5/21[Sat.] Histrionic Personality Disorder/Bill Cosby Scandal(H: Michael)

回覆文章
Michael-liu
YOYO member
文章: 708
註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

5/21[Sat.] Histrionic Personality Disorder/Bill Cosby Scandal(H: Michael)

文章 Michael-liu »

Session 1

In the infamous Johnny Depp v. Amber Heard defamation trial, a forensic psychologist testified that Amber has histrionic personality disorder. Let's get to know what this mental health problem is.

Reading material
https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/d ... y-disorder

Questions:
1. Based on the article above, have you come across anyone who may be exhibiting these symptoms? Share your observations.

2. Michael posts idiom quiz on Line group very often. Do you think Michael has "an overwhelming desire to be noticed"? "overwhelming" is the key word here. Are people who post on their FB constantly likely to have this personality disorder?

3. In Johnny Depp v. Amber Heard defamation trial, the mass majority of Americans support Johnny. ( I have never seen any American netizen supporting Amber) Why is that? Do you think the jury will also reach a verdict in favor of Johnny?

Session 2

Bill Cosby Sexual Assault Cases
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Co ... ault_cases

Questions:
1. Did you watch "The Cosby Show"(天才老爹)in your childhood? Did you like it? If not, what was your favourite American TV series in childhood? (歡樂家庭?妙管家?霹靂遊俠?家有阿福?百戰天龍?飛狼?天龍特攻隊?others?)

2. Elon Musk's childhood heros are astronauts. Bill Cosby is one of my childhood heros. Who are your childhood heros?

3. Do you belive Bill Cosby or the women who accused him in these sexual assault cases? Did anyone you cared about ever betray your trust? Please share your experience.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

Re: 5/21[Sat.] Histrionic Personality Disorder/Bill Cosby Scandal(H: Michael)

文章 Rock »

I learned the terms AFAB and AMAB in the article. Cool!! We may see something like "The AFAB Arab married an AMAB rabbi." in the future. :lol:
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Rock 寫:
週六 5月 21, 2022 10:50 am
I learned the terms AFAB and AMAB in the article. Cool!! We may see something like "The AFAB Arab married an AMAB rabbi." in the future. :lol:
This is also the first time I came across the two terms, AFAB and AMAB. Hopefully, they will remain being medical or biological jargon. If in the future whenever genders are being mentioned we need to say AFAB and AMAB instead of women and men, that will become too much work for ordinary conversations. :shock:
Michael-liu
YOYO member

文章 Michael-liu »

Yeah, these two terms are way too politically correct. It is outrageous and absurd.
Michael-liu
YOYO member

文章 Michael-liu »

About the terms, AFAB and AMAB, I found something as below for your information:

Where does AFAB come from?

Sex and gender are not the same thing. That means the sex label (male/female) traditionally put on babies when they’re born doesn’t always match up with a person’s gender identity.

AFAB (and AMAB, “assigned male at birth”) were created to help describe the difference between sex and gender, especially as a way people whose gender identity does not match the sex they were assigned at birth.

Now we learned sex and gender are not the same thing.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

You mean this, right?
https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/environm ... 2019-02-21

Now it just makes things easier. We design the restrooms, student dorms and games by sex, which is a two-option thing; it's either male or female. As of gender, it's a spectrum thing by definition so there is no way to design so many different public toilets to meet everybody's gender. Now, people with penis, please go to the penis room. :lol:
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
回覆文章