2/25 (Sat.) 1. Negative ion 2. Gender question (Host:Jason)

Jason Huang
YOYO member
文章: 26
註冊時間: 週四 1月 12, 2017 12:50 pm

2/25 (Sat.) 1. Negative ion 2. Gender question (Host:Jason)

文章 Jason Huang »

Session 1. Negative Ion

Negative Ions - How Do Neg Ions Influence Our Health?

The Benefits Of Negative Ions Anticancer

1. Some merchandises, like volcanic magnet necklaces, blowers, air conditioner, natural Salt lamps, which can produce negative ion, is it for real? Have you ever bought one? Like popular ionic hair dryer, Does it really work?
2. Does Acidic/Alkaline food has anything to do with +/- ion ? Do you believe it or not? What is the most common food of Acidic/Alaline?
3. Would you buy some related products after today’s meeting? How many more ways to live with more negative ions, like, take your shoes off, wet the ground & walk barefoot on it? Or you may think that is just a fake science which business men created for profit?

Session 2 Who Pays on a First Date?

Who Pays on a First Date?

1. What do you think about the speaker and audiences’ opinions?
2. What will/did you deal with the same question on your first date? 2nd , 3rd, etc..
3. In family cases, shall guys also need to pay major portion of expenses if they are “Double-income families”?

聚會時間:當天請準時於 4:00 pm 到達 ~ 約 6:30pm 左右結束
星期二聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 地圖 (02) 2740-2350
捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
走法:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
最低消費: 80 元

注意事項:
1. 與會者請自行列印 Questions for discussion。
2. 與會者請務必先看過演講影片,並仔細想過所有的問題,謝謝合作!

給新朋友的話:
1. 請事先準備 2~3 分鐘的英語自我介紹;會議結束前可能會請你發表 1~2 分鐘的感想。
2. 請事先閱讀文章以及主持人所提的討論問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
3. 全程以英語進行,參加者應具備中等英語會話能力,對任一討論問題,能夠以 5 到 10 句英文表達個人見解。
4. 在正式加入之前,可以先來觀摩三次,觀摩者亦須參與討論。正式加入需繳交終身會費 NT$1,000。
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

Re: 2/25 (Sat.) 1. Negative ion 2. Gender question (Host:Jas

文章 Rock »

The first topic is great-- not many people dare to use this kind of controversial topic. Good for you, Jason Jr.! We can share more about our opinions, in an open-minded way, of course.

Sometimes, it's not easy to tell a piece of science is "real" or "fake", so people debate about it. But, some ridiculous fake ones, to my surprise, can be so popular and even make big money. Like this: https://life.edu.tw/data/plan/091/H1300 ... 5/S1-1.htm and
https://life.edu.tw/data/plan/091/H6130 ... index.html
As you can see, this work of 江本勝 is on one of the pages of our Ministry of Education, and some teachers taught the kids to do stupid experiments. :lol: :cccry: :angry: :bigangry: :mrgreen:
https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%B1%9F ... C%E5%8B%9D
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Jason Huang
YOYO member

文章 Jason Huang »

Hey Rock, Thanks for your recognition and input.

The rice can still be fresh after two weeks without mold. That teacher no need to teach, he can get Nobel prize instantly.
The water crystal can be reformed after playing music, this one even more hilarious. This can be easily experimentally proved through a test instead of showing pic. Why did that doctor think ppl would fall for it?
I believe that science based on the assumption. But when scientific proven facts only comes partially, like soul or spirit, shall we give it away like trash or keep some level of faith or chance upon it. It might be truth someday.
As your last topic, fake it until you make it. When believe strong enough, something weird might actually become true.
Maybe that is the beauty of ambiguity.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Jason Huang 寫:...
I believe that science based on the assumption. But when scientific proven facts only comes partially, like soul or spirit, shall we give it away like trash or keep some level of faith or chance upon it. It might be truth someday.
As your last topic, fake it until you make it. When believe strong enough, something weird might actually become true.
Hey, Jason Jr., your writing and logic are excellent, totally upgraded this discussion to another level. You definitely should write more about anything here on this forum.

