9/12 (Tue.) You are lucky. (host: James)

回覆文章
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2161
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

9/12 (Tue.) You are lucky. (host: James)

文章 Rock »

This topic was originally from David Jr.: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=808
It's so good that, after a little revision, we can talk about it again after what, 12 years? :shock:

Why You Should Declare Yourself a Lucky Person

Whether you’re a believer in Universe magic and synchronicity or you still need a little convincing, research shows that people who describe themselves as ‘lucky’ really end up having more good fortune in their lives.

I know the more I wake up in excited anticipation of good things happening to me, the more I consciously look for goodness in the world, and the more I celebrate every little blessing with a Woohoo, thanks Universe!, the more amazing things happen.

Positivity and Gratitude = Goodness and Gifts, Magic and Miracles is pretty much an unbreakable law in my life, like 1 + 1 = 2 (or a bottle of wine = a sore head).

I have laughed out loud in awe and joy at some of the strange serendipity that has occurred in my life. Here is just a small handful of examples from the last few weeks:

…We found an eBay listing for the exact couch we wanted (colour, size, new condition) available in our neighbouring suburb, an hour before we were heading to the store to buy it for almost triple the price. That same morning, the café where we were having brunch gifted us free gluten free raspberry cakes.

(read more here: http://notesonbliss.com/lucky-person/)

Session One
1. Think about all the experience that you’ve had from childhood to adulthood. Are you a lucky person? Do you always feel that you are blessed by God and everything happening around you seems to be great? Why or why not?
2. What is luck? Please give it a definition of yours. In your imagination, what is the luckiest thing in the world? Is it possible that this good luck would come to you someday?
3. Can luck be produced? What brings good luck? Why should you declare yourself a lucky person?

Session Two

1. Please share some proverbs and sayings you know about luck. Do they make sense? Which one would you take as a motto?
2. According to the article, good luck is about positive thinking and it's good to us. Is it always true? What are the possible bad things about it? Could you give us some examples?
3. Is it lucky to be born in Taiwan? Would you consider yourself luckier if you were born in China or Japan? Why or why not?

********************************************************************************************************************************************
Agenda:
6:45 ~ 7:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
7:00 ~ 7:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
7:10 ~ 7:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
7:50 ~ 8:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
8:10 ~ 8:25pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:25 ~ 9:05pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
9:05 ~ 9:25pm Summarization (20 mins)
9:25 ~ 9:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements ********************************************************************************************************************************************
聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
聚會時間:當天請準時於 6:45 pm 到達 ~ 約 9:30 pm 左右結束
星期三聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 地圖 (02) 2740-2350
捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
走法:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
最低消費: 80 元

注意事項:
1. 文章是否需要列印請自行斟酌,但與會者請務必自行列印 Questions for discussion。
2. 與會者請先閱讀過文章,並仔細想過所有的問題,謝謝合作!

給新朋友的話:
1. 請事先準備 2~3 分鐘的英語自我介紹;會議結束前可能會請你發表 1~2 分鐘的感想。
2. 請事先閱讀文章以及主持人所提的討論問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
3. 全程以英語進行,參加者應具備中等英語會話能力,對任一討論問題,能夠以 5 到 10 句英文表達個人見解。
4. 在正式加入之前,可以先來觀摩三次,觀摩者亦須參與討論。正式加入需繳交終身會費 NT$1,000。
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
James Chen
YOYO member
文章: 8
註冊時間: 週一 5月 25, 2015 12:57 am

Re: 9/12 (Tue.) You are lucky. (host: James)

文章 James Chen »

Thank you for your great support! Rock :D
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

The pleasure is mine. :D :D
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 970
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

文章 Luis Ko »

feeling lucky or not is really dependent on one's mindset. one can always feel lucky whenever they want, even when they step on shit accidentally, can't they? they might think it boads well or, at least it is not a landmine.. XD

but then again, it's a result of comparison, isn't it? 8)

by the way, Ryan mentioned life got ups and downs. don't care about luck too much or what. and yeah, be that as it may i said. that's life haaa~ :lol:
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Hey, is "look on the bright side" a useful reminder to you? If it's yes, then this "You should say you are lucky" thing is a good way, not only to look at, but to put yourself on the bright side. Otherwise, if you are strong and always face the bright and dark sides of life directly and happily, then you can ignore it, of course. 8)

As for the stepping on the shit part, it's hopeless.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Many thanks to James for hosting a great meeting. The attendees are: Christine, Debby, Momo, Steve, Ryan, James, Cindy, Yvonne, Shirley, Wen-han, Alicia, Tina, Rock, Way, Kris. Thank you all for coming.
回覆文章