頭像
technobabel
YOYO member
文章: 1188
註冊時間: 週六 5月 14, 2005 8:42 pm
來自: Eastern Seaboard

How about a Grand English Tournament?

文章 technobabel »

1. Select and assemble a team of 4-5 members per team from all 3 English clubs, Yoyo, Royal, and Happy.
2. A panel of judges will come up with a list challenging questions in different categories to torment these brave souls.
3. Allow people to place bet on which team will win, may be.
4. We can even put the whole event on VCD and sell it for a profit.
I am not abandoning Yoyo, I am just dancing slowly away from it.
頭像
AlteredEgo
文章: 6
註冊時間: 週日 8月 14, 2005 1:33 am
來自: Bottom of the Ocean

文章 AlteredEgo »

you mean like a quiz show? That should be a load of fun.
頭像
technobabel
YOYO member

文章 technobabel »

Well, may be not on VCD, but on Podcast.
Also, it may take some time to calibrate and narrow down the range of all the questions. here are a few possible categories:grammar, science/technology, politic, entertainment, geography... The contestant needs to give answer in English to score a point.
頭像
AlteredEgo

文章 AlteredEgo »

:twisted: It may be a good idea to do a test-run with few questions just with Yoyo club members first. No need to bother others if you don't have to.
頭像
technobabel
YOYO member

文章 technobabel »

In the real world, English proficiency and common sense are two sides of the same coin. Under normal circumstances, it is almost impossible to be good with just one and not the other.
頭像
AlteredEgo

文章 AlteredEgo »

English language have become the de facto wrapper of advancing knowledge. Good luck in trying to separate the wrapper from its content.
All I ask is the chance for me to prove that money does not make me happy.
頭像
technobabel
YOYO member

文章 technobabel »

The lack of participation for this topic, forces me to believe that this suggestion is unwelcome and I shall adjust my expectation and action accordingly.
頭像
austin
文章: 555
註冊時間: 週六 8月 16, 2003 11:34 am
來自: 積雨雲
聯繫:

文章 austin »

Well...in fact i do believe this will be an interesting event...

however...this kind of activity requires sophicated method for preparment in order to create a real fair eniviroment for competition. For example, this might become a interesting points that should we agree the exist of a "overwhelming" team to encourage the particiaption basis or should we constrain memebers qualification to ensure the quality of this game? So, maybe some peaple should hold a committee to decide which domain of question and the difficulty level and more game detail .

The lack of participantion of this topic might because peaople is not accustum to discuss any serious stuffs in the forum....So, myabe the first step of this event should be better for you to propose this suggestion in a gathering and to create some "buzz". I believe that facilitate the prepartion of this activity a lots. :P

moreover, i will conduct this kind of event more carefully, beacuse it might be deem as a "challenge" from Yoyo. In case not to harm the harmony between each English clubs, I will recomand that leaders of each clubs should have a meeting first to reach a pre-agreement about how to hold this game. WELL..i think the lunch gathering on this Saturday might be a proper occation. sO, Wayne u should jointhe lunch and promote your idea ah! :wink:

Except from these problems, i really believe this is a brilliant suggestion and i will put that into consideration as a coming activity in the near future.

hope our dear Wayne can constantly contribute and share more knowledge with us. We will be appreciate of that. :roll:
There are only the pursued, the pursuing, the busy and the tired.
頭像
technobabel
YOYO member

文章 technobabel »

It is not easy to tell how deep the water is unless you poke around with a long stick. A set of calibrated questions is a quick way to reveal the naked truth. By the way, the tone of my voice may be serious, but subject matter shall remain totally casual and light-hearted. Never-the-less, the dichotomy is, do we want to pick easy questions to make ourselves feel superior or do we want to pick difficult questions to make ourselves feel inferior.
回覆文章