A trial of host system change this year

回覆文章
tashi
文章: 148
註冊時間: 週二 11月 03, 2015 11:07 pm

A trial of host system change this year

文章 tashi »

Dear YOYOers :) ,

As we know, in the past, we have host leaders to help inviting hosts for each meeting. But I think maybe we could make the host system more flexible, because I feel our members are quite active to go this way.

For the following link, there are two points:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

1. A soft reminder for the hosts in Feb to prepare your topics in advance. If possible, for meeting quality, please post the article on forum 1 week before the meeting date.

2. I want to have a trial to change a way to find the host.

a. Let you decide if you are interested and available to be a host

When you find a date suitable for you to take the host task, sign your name and on the date that you are available. About topics you could also fill in corresponding field in far advance so other hosts could have a reference.
Of course, if suddenly you find that you are too busy to make it on that date, just find someone to help you, and please let me (Tashi)/Tom know in advance.

b. Let you feel free to contribute topics

If you are interested in some topics, but you are not going to take the host task, that's also fine. Just get the topic well prepared by yourself and next we can run in either
1. You find a suitable timing to be the host.
2. find someone to take the host for you.
3. mail to Tashi/Tom and indicate a recommending date to run.
4. Assign Tashi to be the host. Haha…

Please do not hesitate to advise any idea to us. Let us run it together and across the new divide!!

Best Regards,
Tashi Shen
Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 970
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: A trial of host system change this year

文章 Luis Ko »

volunteers wanted~ just feel free to sign your name on the schedule sheet.. :mrgreen:
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2161
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

Jump. :lol:
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

To Kooper
If you don't jump, they will push you anyway. So you better jump yourself. :lol:
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Rock 寫:To Kooper
If you don't jump, they will push you anyway. So you better jump yourself. :lol:
That's probably true. :shock:

I have no idea how the new system will pan out. Is it a long shot or does it mark the start of a new era of YoYo?
Speculation aside, this is a brave attempt. Let me show my wholehearted support by jumping on the bandwagon and hosting one of the Tuesday meetings in March. :D
最後由 Kooper 於 週日 3月 27, 2016 3:48 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

It's almost March but there aren't enough volunteer hosts for March. Is there a plan B?
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Hi, Tom. This hosting system is good; it works here in Yoyo. All you need is a push.

First, don’t worry there is no one to host. We have a very deep bench full of veterans. They are always willing and ready to host. The reason why they haven't signed up yet, or only signed up once, is because of their modesty. Just tell them that you need them, and they will be your host at anytime.

Second, give the new people a clear idea. I remember when I was a rookie here, I didn't know when is my turn to be the host until someone told me. As a president, I think you can clearly tell the new ones that the 5th or 8th meeting after they join us is their hosting. Who knows? Maybe some of them even look forwards to it?

Third, fill in the blanks on the hosting list as soon as possible. We appreciate your efforts for doing so many things for Yoyo. You are doing a great job! Don't worry about the hosting list and just do it. The problem will be solved like a piece of cake.

どうもありがとうございました~again :lol:
最後由 Rock 於 週日 3月 06, 2016 1:18 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Hi, Tashi. May I take the hosting of 3/19 (Sat.)? Life is boring and the boredom is killing me. :shock:
頭像
Laura
YOYO member
文章: 351
註冊時間: 週二 12月 16, 2003 10:28 am

文章 Laura »

Rock 寫:Hi, Tashi. May I take the hosting of 3/19 (Sat.)? Life is boring and the boredom is killing me. :shock:

Celebrities are getting in on the act ,

expecting you jump into the "sea" lah ! :ssmile:
The best teacher is child,
the worst mistake for one is to abandon oneself,
the greatest treasure in the world is love!
Tom Lee
YOYO member
文章: 51
註冊時間: 週三 10月 30, 2013 8:51 pm

文章 Tom Lee »

Thanks Rock. Really supportive suggestion.
頭像
Laura
YOYO member
文章: 351
註冊時間: 週二 12月 16, 2003 10:28 am

文章 Laura »

Laura 寫:
Rock 寫:Hi, Tashi. May I take the hosting of 3/19 (Sat.)? Life is boring and the boredom is killing me. :shock:

Celebrities are getting in on the act ,

expecting you jump into the "sea" lah ! :ssmile:

Sorry, I was only jokking what I mean :

jump into a "pool of host".
最後由 Laura 於 週六 3月 19, 2016 6:22 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。
The best teacher is child,
the worst mistake for one is to abandon oneself,
the greatest treasure in the world is love!
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

No problem. :D
回覆文章