5/5(Sat) The subtle art of not giving a f*ck (Host: Ryan)

回覆文章
Ryan
YOYO member
文章: 29
註冊時間: 週日 6月 22, 2014 3:15 pm

5/5(Sat) The subtle art of not giving a f*ck (Host: Ryan)

文章 Ryan »

The captioned title is the name of my favorite book which I read this year. I found a couple of things have been brought up in the book are quite worthy of discussion that human as social animals tend to care about others thinking way too much and turned out mistake what is truly matters to ourselves, who we love and what we want. We put effort on striving for meaningless identifications, impressing people that we meet in daily life. Worrying about criticisms, comments from those surrounding people who don't really care about us. These things are trapping us from what we are going after or making us lose sight of who we truly are.

You can capture the main idea of the book by looking through the videos in below.
Please prepare your own "Question sheet" because no hard copy will be provided.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CLTBV0 ... ex=37&t=5s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrVvwnh ... ex=12&t=0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qQ2o_w ... dex=3&t=0s

Session 1:

1. Have you ever given up on something because of other's opinion? What was it? What makes you feel that others feeling is more important than yours?

2. Are you a person who stay true to yourself? Do you admire people who stay true to themselves? Would you consider people stay true to themselves are likely to be assholes?

3. In what occasion you are not able to be yourself? What would happen by doing so? Is there a better way than pretending to be someone who is not you?

Session two:
1. Do you agree with points of view below? Why or why not?
a. The desire for more positive experience is itself a negative experience. And, paradoxically, the acceptance of one's negative experience is itself a positive experience.
b. People will see you the way that you see yourself.
c. If someone's better than you at something, which means who has been failed at it more than you had.

2. Are you tend to lower yourself while confronting/ getting along with people of higher rank? Or are you able to be yourself and express who you really are to higher ranked people?

3. Have you ever twisted yourself to fit in a fellowship? What did you do and how did it works?

********************************************************************************************************************************************
Agenda:
3:45 ~ 4:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
4:00 ~ 4:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
4:10 ~ 4:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
4:50 ~ 5:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
5:10 ~ 5:15pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
5:15 ~ 5:55pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
6:00 ~ 6:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
6:20 ~ 6:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements ********************************************************************************************************************************************
聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
聚會時間:請準時 4:00 pm 到 ~ 約 6:30 pm 左右結束
星期六聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 地圖 (02) 2740-2350
捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
走法:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
最低消費: 80 元

注意事項:
1. 文章是否需要列印請自行斟酌,但與會者請務必自行列印 Questions for discussion。
2. 與會者請先閱讀過文章,並仔細想過所有的問題,謝謝合作!

給新朋友的話:
1. 請事先準備2~3分鐘的英語自我介紹;會議結束前可能會請你發表1~2分鐘的感想。
2. 請事先閱讀文章以及主持人所提的討論問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
3. 全程以英語進行,參加者應具備中等英語會話能力,對任一討論問題,能夠以5到10句英文表達個人見解。
4. 在正式加入之前,可以先來觀摩三次,觀摩者亦須參與討論。正式加入需繳交終身會費 NT$1,000。
最後由 Ryan 於 週五 5月 04, 2018 4:12 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

Re: 5/5(Sat) The subtle art of not giving a f*ck (Host: Ryan

文章 Kooper »

The clips are thought-provoking and the questions are million dollar ones!
Well... that also means I really need to do some soul-searching before coming to the meeting. No more procrastination this time, Kooper.... (talking to myself :shock:)
Ryan
YOYO member

文章 Ryan »

Kooper 寫:The clips are thought-provoking and the questions are million dollar ones!
Well... that also means I really need to do some thought-searching before coming to the meeting. No more procrastination this time, Kooper.... (talking to myself :shock:)
Thanks Kooper, but note that the brought up ideas are not necessarily true. You are more than welcome to tell me how BS are those.
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Ryan 寫:
Kooper 寫:The clips are thought-provoking and the questions are million dollar ones!
Well... that also means I really need to do some thought-searching before coming to the meeting. No more procrastination this time, Kooper.... (talking to myself :shock:)
Thanks Kooper, but note that the brought up ideas are not necessarily true. You are more than welcome to tell me how BS are those.
Ha ha, I guess David, Rock, or Luis will probably do a much better job than I on criticizing the BS part. :mrgreen:
Way
YOYO member
文章: 24
註冊時間: 週六 9月 23, 2017 10:39 pm

文章 Way »

Thank Ryan preparing these motivational stuffs that let yoyo become a more constructive and inspirational growth group besides practicing English occasion. I also really wonder how many persons exactly know who they are, finding the way to know your value and what your worth is becomes extremely important in life journey. Totally agree " people will see you the way that you see yourself" , so let's rebuild confidence together in this growth camp ! See you there. :)
Ryan
YOYO member

文章 Ryan »

Way 寫:Thank Ryan preparing these motivational stuffs that let yoyo become a more constructive and inspirational growth group besides practicing English occasion. I also really wonder how many persons exactly know who they are, finding the way to know your value and what your worth is becomes extremely important in life journey. Totally agree " people will see you the way that you see yourself" , so let's rebuild confidence together in this growth camp ! See you there. :)
Hey Way, good to see you here, you know one great thing about being in Yoyo is that I can always learn so much from people like you who has brilliant life experiences. Look forward to your comment about our discussion.
頭像
Gloria Lo
YOYO member
文章: 367
註冊時間: 週一 2月 04, 2008 7:51 am

文章 Gloria Lo »

:D :lol: :D :lol:

Attendees:
Tashi, Neo, Kat, Amy, Leon, Summer, Ryan, Jay, Vicky, Way, Kooper, Tanya, Rosie, Henry, Tim, David, John, Yaya, Abbey, Gloria, Apple, Luis

:sun:

It was a fantastic meeting. Ryan chose a terrific topic for us and it triggered a lot of valuable discussions. We really had a good time.
回覆文章