4/24 (Tue) Movie blockbusters (Host: Tashi)

回覆文章
tashi
文章: 148
註冊時間: 週二 11月 03, 2015 11:07 pm

4/24 (Tue) Movie blockbusters (Host: Tashi)

文章 tashi »

Hi Yoyoans,

I am going to be the host of the very following Tuesday and as the title, I am interested in sharing opinions for those blockbusters or even their directors:

First of all, let's check this wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_h ... sing_films

There are several sorts of classifications for those best-selling movies:

1. Highest-grossing films
2. Highest-grossing films adjusted for inflation as of 2014
3. High-grossing films by year of release
4. Timeline of the highest-grossing film record
5. Highest-grossing franchises and film series

Please try to check these lists and think about the questions below:

Session I.

1. From the list of highest grossing films, would you be surprised as much as I do that Titanic, on screen by 1997 is still ranked No.2?

2. About the top 10 of highest grossing films, I feel like they are functional as a delicious food. A delicacy can be not that healthy or nutritional, but as long as it's delicious and delightful, it can pick people up and become popular.

a. please share if you've watched them and try to share your thoughts about them.
b. To become a blockbuster, what are the factors do they have in common?

3. Speaking of "Timeline of the highest-grossing film record", do you think they are legends?

4. About "Highest-grossing franchises and film series", why DC can't succeed in hero movies like Marvel does? What mistakes did they have made?

Session II.

1. About the thing "movie", how do you think of it's meaning to yourself or human beings? We need it because of some sort of desire so we develop it?

2. Which movie director you admire most for his/her work? Please share with us your perspective.

3. If you've watched the movie "Black Panther", directed by black people, featuring a hero by a black actor and 90% of other actor/actress are black, have it shifted attitudes about Africa and Africans among non-Africans of you?

4. Have you been inspired by any movies? blockbuster or non-blockbuster, from Taiwan or from Hollywood/Bollywood is worth recommendation.

5. Do you think it's possible that Taiwan movies can be worldwide blockbusters?

See you soon~~~

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Agenda:
6:45 ~ 7:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
7:00 ~ 7:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
7:10 ~ 7:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
7:50 ~ 8:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
8:10 ~ 8:25pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:25 ~ 9:05pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
9:05 ~ 9:25pm Summarization (20 mins)
9:25 ~ 9:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements ********************************************************************************************************************************************
聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
聚會時間:當天請準時於 6:45 pm 到達 ~ 約 9:30 pm 左右結束
星期二聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 (02) 2740-2350
捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
走法:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
最低消費: 80 元

注意事項:
1. 文章是否需要列印請自行斟酌,但與會者請務必自行列印 Questions for discussion。
2. 與會者請先閱讀過文章,並仔細想過所有的問題,謝謝合作!

給新朋友的話:
1. 請事先準備 2~3 分鐘的英語自我介紹;會議結束前可能會請你發表 1~2 分鐘的感想。
2. 請事先閱讀文章以及主持人所提的討論問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
3. 全程以英語進行,參加者應具備中等英語會話能力,對任一討論問題,能夠以 5 到 10 句英文表達個人見解。
4. 在正式加入之前,可以先來觀摩三次,觀摩者亦須參與討論。正式加入需繳交終身會費 NT$1,000。
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

Re: 4/24 (Tue) Movie blockbusters (Host: Tashi)

文章 Kooper »

Sometimes box office cannot reflect how much a film has been liked by the general public. For instance, the Shashank Redemption, even with a miserable box office result, is rated by audiences as the favorite of all time on IMDb (https://www.imdb.com/chart/top). :wink:
tashi
文章: 148
註冊時間: 週二 11月 03, 2015 11:07 pm

文章 tashi »

Kooper 寫:Sometimes box office cannot reflect how much a film has been liked by the general public. For instance, the Shashank Redemption, even with a miserable box office result, is rated by audiences as the favorite of all time on IMDb (https://www.imdb.com/chart/top). :wink:
It's very true. The Shashank Redemption is a legend. Maybe some movies is not that exciting for spending money watching them in a theater but become the champion video rental market. I think the movie "大話西遊" is another example that also had a miserable box office but created so many classical quotations.

By the way, the VR theme movie "Ready Player One" just achieved over 500M box office. Good for Stephen Spielberg.
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Attendees(20): Anne, Amy, Bonson, Christine, Eaprica, Ellen, Janice, John, Kat, Kooper, Light, Liwen, Luis, Morris, Sabrina, Sally, Tashi(host), Way, Wen-han, Yuki
回覆文章