9/12(Sat.) How to Deal with a Passive-Aggressive Boss (Host: Daphy)

回覆文章
Michael-liu
YOYO member
文章: 708
註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

9/12(Sat.) How to Deal with a Passive-Aggressive Boss (Host: Daphy)

文章 Michael-liu »

Session 1

https://hbr.org/2018/01/how-to-deal-wit ... ssive-boss

Questions:

1.Please list three impressive points from this article and share your opinion with your group members.

2.What is your core concern when you choose a job? why?

3.Have you ever under the pressure working with a passive aggressive boss?
How's your experience?

Session 2

Employee health and strategic goals – the big disconnect

https://www.thehrdirector.com/features/ ... isconnect/

Questions:

1.Do you think Employee Assistance Programs(EAP) is essential and effective? why and why not?

2.What are the challenges highlighted around employee wellbeing when sending them abroad ? Please share your opinions with your group members.

3.If you might need EAP service, how would you like it to be?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda:
3:45 ~ 4:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
4:00 ~ 4:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
4:10 ~ 4:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
4:50 ~ 5:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
5:10 ~ 5:15pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
5:15 ~ 5:55pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
6:00 ~ 6:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
6:20 ~ 6:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements
Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 4:00pm – 6:30pm
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $80)
Address: 台北市濟南路三段25號[MAP]-捷運忠孝新生站3號出口步行3分鐘
Important Notes:
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely for three times. After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1000 lifetime membership fee.
Michael-liu
YOYO member
文章: 708
註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: 9/12(Sat.) How to Deal with a Passive-Aggressive Boss (Host: Daphy)

文章 Michael-liu »

What does passive-aggressive mean?

According to Cambridge dictionary, it means "showing an unwillingness to be helpful or friendly, without expressing your anger openly"
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 894
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

文章 Iris Wu »

There are two sides to think the issue of working with a passive-aggressive boss, one is the kind of boss you need to deal with and the other side is if you are one of the passive-aggressive boss.

My only experience was to deal with a credit-taking boss and unfortunately I was pretty junior in the job market at that time, so I did the things that I was not supposed to do as listed in the article and ended up leaving the company after a year of service.
Now looking back, it wasn’t so much of a mistake. The company actually did not do well and I jumped ship at right timing. It’s always good to comfort yourself that the company was doomed because of their mismanagement and not recognizing the true talents! Haha!

The other side is more serious, are we the passive-aggressive boss? I have to admit in one case I might have played the role. I did not know how to deal with a trouble-making subordinate. She always argued with my business analyst, who was capable and articulate. I had to cut down the assignments for that “problematical” team member. I guess it’s a kind of passive-aggressive as well! :(
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

After reading the first article, I have the same question as Iris hanging over head: Am I a passive-aggressive leader?

I am not a born diplomat and lack the skills to keep overly tactful or calculating inter-personal relationships; because of this a more straightforward and transparent managerial approach in often taken by me. But chances are that when I am not very motivated and is tired of endless communication efforts, I may resort to this passive-aggressive method just to make my life easier. This tends to happen to team members who give me a headache and is definitely not good news to them.
回覆文章