
A few proposals we have been thinking and planning are:
1. Produce a “YoYo Introduction and Review” (“Film” like video): For people who are interested to know more about YoYo, they can grasp the entire picture of YoYo quickly.
2. Implement “Mentorship System”: To let members, especially new ones, feel sense of belonging, or feel connected and accepted in this community.
3. Find suitable channels to promote YoYo: For example, in MEETUP and VoiceTube's Study Group, etc.
4. For Meeting Quality:
  • a) Provide “Host Speech Template”: to help hosts in preparing speech in the meeting.
    b) Establish a “Referencing Database” to hold potential meeting discussion topics
    c) Invite Native Speakers to the meeting discussion or hold brief workshops periodically
    d) Have fun and friendly competitions between Mentor families
    e) Utilize the first 15 minutes (“waiting period) of each meeting by playing some ESL activities or games
We are in the need to have your support and assistance:
1. Creative thinking and cooperative efforts to create the “YoYo Introduction and Review”: Any volunteers? Please contact Shirley/Jessica.

2. If you know of any connections to invite Native Speakers or any better channels to promote YoYo club, please let us know. We can utilize the club funding to provide good learning opportunities.

3. Please take advantage of “Meeting Topics Reference Database” when needed and contribute to it whenever you see any good subjects which is worth to discuss in the meetings.
The file is open for everyone to edit: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rQFWY ... authuser=0

4. You can reference the “Host Speech Template” when hosting:

Once again, I genuinely appreciate your support and participation!

Iris
最後由 Iris Wu 於 週二 6月 23, 2015 2:31 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 2 次。
頭像
Laura
YOYO member
文章: 351
註冊時間: 週二 12月 16, 2003 10:28 am

Re: 2015 - 社務改進提案

文章 Laura »

Iris Wu 寫:Dear YoYo Members:

YoYo 這個大家庭,因為有各位的積極參與及付出,才有今天的成果。為了更加提升在質與量方面的素質, 希望大家能提供意見,共同交流,使我們的YoYo更加充實茁壯, 衷心地感謝各位參予和支持 !

目前我們有幾個方案 :
4.  Meeting品質方面可提供:
  • a. Host 講稿範例
    b. 討論題材資料庫
    d. 設計輕鬆友 善的 Mentor 家族競賽
再次謝謝各位的共同參與!

Notes:
I am grateful to have the assistance from Jody Chang and Shirley Shu and a few ex-presidents and members who provided me with a lot of experience and information in the past two weeks to help me outline above ideas and overcome my frustration when I did not see “the light at the end of the tunnel”. Just want to thank all the folks who have helped me!!!

[English version]
Dear YoYo Members:
YoYo has been like a big family and it can stand where we are today because of your active participation and contribution.
To keep improving our quantity and quality, we'd like to share with you some of our proposals and we sincerely hope to get your ideas, feedback and constructive suggestions, and mostly your enthusiastic support and involvement !
All in all, we'd like to have a happy YoYo family where we enjoy our gatherings and learning. We'd like to see YoYo sustain and continue to grow. Your participation, inputs and support is very much appreciated!!!
1. Produce a “YoYo Introduction and Review” (“Film” like video): For people who are interested to know more about YoYo, they can grasp the entire picture of YoYo quickly.
2. Implement “Mentorship System”: To let members, especially new ones, feel sense of belonging, or feel connected and accepted in this community.
3. Find suitable channels to promote YoYo: For example, in MEETUP and VoiceTube's Study Group, etc.
4. For Meeting Quality:
  • a) Provide “Host Speech Template”: to help hosts in preparing speech in the meeting.
    b) Establish a “Referencing Database” to hold potential meeting discussion topics
    c) Invite Native Speakers to the meeting discussion or hold brief workshops periodically
    e) Utilize the first 15 minutes (“waiting period) of each meeting by playing some ESL activities or games
1. Creative thinking and cooperative efforts to create the “YoYo Introduction and Review”: Any volunteers? Please contact Shirley/Jessica.

2. If you know of any connections to invite Native Speakers or any better channels to promote YoYo club, please let us know. We can utilize the club funding to provide good learning opportunities.