And what you mentioned is so true. The unknown is beyond our imagination. Given time and everything might be possible. However, I also believe that knowledge and common sense can uncover most of the mysteries, as long as we are not talking to a religious fundamentalist. :lol:
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
頭像
Laura
YOYO member
文章: 351
註冊時間: 週二 12月 16, 2003 10:28 am

文章 Laura »

Please check / confirm for meeting time ! :roll:
The best teacher is child,
the worst mistake for one is to abandon oneself,
the greatest treasure in the world is love!
Jason Huang
YOYO member

文章 Jason Huang »

Laura 寫:Please check / confirm for meeting time ! :roll:
Hi Laura, as far as I know, meeting time remains the same!
Welcome to join us!
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

It's Saturday. The meeting starts at 16:00. Please be notified.
Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 970
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

文章 Luis Ko »

i totally agree with the speaker. what he has said is exactly the idea what i always have in my mind, which i couldn't really concrete before watching it, not really even by now.. :drink:

by the way, his accent is also not bad ha~ 8)
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Luis Ko 寫:i totally agree with the speaker. what he has said is exactly the idea what i always have in my mind....
Hey, I didn't know you are that interested in negative ion. :lol:
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 894
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

文章 Iris Wu »

The first session is kind of "educational" to me, well, at least it helps to review some of the physics terms in English. :)

Nowadays too much "information" floating around, even a "solid theory (a result of scientifical experiment)" could be overturned by another completely opposite theory in just a couple years. So sometimes a piece of new "health advice", either for your physical body or like chicken soup for your soul, may sound bullet proof or beyond a shadow of a doubt initially, I still cast doubt or just give it the benefit of the doubt and then let it sink in naturally if it really fits your lifestyle.
Luis Ko
YOYO member

文章 Luis Ko »

Rock 寫:
Luis Ko 寫:i totally agree with the speaker. what he has said is exactly the idea what i always have in my mind....

of course not! i'm interested in girls.. XD

actually what i said is about session two la~
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
Luis Ko
YOYO member

文章 Luis Ko »

Iris Wu 寫:The first session is kind of "educational" to me, well, at least it helps to review some of the physics terms in English. :)

Nowadays too much "information" floating around, even a "solid theory (a result of scientifical experiment)" could be overturned by another completely opposite theory in just a couple years. So sometimes a piece of new "health advice", either for your physical body or like chicken soup for your soul, may sound bullet proof or beyond a shadow of a doubt initially, I still cast doubt or just give it the benefit of the doubt and then let it sink in naturally if it really fits your lifestyle.

even that a thing seems beyond a shadow of a doubt, Iris would still cast doubt on it.. mm, sounds a bit skeptical oh~ 8)
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Well, no offence to Jason. I am just trying to play devil's advocate and open a debate. :mrgreen:

I also feel refreshed and invigorated after entering a cool air-conditioned room from outside on a boiling hot summer day or a cozy heated room on a freezing cold winder day. Can I use that as proof of benefits of air conditioners to our health? :?

The first video clip is a bit questionable because it's obviously made by a company selling air cleaner products. When the adviser has a stake in the advice, it makes sense to take the contents with a grain of salt. The second video is also not completely reliable, for the speaker is more of a health enthusiast than a past master - though he did act as if he was an expert. A word of caution: what the speaker delivered was merely compiled second-hand health information or advice. They are error-prone or distortion-prone. It would be thoughtless to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Negative ion generators have been commercialized in a variety of forms. It shouldn't be difficult to do medical experiments on human bodies to prove its health benefits; after all it doesn't require any invasive surgical operations and doesn't arouse any moral controversy. If negative ion therapy is as miraculous as it is claimed, why has it only been applied to treatment of limited medical problems such as mild depression and seasonal affective disorder?

Anything healthy could become fatal if we overdo it. A case in point, binge drinking water in a short period of time can kill! Negative ions benefit us, if any, possibly because we've taken in or are exposed to excessive positive ions. I can't help but hold the belief that the ion itself, positive or negative, has neutral effects on us. It's just the imbalance of them that is killing us. So here is my two cents: Beneficial or not, do not overdose on negative ions. :ssmile:
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 894
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

文章 Iris Wu »

Luis Ko 寫:even that a thing seems beyond a shadow of a doubt, Iris would still cast doubt on it.. mm, sounds a bit skeptical oh~ 8)
Haha! Luis is either happy to catch the logical issues in my wording or happy to find that he is not the only skeptical person in YoYo! :)
Yeah, one of my friends once told me that I look like an agreeable person, but actually I process a lot of my stubbornness internally before settling down the real "agreement". Maybe he was right. :)

For the second session, I think "assumption" is the problem. If we can have less "assumption" and replace it with "real communication", we should have much fewer issues in our lives, ideally!
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Luis Ko 寫:
Rock 寫:
of course not! i'm interested in girls.. XD
actually what i said is about session two la~
I believe Rock was being sarcastic! :twisted:
回覆文章