10/17 (SAT) The Great Reset (Christine H)

回覆文章
頭像
Christine
YOYO member
文章: 197
註冊時間: 週三 8月 31, 2005 7:34 pm

10/17 (SAT) The Great Reset (Christine H)

文章 Christine »

Hi Guys,

It's been quite sometime since my last hosting. It's my honor to host the meeting on the coming Saturday.

2020 is the year full of uncertainty which makes me curious about what is going to happen to the world next. The topic is a bit serious, and with the length of 27:16, viewers may find some of the content disturbing. As per the the speaker, it is possible that the video to be removed soon due to controversial issues. Therefore, I will enclose an attachment of the transcripts for your reference in case it is removed.

For anyone who is interested in World Economic Forum and 4th industrial revolution, here are the links from Wikipedia , fyi.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Economic_Forum
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_In ... Revolution

Session One:
    1.Are you interested in the topics discussed by the World Economic Forum?
    (key topics will include climate change, sustainability, social justice, and the pandemic)
    Would the conclusion of their discussion affect our world?
      2.As per the speaker, it is Ironic that the BP CEO is giving a lecture to climate change. What do you think of this incident?
        3.Covid-19: would human life return to normal again? Would Covid-19 cause extreme poverty? How would it affect the world in 2021 and future?

Session Two:
          4.4th industrial revolution – It’s been discussed in yoyo’s meeting before. What is 4th industrial revolution? According to the video, it mentioned that the very idea of human being some sort of natural concept is really going to change. Our bodies will be so high-tech we won't be able to really distinguish between what's natural and what's artificial. Can you accept it? How would it influence our life?
          Can you think of any pros and cons which 4th industrial revolution has brought?
            5.Technology regulations – Is it necessary to set technology regulations?
            Are you concerned about Facial recognition technology? Why or why not?
            Have you heard news or incident occurred due to without Technology regulations?
              6.Digital currency vs fiat currency
              Would US dollar or any fiat currencies disappear in the future?
              Would this be a concern for you? Will this affect your asset allocation?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agenda:
              3:45 ~ 4:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
              4:00 ~ 4:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
              (Session I)
              4:10 ~ 4:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
              4:50 ~ 5:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
              5:10 ~ 5:15pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
              (Session II)
              5:15 ~ 5:55pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
              6:00 ~ 6:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
              6:20 ~ 6:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements *************************************************************************************************************************
              聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
              聚會時間:請準時 4:00 pm 到 ~ 約 6:30 pm 左右結束
              星期六聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
              地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 地圖 (02) 2740-2350
              捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
              走法:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
              最低消費: 80 元

注意事項:
              1. 文章是否需要列印請自行斟酌,但與會者請務必自行列印 Questions for discussion。
              2. 與會者請先閱讀過文章,並仔細想過所有的問題,謝謝合作!

給新朋友的話:
              1. 請事先準備2~3分鐘的英語自我介紹;會議結束前可能會請你發表1~2分鐘的感想。
              2. 請事先閱讀文章以及主持人所提的討論問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
              3. 全程以英語進行,參加者應具備中等英語會話能力,對任一討論問題,能夠以5到10句英文表達個人見解。
              4. 在正式加入之前,可以先來觀摩三次,觀摩者亦須參與討論。正式加入需繳交終身會費 NT$1,000。
              附加檔案
              Transcripts - a great reset.docx
              (30.79 KiB) 已下載 116 次
              最後由 Christine 於 週五 10月 16, 2020 6:35 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 5 次。
              Michael-liu
              YOYO member
              文章: 708
              註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: 10/17 (SAT) The Great Reset (Christine H)

文章 Michael-liu »

Because of this topic, I have done some studies about World Economic Forum and found some dark sides of it.

達沃斯論壇性醜聞
              https://hk.appledaily.com/international ... VNRYSE324/

達沃斯論壇是甚麼?十個重點告訴你
              https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... 943513.amp

It is true that Davos Forum is a social gathering for rich and powerful people, as this Youtuber claims.

However, this Youtuber just put many video clips together to imply that there is a conspiracy behind this well-known forum, which, I personally think, doesn't make sense. The reasons are below:

1. As the video shows, so many companies are members of the forum. But this Youtuber just singled out the big companies, such as Microsoft, BP, and Bayer.

2. It is common knowledge that George Soros is a big money contributer of Democratic party, a Trump hater, and a frequent speaker of the forum. And then? What is the point? Trump attended the 2020 Davos forum as well. Whether Soros' "hedge fund" company is evil or not is another story.

3. OK, IMF and World Bank are private organizations, as the Youtuber claims. And again, what is the point? Just because they were protested in the past, it means they join the forum with evil agenda?

