1/21(Sat.) Travel sharing & Further discussion (Host:Ketty)

回覆文章
Ketty
YOYO member
文章: 5
註冊時間: 週日 1月 15, 2017 11:21 pm

1/21(Sat.) Travel sharing & Further discussion (Host:Ketty)

文章 Ketty »

Hi all,

Today's meeting runs a little bit differently. please note that meeting place is not the regular one.

Session I
In this part, I'm going to brief the travel experience with history, geography, cuisine , attractions and something interesting I found for Germany.
During the sharing, if anyone has any questions, just open your mouth to interrupt me anytime, I'll be glad to answer them. :D

Session II
To extend my sharing, I'm also interested in participants' travel experiences. please prepare the following questions in advance and discuss with your group members.

Questions for Discussion:
1. What’s your most unforgettable travel experience? (Attending a big event,Viewing astonishing scenery,Experiencing extreme sport,etc.)

2. Have you encountered something unexpected disturbing your travel plan? Especially for unfortunate part. (Missed flight/passport,Had money stolen, etc.)
How did you work out? And what's your lesson learned?

3. What kind of way do you prefer to record your travel memories? (Blogging , Videoing, Collecting magnets, Sending postcards back to Taiwan, etc.)

4. A Chinese proverb says "it is better to travel ten thousand miles than to read ten thousand books" but someone said "Travel makes a wise man better, but a fool worse".Do you think there's a correlation between two sayings? Or these are totally different thoughts?

Agenda:
4:00 ~ 4:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction
(Session I)
4:10 ~ 4:50pm Travel Sharing (40 mins)
4:50 ~ 5:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
5:10 ~ 5:15pm Grouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
5:15 ~ 5:55pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
6:00 ~ 6:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
6:20 ~ 6:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements
聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
聚會時間:請準時 4:00 pm 到 ~ 約 6:30 pm 左右結束
星期六聚會地點:不鳥穀共同工作空間(延平分店)
地址:台北市中正區延平南路61號7樓之3
捷運站:板南線 西門站 5 號出口
走法:出西門站 5 號出口後,沿著中華路一段走到武昌街一段再右轉,到了延平南路後,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
場地費:每人100元
自備飲料或食物

注意事項:
1. 文章是否需要列印請自行斟酌,但與會者請務必自行列印 Questions for discussion。
2. 與會者請先閱讀過文章,並仔細想過所有的問題,謝謝合作!

給新朋友的話:
1. 請事先準備2~3分鐘的英語自我介紹;會議結束前可能會請你發表1~2分鐘的感想。
2. 請事先閱讀文章以及主持人所提的討論問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
3. 全程以英語進行,參加者應具備中等英語會話能力,對任一討論問題,能夠以5到10句英文表達個人見解。
4. 在正式加入之前,可以先來觀摩三次,觀摩者亦須參與討論。正式加入需繳交終身會費 NT$1,000。
最後由 Ketty 於 週六 1月 21, 2017 3:25 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 3 次。
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2161
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

Re: 1/21(Sat.) Travel sharing & Further disccustion (Host:Ke

文章 Rock »

Good to have a chance to know Germany more. It's a pity that our German friend was not with us now, or we could have more inside stories. (I forgot his name, sorry. Could anyone tell me what his name is?)

Personally, I'd like to know something about this:
圖檔
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Michael-liu
YOYO member
文章: 708
註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

文章 Michael-liu »

Our German friend's name is Bernd

The photo must be 黑森林. When Wendy and I travelled in Germany in 2015, we didn't visit this famous attraction. Maybe Ketty did, she will share it with us.
Ketty
YOYO member
文章: 5
註冊時間: 週日 1月 15, 2017 11:21 pm

文章 Ketty »

Hey Rock and Michael,
Black forest is one of my major sharing parts, I spent 2 days in there.
I prepare what you must do in black forest, please feel free to join us.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

Re: 1/21(Sat.) Travel sharing & Further discussion (Host:Ket

文章 Rock »

Let me guess, things must do in the black forest-- having a piece of the cake? :lol:
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
頭像
Gloria Lo
YOYO member
文章: 367
註冊時間: 週一 2月 04, 2008 7:51 am

文章 Gloria Lo »

Rock 寫:Let me guess, things must do in the black forest-- having a piece of the cake? :lol:
What about looking for a candy house with a witch? :?
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Dear Gloria, it's made of gingerbread.

圖檔
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

BTW, have you watched "Charlie the Unicorn" and followed them to the candy mountain?

Tom Lee
YOYO member
文章: 51
註冊時間: 週三 10月 30, 2013 8:51 pm

文章 Tom Lee »

Charlie...Charlie...Charlie... you drove me crazy...
頭像
Gloria Lo
YOYO member
文章: 367
註冊時間: 週一 2月 04, 2008 7:51 am

文章 Gloria Lo »

Charlie is a stupid unicorn. He talks like whom? Like Rock. :lol: :lol: :lol: (No offending)
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Before traveling to any new foreign destinies, it might be a good idea to check unique local cultures and social rules beforehand – the last thing we want is to break their code of conduct unwittingly and put ourselves behind the eight ball.

Here comes ten German culture do’s and don’ts. Some of the advice look sensible and helpful. Some others are obviously delivered from American viewpoints and don’t apply to us. The rest are simply hard to believe, such as clapping means disapproval in schools and wishing Germans an early birthday brings them bad luck. Are these pet peeves just too trivial or personalized to worry about? I don’t know. Since I haven’t been there yet, I will give the travel experts the benefit of the doubt for the time being.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Gloria Lo 寫:Charlie is a stupid unicorn. He talks like whom? Like Rock. :lol: :lol: :lol: (No offending)
No offence at all. Charlie is totally normal; his friends are the weird ones. But, I like his friends better. :lol: Did you check out the other 3 episodes? The songs are good, I assure you, even if you think the plots are silly. (and they ARE silly.)
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Many many thanks to Ketty for her amazing hosting. I wonder how many hours she had spent on the PPT-- it's so colorful and well organized. Really great job!!!

It's good for me to see many beautiful things of Germany in the meeting. I won't be able to go there in this life, though. They have my pension deducted, so the money left will be for the sickbed only when I have cancer in my aged retired life. Guess I will have nothing to share this coming Tuesday. :cry:
回覆文章