3. Please take advantage of “Meeting Topics Reference Database” when needed and contribute to it whenever you see any good subjects which is worth to discuss in the meetings.
The file is open for everyone to edit: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZCawW ... authuser=0

Iris

YoYo leader/ Iris,

Your leadership for YoYo english club is good enough,
our club SEO of website is top 3 mostly.

my humble opinion:

* Members need to join more meetings including myself. :oops:

* Attract more people join meetings to be new members, :ssmile:
a lot of existent members are inactive whom they might be burdened for family、education 、work ... etc.

My idea, we can consider to adopt the powerful Youtube to promote YoYo english club, and it is free.

Accurately, your performance for this NPO is really excellent ! :yes:
The best teacher is child,
the worst mistake for one is to abandon oneself,
the greatest treasure in the world is love!
Iris Wu
YOYO member

文章 Iris Wu »

Thanks for the inputs, Laura!
Right, that is definitely one way to promote YoYo. We will produce something to present YoYo, then find the right channels to promote it. YouTube is for sure a good channel!
In the meantime, we need to have the quality to attract new blood and keep them in the group.
"It takes a village" to get things done. So once we set the direction, we will move on soon.
頭像
Arthur
YOYO member
文章: 469
註冊時間: 週一 8月 25, 2003 9:15 am
來自: Taipei
聯繫:

文章 Arthur »

Thank Iris and stacy

BTW, I think Having Native speaker for gathering is good idea and advantage . I recommand it strongly...XD GO GO GO
Laura 寫:
Iris Wu 寫:Dear YoYo Members:

目前我們有幾個方案 :
4.  Meeting品質方面可提供:
  • a. Host 講稿範例
    b. 討論題材資料庫
    d. 設計輕鬆友 善的 Mentor 家族競賽
再次謝謝各位的共同參與!

Notes:

[English version]
Dear YoYo Members:
4. For Meeting Quality:

The file is open for everyone to edit: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZCawW ... authuser=0

Iris

YoYo leader/ Iris,

Your leadership for YoYo english club is good enough,
our club SEO of website is top 3 mostly.

my humble opinion:

* Members need to join more meetings including myself. :oops:

* Attract more people join meetings to be new members, :ssmile:
a lot of existent members are inactive whom they might be burdened for family、education 、work ... etc.

My idea, we can consider to adopt the powerful Youtube to promote YoYo english club, and it is free.

Accurately, your performance for this NPO is really excellent ! :yes:
===========
厚積而薄發!
===========
Iris Wu
YOYO member

文章 Iris Wu »

Dear All:

在幾個方案上.我們有一些進展:
1. Establish “Mentor Teams”: headed by Kooper
  • 4 Teams to start with
    Mentors/Team Leads: Kooper, Tina, Rock and Michael
    Teams and Game Rules: will be announced shortly by Kooper and his team.
2. Form “Promotion Team”: headed by Joseph
  • Design new YoYo Home Page with modern look and feel
    Decide the promotion activities and channels
    Create Promotion contents (a short film of “YoYo Introduction” that can be used in promotion channels): Jessica/Toshi and more to be involved.
    Notes: A beta version of YoYo Home Page was created by Joseph: http://yoyoenglish.blogspot.tw/?m=1
    He will post it in FB and LINE group and solicit your inputs.
3. Establish the “Hosting” and “Proofreading” functions (會議主持及校對) : Iris and monthly host leaders and proofreaders
  • The details will be arranged between monthly host leaders, hosts and proofreaders.
4. Invite Native/Guest Speakers: work in progress by Stacy

5. Discussion Topic Repository (討論題材資料庫): Rock will manage the Repository and promote the usage.

This is just very high level. More will be involved and again thanks for your inputs and support!
頭像
Laura
YOYO member
文章: 351
註冊時間: 週二 12月 16, 2003 10:28 am

文章 Laura »

Iris Wu 寫:Dear All:

在幾個方案上.我們有一些進展:
  • 4 Teams to start with
    Create Promotion contents (a short film of “YoYo Introduction” that can be used in promotion channels): Jessica/Toshi and more to be involved.
    Notes: A beta version of YoYo Home Page was created by Joseph: http://yoyoenglish.blogspot.tw/?m=1
3. Establish the “Hosting” and “Proofreading” functions (會議主持及校對) : Iris and monthly host leaders and proofreaders
  • The details will be arranged between monthly host leaders, hosts and proofreaders.