4. It is indeed suspicious that the CEO of BP addresses the issue of climate change. But we should not judge a person by their job position, but should judge by what they say. I have searched for a long time, and could not find anything about what this CEO said at the 2020 Davos forum.

5. About the fiat currency issue, it makes perfect sense that this issue is included in the fourth industrial revolution discussion, because, as Rock ever said, a cashless society is an inevitable future. But this Youtuber tries to give viewers an impression that there is conspiracy going on.

As for the collapse of US dollars, it has been said for more than a decade, and nobody really knows when, or if, it will happen.

In conclusion, I think this Youtuber just implies a conspiracy theory in order to enhance the click rate of the video. And he even tries to promote the video by saying "this video may be censored very soon".

After I finished writing this comment, I checked out the video again, and it is already reported by BBC as fake news!
              最後由 Michael-liu 於 週四 10月 15, 2020 4:54 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 2 次。
              頭像
              Christine
              YOYO member

文章 Christine »

Hi Michael,

It’s great that you have spent time to check the video and done some research about it and shared your point of view. We are living in the world where we can easily acquire a lot of information more than ever. However, it is very often that the information we got is fake. I remember that the topics about fake news have been discussed before. I’m happy that you’ve tried to verify where you feel suspicious. Thanks for your sharing. 😊
              Luis Ko
              YOYO member
              文章: 970
              註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

文章 Luis Ko »

Michael-liu 寫:
              週四 10月 15, 2020 2:31 pm

..恕刪

After I finished writing this comment, I checked out the video again, and it is already reported by BBC as fake news!
              Michael , i'm curious to know what they say about the video. maybe you can provide the bbc link here lo~ :wink:
              i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
              Michael-liu
              YOYO member
              文章: 708
              註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

文章 Michael-liu »

Luis,

There is no link. I think I misunderstood and became "fake news" myself. Hahaha....

When you find this video on Youtube, and you click the title of this video. The following words will pop up.

"The BBC featured this documentary as "fake news" and reported the video to Youtube............"

原來上面這些文字是這個Youtuber 自己寫的,我誤會是新聞。但他有可能是在自我抬高身價,可能BBC根本不知道這個video. I don't know....
              Luis Ko
              YOYO member
              文章: 970
              註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

文章 Luis Ko »

I see. Well, I somewhat agree with the BBC after watching this video, though I won't say it's fake news. I have a gut feeling that the host is a sceptic like me, a cynic as well maybe. That's why he has such doubts and concerns about what those riches/elites say and do. He is suspicious of them, and tries to spread his opinion and raise some eyebrows of course. However, he did say he has no evidence, sort of. Maybe it just can't be viewed as fake news. Instead, it's his personal opinion and concerns only.

Ok, maybe it's fake news. The reality is that some might even say if the bbc calls you fake news, you know you did something right. The point is, more often than not, fake news or not is indeed dependent on the receiving end's point of view, unless the spreading information is made out of nothing and really "fake" I would say. At the end of the day, it all comes down to people's stance and, where people stand lo~ 8) :lol:
              i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
              Kooper
              YOYO member
              文章: 2725
              註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

I feel that the reason Christine picked the video is not because of the YouTuber’s skeptical view toward the World Economic Forum, but because topics in the forum cover a wide range of global challenges and crises that human beings are facing. Another focus of the forum is on futures of the human societies, whose changes have been heavily driven and accelerated by fast technology advances since the Industrial Revolution. The video somewhat gives us a glimpse at the forum and main topics it attempts to address or explore.

It is however super ambitious to discuss all of the big topics in a single meeting. I wouldn't surprise if we end up getting in over our heads. :wink:
              頭像
              Christine
              YOYO member

Re: 10/17 (SAT) The Great Reset (Host :Christine H)

文章 Christine »

Kooper 寫:
              週六 10月 17, 2020 10:19 am
              I feel that the reason Christine picked the video is not because of the YouTuber’s skeptical view toward the World Economic Forum, but because topics in the forum cover a wide range of global challenges and crises that human beings are facing. Another focus of the forum is on futures of the human societies, whose changes have been heavily driven and accelerated by fast technology advances since the Industrial Revolution. The video somewhat gives us a glimpse at the forum and main topics it attempts to address or explore.

It is however super ambitious to discuss all of the big topics in a single meeting. I wouldn't surprise if we end up getting in over our heads. :wink:
              Thanks Kooper :lol: You are right! It's not my intention to focus on the World Economic Forum but the topics being discussed by the Organization. :)
              Kooper
              YOYO member
              文章: 2725
              註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Attendees(17): Morris, Arthur, Kooper, Gloria, Alice, Jason, Laura, Ramesh, Howard, Tom, Steve, Thomas, Rock, David, Julia, Julian, Christine (host)
              Presence(5): Apple, Tina, Sherry, Jerry, Carmelo
              回覆文章