3/6 (Tue.) regret not dating a girl who travels?(Host: Luis)

回覆文章
Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 970
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

3/6 (Tue.) regret not dating a girl who travels?(Host: Luis)

文章 Luis Ko »

Date A Girl Who Travels

http://www.solitarywanderer.com/2012/02 ... z1yLA64JoJ

session one questions:

1. do you think those points mentioned in this article make sense? what's your opinion about dating a girl who travels? what are the pros and cons of it? are they worth fighting for? how about dating a man who travels? do men share the same traits?

2. do you like travel? can you describe how much do you like it? is there any specific circumstance that would be a cause for you to go travelling?

3. it's said the journey is more important and more memorable than the destination you've planned to go. what do you think of it? anyway, where do you think is the place people should at least visit once in their life time? why?

4. please share some interesting experience from your trips before, if there's any.

session two questions:

5. it's said the most common regret of the dying is 'I wish I hadn't worked so hard'. what do you think about it?

6. Mark Twain once said that twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. do you agree? is there anything you regret not having done? is there anything you wanna do, get, achieve or what, so that you won't regret when your life gets to an end?

7. do you think it's possible to have no regrets in one's life? Or, what will you do to avoid having too many, if not all?

8. what matters in your life anyway? what do you think is the happiness of life? i mean "幸福是什麼?", in your opinion.

********************************************************************************************************************************************
Agenda:
6:45 ~ 7:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
7:00 ~ 7:20pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
7:20 ~ 8:05pm Discussion Session (45 mins)
8:05 ~ 8:20pm Summarization (15 mins)
8:20 ~ 8:25pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 5 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:25 ~ 9:10pm Discussion Session (45 mins)
9:10 ~ 9:25pm Summarization (15 mins)
9:25 ~ 9:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements
********************************************************************************************************************************************
聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
聚會時間:當天請準時於 6:45 pm 到達 ~ 約 9:30 pm 左右結束
星期二聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 (02) 2740-2350
捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
走法:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
最低消費: 80 元

注意事項:
1. 文章是否需要列印請自行斟酌,但與會者請務必自行列印 Questions for discussion。
2. 與會者請先閱讀過文章,並仔細想過所有的問題,謝謝合作!

給新朋友的話:
1. 請事先準備 2~3 分鐘的英語自我介紹;會議結束前可能會請你發表 1~2 分鐘的感想。
2. 請事先閱讀文章以及主持人所提的討論問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
3. 全程以英語進行,參加者應具備中等英語會話能力,對任一討論問題,能夠以 5 到 10 句英文表達個人見解。
4. 在正式加入之前,可以先來觀摩三次,觀摩者亦須參與討論。正式加入需繳交終身會費 NT$1,000。
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
Georgia
YOYO member
文章: 480
註冊時間: 週三 11月 07, 2007 11:49 pm

Re: 3/6 (Tue.) regret not dating a girl who travels?(Host: L

文章 Georgia »

Thanks Luis! This is a very interested topic as I've never thought of dating someone who travels a lot! I will set up the event ASAP.

Also, I'd like to ask whether it's okay for me to make a promotional video clip for this meeting. You don't have to do anything. The video is just a prop to attract newbies to come check out our club so that we can have more fresh blood to help carry the torch for years to come. I will only dabble a little on the topic, give info about our club and that's it. It would't at all effect what or how you want to discuss the topic. Just let me know if it's a no or go. Many thanks!
:ssmile:
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 894
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

文章 Iris Wu »

Wow!
At first glance, I thought, huh, another cynical question? What's wrong with a girl who travels? (Instinctively, I was defensive or tried to defend the girls who like to travel...)
After reading line by line, wow, I am speechless! I am falling in love with the girl!

I am not sure if all the girls who like to travel possess all the characteristics as described, but if you meet a girl with all the quality and attributes as the article specified, and she does not travel, then, don't just date her, marry her; but if this girl loves to travel, then, give her your blessing and let her go (no matter how hard it is for you), because she belongs to the free world!
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

I am looking forward to the meeting!
Way
YOYO member
文章: 24
註冊時間: 週六 9月 23, 2017 10:39 pm

文章 Way »

Reading a person through travelling with is excellent idea!!
Janice Wang
YOYO member
文章: 79
註冊時間: 週六 3月 25, 2017 7:45 pm

文章 Janice Wang »

The article, a brilliant self-revealing intellectual beauty, an unconventional Luis-like topic selection with wisely well-designed questions ranging from dating, traveling, to soul-searching. What a great job, Luis! It's too bad that you won’t conduct the meeting tomorrow! Another regret adding up to the answer for session 2 questions.

Knowingly, when Cupid’s arrow fires and the chemistry sparks between you and the one you are into, nothing would hold you back until compatibility is no longer present in your loving companionship.

There is no yardstick to measure the right amount of time for a couple to spend together to pan out a relationship. Surely, there must have some other factors matter in a relationship; however, I can’t help but wonder, for a person who is away a lot, no matter the reason for their absence; how can they secure time to know each other, share common values and interests, experience ups and downs, and build trust instead of clinginess or aloofness….etc? Those are often assigned heavy deadweight to a healthy relationship. In particular, for a budding relationship, to spend a certain amount of time together is important and essential for a relationship to grow and blossom!

Certainly, current technology offers practical assist to make up for physical distance; nevertheless , to spend some quality time together as a couple is necessary to avoid irreconcilable differences. I guess only true “soul-mates “ will be able to overcome the problem of physical disappearance and stand the test of time in each other’s life!
最後由 Janice Wang 於 週日 4月 01, 2018 11:23 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 2 次。
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

Iris Wu 寫:...huh, another cynical question? What's wrong with a girl who travels? ...
I am a cynic (Luis' substitute). To be seemed not so cynical, I also want to defend other girls. What's wrong with a girl who watches TV?

Date a Girl Who Watches TV

Date a girl who watches TV. Date a girl who would rather stay up for Late Night Shows or Game of Thrones than drink beer with guys who she just met in a bar of Patong night market.

She may not look like a fashion plate, but behind that square eyeglasses and fat round face from sitting all day in front of the TV, lies a mind that can take you home and an open heart that will take you for what you are, not for what you can be, even though you don't look like George Clooney.

Date a girl who watches TV. You’ll recognize her by the TV schedule she always carries. She won’t be planning for airplane tickets; where will she enjoy her favorite show, her snack, and the dog and man that’s always keeping her company?

If she is away, in a crowded hostel, how can she calm down and relax? The exotic food, the foreign faces, and the unstoppable music from the pub next door are all so inviting, but who says there's no place like home?

Yes, a girl who watches TV is nobody; nothing can happen and it just has to be no sorry. The world outside is full of surprise; many people tell her she should change and this kind of life is not worth living. Knowing that such things are always a part of life, she’s reliable and dependable, traits that she’s learned on the internet and on the couch.

Inspired by Date A Girl Who Travels by Aleah
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

我一定是吃飽太閒了 :lol:
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Tom Lee
YOYO member
文章: 51
註冊時間: 週三 10月 30, 2013 8:51 pm

文章 Tom Lee »

HI Rock,

I guess you regret dating a girl who watches TV.
頭像
Gloria Lo
YOYO member
文章: 367
註冊時間: 週一 2月 04, 2008 7:51 am

文章 Gloria Lo »

:ssmile: :ssmile:

Attendees:Christine, John, Iris,Tina Sun, Wen-Han, Steve, Tom, Georgia, Way, Chris, Rosie, David, Rock, Felicia, Gloria
New comer: Anson, Krisna :lol: :lol:
回覆文章