8/5(Sat) The Future of Artificial Intelligence (Host:Sherry)

回覆文章
Sherry Liao
YOYO member
文章: 1482
註冊時間: 週五 12月 07, 2007 12:15 pm

8/5(Sat) The Future of Artificial Intelligence (Host:Sherry)

文章 Sherry Liao »

Dear YOYOs,

On July 23, The Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg answered a user’s question about the future of AI in his Facebook Live broadcast. The user had previously watched an interview with the Tesla CEO Elon Musk, an outspoken opponent of AI, and wanted to know Zuckerberg’s opinions on it. Zuckerberg said that in opposite to Elon Musk, he was optimistic about AI. He also mentioned that people who were naysayers and tried to drum up these doomsday scenarios “is pretty irresponsible”.

Musk quickly responded with a tweet two days later saying Zuckerberg's "understanding of the subject is limited."

For more details, please read the following articles:
Zuckerberg blasts Musk warnings against artificial intelligence as 'pretty irresponsible'

Elon Musk fires back at Mark Zuckerberg in debate about the future: 'His understanding of the subject is limited'

Or simply view the following short video:

There are lots of discussion on this issue over the internet. Have a google search if you want to read more, or just come join us to have a discussion this Saturday!

Questions for discussion
Session I

Q1. Google’s AlphaGo computer program beat the world's top ranked players Lee Sedol(李世乭) in 2016 and Ke Jie(柯潔) in 2017, at Chinese board game GO. What are your thoughts on that?

Q2: The machine learning algorithms can help machine to teach itself to perform more powerfully and more efficiently. Do you think AI and robots will become more intelligent than humans in the future? Will they develop interests of its own and come to dominate humanity?

Q3. Zuckerberg says he is optimistic about artificial intelligence's “potential to make the world better,” and that “it is pretty irresponsible” to try to drum up the doomsday scenarios, but Elon Musk says Zuckerberg's understanding of AI is 'limited'. What’s your stand?

Session II
Q4. Currently, AI is being developed in numerous fields. In what fields do you think the development of artificial technology is beneficial for human beings and in what fields do you think it should be limited?

Q5. Will AI transforms the economy and leads next industrial revolution? Will it allow humans more leisure time in the future or eliminate jobs? Do you think the advances in artificial technology need to be regulated? If so, how?

Q6. Not all science and technology experts are advocates of artificial intelligence. In addition to Elon Musk, Bill Gates and Stephen Hawking have also been vocal about their concerns about AI. Is artificial intelligence something we should fear? In your opinion, is it a potential threat or an opportunity for humanity? Why?

********************************************************************************************************************************************
Agenda:
3:45 ~ 4:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
4:00 ~ 4:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
4:10 ~ 4:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
4:50 ~ 5:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
5:10 ~ 5:15pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
5:15 ~ 5:55pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
6:00 ~ 6:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
6:20 ~ 6:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements ********************************************************************************************************************************************
聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
聚會時間:請準時 4:00 pm 到 ~ 約 6:30 pm 左右結束
星期六聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 地圖 (02) 2740-2350
捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
走法:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
最低消費: 80 元

注意事項:
1. 文章是否需要列印請自行斟酌,但與會者請務必自行列印 Questions for discussion。
2. 與會者請先閱讀過文章,並仔細想過所有的問題,謝謝合作!

給新朋友的話:
1. 請事先準備2~3分鐘的英語自我介紹;會議結束前可能會請你發表1~2分鐘的感想。
2. 請事先閱讀文章以及主持人所提的討論問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
3. 全程以英語進行,參加者應具備中等英語會話能力,對任一討論問題,能夠以5到10句英文表達個人見解。
4. 在正式加入之前,可以先來觀摩三次,觀摩者亦須參與討論。正式加入需繳交終身會費 NT$1,000。
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2161
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

Re: 8/5(Sat) The Future of Artificial Intelligence (Host:She

文章 Rock »

Ha, my favorite topic. Behold, the end is coming.... 8)
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 970
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

文章 Luis Ko »

interesting topic! i like this kind of "interesting" topic, though i might not be there haa~

in this argument, i side with Tesla CEO Elon Musk. i have long said i dislike that humans always try to play God(s), since i think it's stupid to believe in it. they always have no idea what the consequence of their doing will be in the future. of course, a lot of people argue that all new technology are out of good reasons but, the thing is, you just can't be sure how humans would use it under their selfishness or what, even by accident it could leave us in limbo and lead to Apocalypse. actually there was also a news, about Facebook shutting down their AI robots for the reason of being scared, which might make many people have second thought about AI. just read below,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... guage.html
最後由 Luis Ko 於 週五 8月 04, 2017 12:43 am 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Luis Ko 寫:.... i have long said i dislike that humans always try to play God(s), ...[/url]
You are right. But there is always a second thought. We accumulate knowledge, and science & technology are major knowledge for human beings. As science and technology advance, human beings become more powerful. It seems to me that sooner or later God would be challenged anyway. Maybe it's one of the things that we gotta live with, no matter we like it or not?

Personally, I'd like to see AI comes true in my lifetime. The world is kind of boring with all those politics, religion, and other stupid stuff. At least robots is a dream come true, no matter it's a sweet dream or nightmare.
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Luis Ko
YOYO member

文章 Luis Ko »

yeah, right. actually i don't give limbo or apocalypse a shit really. no matter it's a sweet dream or nightmare, it won't be my business haa~ but since it's an argument, i like it, so i take side lo~ i got to say it won't hurt me to see the tech of AI or robots is full fledged so, it's safe to say i would like to see them as well haa~
as to God(s), again, i don't care how people would play it, none of my business either. even i cared, i couldn't do anything except said something in debate haa~ however, i don't think it will be challenged, people will only be happy to be able to get so close to Gods' level if they believe in it, unless aliens have been proved out there. are aliens Gods? right, until then lo~ 8)
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Well, according to Discovery Channel, this is a lonely planet....
Luis Ko
YOYO member

文章 Luis Ko »

Rock 寫:Well, according to Discovery Channel, this is a lonely planet....
then, they definitely believe in God.. :lol:
Luis Ko
YOYO member

文章 Luis Ko »

"l have pretty strong opinions on this. I am optimistic," Zuckerberg said. "And I think people who are naysayers and try to drum up these doomsday scenarios — I just, I don't understand it. It's really negative and in some ways I actually think it is pretty irresponsible."

By the way, when Mark Zuckerberg said the above, he was irresponsible himself l would say. What he has said is also irresponsible haa~ 8)
Luis Ko
YOYO member

文章 Luis Ko »

THE AI WARNINGS Scientists and tech luminaries including Bill Gates have said that AI could lead to unforeseen consequences.
In 2014 Professor Stephen Hawking warned that AI could mean the end of the human race.
He said: ‘It would take off on its own and re-design itself at an ever increasing rate.
‘Humans, who are limited by slow biological evolution, couldn’t compete, and would be superseded.’
Billionaire inventor Elon Musk said last month: ‘I keep sounding the alarm bell, but until people see robots going down the street killing people, they don’t know how to react, because it seems too ethereal.’

guess what Musk said really reflect what happened in those tragic(sci-fi) movies, in which the culprits always took light the situations and underestimated the consequences as well, until things went totally wrong and out of control haa~ 8)
回覆文章