5. Discussion Topic Repository (討論題材資料庫): Rock will manage the Repository and promote the usage.

This is just very high level. More will be involved and again thanks for your inputs and support!

Quietly brilliant (adopted another slogan). :twisted:

How strong team we have! :D

Go go go , YoYo English club. :sun:
The best teacher is child,
the worst mistake for one is to abandon oneself,
the greatest treasure in the world is love!
頭像
Arthur
YOYO member
文章: 469
註冊時間: 週一 8月 25, 2003 9:15 am
來自: Taipei
聯繫:

文章 Arthur »

Wonderful.. Yoyo will be better and better.. Go!Go!Go!

在幾個方案上.我們有一些進展:
  • 4 Teams to start with

===========
厚積而薄發!
===========
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

在幾個方案上.我們有一些進展:
  • 4 Teams to start with
Dear YoYo members,

Apologies for not moving fast in setting up the mentorship system. We have put new members since 2014 into four mentor groups. Here are the list of the four teams:

Rock’s team:
Abbey Chang, Bryan Cheng, Lawrence Cheng, Blithe Ou, Catherine Wang, Leo Chang, Tashi Shen, Dan Liu

Michael’s team:
Ronald Chen, Musha Tzeng, Shirley Hsu, Emily Yang, Allen Feng, Aenbie Huang, May Lin, Robert Wang

Tina’s team:
Ryan Hsu, Roger Hung, Ting Chuang, Kevin Yang, Irene Chao, Kenny Shen, Amy Chen, Bella Hsiao, Denise Wang, Claire Chen

Kooper’s team:
Cindy Chang, Ivy Lin, Timothy Wu, Sherry Lin, Jessica Chang, Ken Chen, Ravina Liu, Jody Chang, James Chen, Howard Wu

The mentorship system is targeted to bring new members a stronger sense of belonging to our club. It’s up to every mentor’s creativity to figure out what encourage new members’ engagement with YoYo the most. Eventually I believe every group will develop its own culture and forms of gatherings.

BTW, we might give each team a name and use the term FAMILY instead of MENTOR. I assume it will make people feel more engaged. :ssmile:
最後由 Kooper 於 週四 9月 03, 2015 9:16 am 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

Oops! I mistook Aenbie for Abbey. May I have Abbey in my family team? She comes with Catherine often so we would have less trouble getting together. BTW, I know that I'm getting forgetful, but, who is Aenbie? :shock:
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Rock 寫:Oops! I mistook Aenbie for Abbey. May I have Abbey in my family team? She comes with Catherine often so we would have less trouble getting together. BTW, I know that I'm getting forgetful, but, who is Aenbie? :shock:
Sure Rock. I've switched Abbey with Aenbie.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

Wow! You are quick, boss Kooper.
Iris Wu
YOYO member

文章 Iris Wu »

Thanks, Kooper, Michael, Rock and Tina, for taking the "Mentor/Team Lead" role and reaching out to our new members!
It looks like each team has already started their "team building" process. We hope these "family activities" make new members feel more like home.

As for inviting Native Speakers to the meeting, this year we are so lucky to have Kat and Lydia for such a long period of time, they held two times of Boot Camp, numerous "Error Correction" sessions after each meeting. In addition, we had James Miller on 8/18, and we are going to have Erisa (Kat's writer friend) coming on Tuesday, 9/8 for a special session. Sharon Fan (the session got cancelled due to typhoon Soudelar) is in the pipeline to be scheduled in late September or early October.

Promotion side, Joseph has taken the lead on this and we started to see the results. Some new comers said they saw the ads on VoiceTube, and many new "fans" requested to join our FB group, hope some of them can join our physical meetings and become members.
In addition to the online ads, thank Jessica and Joseph for designing the business cards. If anyone knows any good occassion to pass along our business cards, please contact me (Iris). Thanks!
回覆文章