2/25 (Sat.) 1. Negative ion 2. Gender question (Host:Jason)

頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2161
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

Re: 2/25 (Sat.) 1. Negative ion 2. Gender question (Host:Jas

文章 Rock »

Kooper 寫: I believe Rock was being sarcastic! :twisted:
And I believe that Luis was just playing along with me :lol:
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

It was a cold and rainy day, in a long holiday. But we still got a lot of people: Kooper, Jason Jr.(host), Iris, Gloria, Danny, Laura, Shirley, Steve, Sherry, Rock, Jessica, Rosie, Light, David Jr., Tom, Leon, Sabrina. Thank you all for coming.
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

The discussion was great. It's a pity that we didn't have a real debate on this controversial topic of real & fake science, though. What a waste! David Jr. even picked his side, and Jason Jr. seems to be a good moderator. Things could have been more interesting and exciting. Gotta find a way to make people fight each other next time.... :lol:
Jason Huang
YOYO member
文章: 26
註冊時間: 週四 1月 12, 2017 12:50 pm

文章 Jason Huang »

Rock 寫:
Jason Huang 寫:...

Hey, Jason Jr., your writing and logic are excellent,
Hi Rock, sorry for the late reply, I should have checked this forum more often. My writing is not as good as your guys. I make grammar mistakes all the time. You are right, I should come up here more often and practice. Thanks for the reminder!
Jason Huang
YOYO member

文章 Jason Huang »

Kooper 寫:Well, no offence to Jason. I am just trying to play devil's advocate and open a debate. :mrgreen:

Hey Kooper, appreciate your precise input on my topic. You did great when it comes to the devil in detail. That is the exact kind of resonance I would like to initiate. I had watched over quite a few videos about negative ion. As opposed to typical academic expert type, these two clips are a bit more clear and easy to understand.

Thanks to all your participation and enthusiasm yesterday, hope your guys enjoy the meeting as much as I did.
Jason Huang
YOYO member

文章 Jason Huang »

Rock 寫:The discussion was great. It's a pity that we didn't have a real debate on this controversial topic of real & fake science, though. What a waste! David Jr. even picked his side, and Jason Jr. seems to be a good moderator. Things could have been more interesting and exciting. Gotta find a way to make people fight each other next time.... :lol:
Haha, I used to play double agent. Rock just brought up a pretty good idea, instead of running regular topic discussion, maybe once in a while, we may pick a topic just for debating and fighting. Separating the members into two parts, how does that sound to everybody?
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Jason Huang 寫:...maybe once in a while, we may pick a topic just for debating and fighting. Separating the members into two parts, how does that sound to everybody?
Yes, please. 8)
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Words and expressions mentioned in the meeting or the videos

have a crush on somebody

to silence somebody

proportional [a], proportionally [adv]

have a far-reaching effects on something; far-reaching consequences, changes or reforms

eat cow, eat humble pie

take the hint

placebo, panacea

I don't want to be judgmental

alkaline diet, acidic diet

have refreshing or invigorating effect

negative ions stimulate a group of defense cells that marshal our resistance to disease

feel sleepy, dizzy or slack near a working air conditioning system
回覆文章