7/4 (SAT) Do You Listen to Podcasts? (Host:Annie)

回覆文章
Annie Zhang
YOYO member
文章: 24
註冊時間: 週四 2月 09, 2012 12:03 am

7/4 (SAT) Do You Listen to Podcasts? (Host:Annie)

文章 Annie Zhang »

Podcasts have been around for quite a while, but it's only in recent years that the industry has begun to really flourish. Do you listen to Podcasts? Let's talk about your favourites!

Article:
9 Podcast Trends You Can’t Ignore in 2020
https://www.singlegrain.com/podcast/pod ... ends-2020/

Section 1:
  • Q1: Do you listen to any Podcasts? Tell us about some of your favourites. Would you recommend them to others, and why?
  • Q2: When do you tend to listen to Podcasts?

• Q3: If you don’t know much about podcasts, will you try listening? If not, why you are not interested in it?
  • Q4: How is listening to a podcast different from watching a TV show, listening to the radio or reading a book?

Section 2:

• Q1: From the article, it shows that 80% of people will listen to an entire podcast episode, indicating that podcast listeners are very engaged in the content. Compared to videos, do you watch the whole videos on YouTube or the films on Netflix?
  • Q2: From the survey in the article, 78% of Podcast consumers approve of advertising, 67% of them remember brands and products from podcast ads, and even 63% made a purchase after hearing podcast ads. Podcast listeners are more open to advertisements, why do you think that is? 

• Q3: Spotify has invested up to $500 million in the fast-growing podcast market, do you think it is the future trend?
  • Q4: Take a look at some of the top podcasts in Taiwan (see below), what subjects do you think would interest you most? What kind of the shows you would be interested in listening to?

Tops Shows on Podcast in Taiwan(Ranking on iTunes, 2020.7.3):
    (1) Gooaya 股癌
    (2) 百靈果NEWS
    (3) 台灣通勤第一品牌
    (4) 那些電影教我的事
    (5) 哇賽心理學
    (6) 姐妹悄悄話
    (7) 通勤學英語
    (8) 英文單字, 片語, 文法
    (9) 大人的Small Talk
    (10) 馬克信箱(Dear Marcy)
    (11) SHINLI的理想生活
    (12) 科技島讀
    (13) 婊姐必請
    (14) 聽天下:天下雜誌
    (15) 馬力歐陪你喝一杯
    (16) 財報狗
    (17) 法客電台BY楊貴智
    (18) 敏迪選讀
    (19) 呱吉
    (20) Sex Chat 談性說愛

Agenda:
3:45 ~ 4:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
4:00 ~ 4:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
4:10 ~ 4:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
4:50 ~ 5:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
5:10 ~ 5:15pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
5:15 ~ 5:55pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
6:00 ~ 6:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
6:20 ~ 6:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements

Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 4:00pm – 6:30pm
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $100)
Address: 台北市濟南路三段25號[MAP]-捷運忠孝新生站3號出口步行3分鐘

Important Notes:
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely for two times. After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1500 lifetime membership fee, or NT$1000 for students.
Michael-liu
YOYO member
文章: 708
註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: 7/4 (SAT) Do You Listen to Podcasts? (Host:Annie)

文章 Michael-liu »

I heard of "podcast", but I always thought it was a product of Apple because of the word "pod".

I didn't know it was free of charge, so I never ever tried it before until this topic pops up.

Up until yesterday, I usually listened to YouTube video to accompany me for sleep. But Youtube has too many annoying advertisements now.

Thanks to this topic, now I can switch to podcast programs for getting me a good night's sleep.
Michael-liu
YOYO member
文章: 708
註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: 7/4 (SAT) Do You Listen to Podcasts? (Host:Annie)

文章 Michael-liu »

Attendees:

Stephen, Steve, Amy, Michael, Kat, Rock, John, Carmelo, Christine, Morris, Julia, Julian, Jerry, Thomas, Ramesh, Tom, Catherine, Leon, Annie(host), Edward(new)
回覆文章