5/18(Sat.) Love letter and Rocky (Host: Leon)

回覆文章
頭像
Leon
YOYO member
文章: 256
註冊時間: 週日 5月 30, 2004 9:55 am

5/18(Sat.) Love letter and Rocky (Host: Leon)

文章 Leon »

This week we will talk about 2 movies, love letter and Rocky.
Please watch these 2 films summary video before coming to the meeting.
I also provide plot if you are interested in it but this is not a requirement for meeting discussion.

Love letter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-pAti0s8Uw

plot:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Letter_(1995_film)

Rocky:
https://www.facebook.com/ShenfanXP/vide ... 9877475671

plot
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075148/plotsummary

session 1: love letter

Q1 Share your thought and feeling about movie: love letter.

Q2 Have you ever crush on someone? Share your experience?

Q3 Do you ever write/receive love letter to/from someone?

session 2 : Rocky

Q4 Share your thought and feeling about movie: Rocky.

Q5 Do you ever fight for something?
Do you have experience like rocky to grab the chance and go for it?

Q6 Share any other movie that inspired you?

********************************************************************************************************************************************
Agenda:
3:45 ~ 4:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
4:00 ~ 4:20pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
4:20 ~ 5:00pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
5:00 ~ 5:20pm Summarization / Regrouping (20 mins)
5:20 ~ 5:30pm Break
(Session II)
5:30 ~ 6:10pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
6:10 ~ 6:30pm Summarization / Concluding Remarks / Announcements (20 mins)
********************************************************************************************************************************************
聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
聚會時間:當天請準時於 4:00 pm 到達 ~ 約 6:30 pm 左右結束
星期六聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 (02) 2740-2350
捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
走法:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
最低消費: 80 元

注意事項:
與會者請先閱讀過文章,並仔細想過所有的問題,謝謝合作!

給新朋友的話:
1. 請事先準備 2~3 分鐘的英語自我介紹;會議結束前可能會請你發表 1~2 分鐘的感想。
2. 請事先閱讀文章以及主持人所提的討論問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
3. 全程以英語進行,參加者應具備中等英語會話能力,對任一討論問題,能夠以 5 到 10 句英文表達個人見解。
4. 在正式加入之前,可以先來觀摩三次,觀摩者亦須參與討論。正式加入需繳交終身會費 NT$1,000。
When all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.
Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 970
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: 5/18(Sat.) Love letter and Rocky (Host: Leon)

文章 Luis Ko »

i have a lot of experience in taking a shine to girls. the feeling of that is always very great right at the moment, like on cloud nine, whereas the frustration feels so acute after being brought down to earth.. :ccry:
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
頭像
Leon
YOYO member
文章: 256
註冊時間: 週日 5月 30, 2004 9:55 am

文章 Leon »

Luis Ko 寫:i have a lot of experience in taking a shine to girls. the feeling of that is always very great right at the moment, like on cloud nine, whereas the frustration feels so acute after being brought down to earth.. :ccry:
We all have this kind experience. :cccry:
When all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.
Michael-liu
YOYO member
文章: 708
註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

文章 Michael-liu »

Love Letter is a classic pure love movie. It is definitely a must-see. Whoever has never seen this movie must see it or you will have biggest regret for the rest of your life.

Love Letter is a typical oriental culture movie. However, I remember there is another classic western movie, which is also about a love that is unable to be spoken out, only the difference is it is about aged people.

The movie is 《長日將盡》(英語:The Remains of The Day)是石黑一雄於1989年出版的作品. Oh....I just found out the author is a Japanese. No wonder......
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Love Letter is one of my favorite Japanese love movies. I fell in love with it not just because it was super romantic. More, watching the movie brought me mixed feelings. To me, it depicted more of the bitterness of loss than the sweetness of puppy love.

The plot ended at a lose-lose situation to all three main characters. The boy Fujii was too shy to confess and missed forever the opportunity of dating the girl he liked. On the other hand, the girl Fuji didn’t sense his crush until many years later, even after the man had died from a mountain accident. It was obviously too late and nothing could be done to make up for it. Learning what she had missed might do more harm than good. If I were her, I would rather be kept in the dark forever. Miss Watanabe, the male Fujii’s fiancée and was probably the most heart-wrenching role of the film, discovered eventually through mails back and forth with Miss Fujii the hidden reason his fiancée fell in love with her at first sight. That disillusioned her bitterly. The cruel discovery however freed her from the love-hate bond of love. It was finally water under the bridge.
Michael-liu
YOYO member
文章: 708
註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

文章 Michael-liu »

http://www.159mov.com/vod/10/2642.html

The above is the link of Love Letter. You don't have to register to see the movie.And press the button of "BD高清"
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Attendees(12): Tim, Tina, Julian, Ken, Sabrina, Michael, Kooper, Wendy, Antonio, Michelle, Steve, Leon (host)
回覆文章