9 Podcast Trends You Can’t Ignore in 2020
https://www.singlegrain.com/podcast/pod ... ends-2020/
- Q1: Do you listen to any Podcasts? Tell us about some of your favourites. Would you recommend them to others, and why?
- Q2: When do you tend to listen to Podcasts?
- Q3: If you don’t know much about podcasts, will you try listening? If not, why you are not interested in it?
- Q4: How is listening to a podcast different from watching a TV show, listening to the radio or reading a book?
- Q1: From the article, it shows that 80% of people will listen to an entire podcast episode, indicating that podcast listeners are very engaged in the content. Compared to videos, do you watch the whole videos on YouTube or the films on Netflix?
- Q2: From the survey in the article, 78% of Podcast consumers approve of advertising, 67% of them remember brands and products from podcast ads, and even 63% made a purchase after hearing podcast ads. Podcast listeners are more open to advertisements, why do you think that is?
- Q3: Spotify has invested up to $500 million in the fast-growing podcast market, do you think it is the future trend?
- Q4: Take a look at some of the top podcasts in Taiwan (see below), what subjects do you think would interest you most? What kind of the shows you would be interested in listening to?
Tops Shows on Podcast in Taiwan(Ranking on iTunes, 2020.7.3):
(1) Gooaya 股癌
(8) 英文單字, 片語, 文法
(9) 大人的Small Talk
(10) 馬克信箱(Dear Marcy)
(20) Sex Chat 談性說愛
3:45 ~ 4:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
4:00 ~ 4:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
4:10 ~ 4:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
4:50 ~ 5:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
5:10 ~ 5:15pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
5:15 ~ 5:55pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
6:00 ~ 6:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
6:20 ~ 6:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements
Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 4:00pm – 6:30pm
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $80)
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely for three times. After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1000 lifetime membership fee.