A very sincere Thank You

回覆文章
Edward
文章: 12
註冊時間: 週日 10月 23, 2005 11:58 am

A very sincere Thank You

文章 Edward »

Dear all,

I like to sincerely thank you all and especially Rachelle for a very wonderful afternoon. The gathering was great and I got to meet many wonderful people. I sincerely hope we can keep in touch, and I will definitely be attending more gatherings in my future trips to Taipei.

For those of you who have plans to visit San Francisco either for business or for pleasure please don't hesitate to contact me. It would be my pleasure to show you around town.

For those of you who would like to find out more about living in California or studying at the US please feel free to let me know too. I graduated from UCLA's MBA program and was on the admissions board for a year.

Again I sincerely thank you all for the wonderful afternoon!

Cheers,

Edward
Linda Jr.
YOYO member
文章: 38
註冊時間: 週日 10月 09, 2005 10:44 am
來自: Taipei

文章 Linda Jr. »

Nice to know you!
Wish I can see you in the near future. :wink:
頭像
technobabel
YOYO member
文章: 1188
註冊時間: 週六 5月 14, 2005 8:42 pm
來自: Eastern Seaboard

文章 technobabel »

On my next close Yoyo encounter...
May I have what ever Mr. Edward managed to experience on that Saturday.
Thank you very much.
I am not abandoning Yoyo, I am just dancing slowly away from it.
Edward

文章 Edward »

Hi Technobabel,

Thank you very much for your comments. What I experience on Saturday was a great learning enviroment that is filled with kindness, caring, and sharing. Most impressive of all is the warm welcome and genuine friendship that you all gave me.

My positive feeling for the group was re-enforced after looking at the hiking pictures.

You are a very special and a very precious group, and I am very fortunate to have been able to share this wonderful experience with you all. What a terrific bunch of people, and what a great way to learn together!

I will definitely be joining the group activities every chance I get.

Cheers,

Edward
頭像
Salina
YOYO member
文章: 296
註冊時間: 週日 8月 17, 2003 6:55 pm
來自: 異想世界
聯繫:

文章 Salina »

Welcome to our BIG family. :o
It's great to hear your SUBMARINE experience last Saturday. :wink:
Don't forget to join us in the future. :P
學最老的人生智慧以穩定靈魂
學最新的知識觸角以發現世界
頭像
Lydia
文章: 639
註冊時間: 週二 1月 06, 2004 12:28 am
來自: 台北市

文章 Lydia »

You are a very special and a very precious group, and I am very fortunate to have been able to share this wonderful experience with you all. What a terrific bunch of people, and what a great way to learn together!
I have always been feeling that .....
It's YOYO ! --- from first time to now.

Welcome you ! :D

Lydia
頭像
Arthur
YOYO member
文章: 469
註冊時間: 週一 8月 25, 2003 9:15 am
來自: Taipei
聯繫:

文章 Arthur »

Welcome Edward
Thanks for sharing your rich experiences with us last weekend.
Look forward to seeing you soon :P

I am King Arthur
===========
厚積而薄發!
===========
頭像
technobabel
YOYO member

文章 technobabel »

The fact is...
If we knew you were coming, we would have baked the cake.
Edward

文章 Edward »

Hi King Arthur, Lydia, Linda and Salina:

Thank you all so much for your kind words. Although it is cold and rainy here today in the Silicon Valley, having your nice thoughts definitely warm me up.

This Saturday gathering look like a fun and exciting night too. Wishing you all a great ghostly time, and don't forget to post the pictures.

Halloween is on October 31st here on Monday night. Many kids will be out trick or treating for candies. Last year I had 3 big bags of chocolate and ran out in 30 minutes. The thing to do at that point is to turn out all the lights and just hope nobody play any trick to the house. The most common trick is to throw eggs on the cars park outside. So this year I will make sure my car is inside the garage.

There is a house around the corner from where I live that is decorated as a hunted house. If the group would like to see it I can go take some pictures and post them here, just let me know.

Wishing you all a very Happy Halloween!
Kate
YOYO member
文章: 389
註冊時間: 週二 12月 16, 2003 10:41 am

文章 Kate »

Hello...stranger!! :wink:
Although I don't know you, a warm welcome is necessary....

It is interesting to hear a different life story from the other side of the Earth.
Hope see you soon in the future!
[麋鹿透社]台北知名的YOYO英語俱樂部,於2007年聖誕夜的特別活動中,順利找尋到V&A愛情手鐲,今年果然為該俱樂部帶來一片喜氣,不少成員找到他們的真愛,尚在尋覓中的單身成員,相信在不久的未來,也能找到屬於他們的幸福。
Edward

文章 Edward »

Hi Kate and Jessica,

It would be my pleasure to share with you what life is like on this side of the world. But please keep in mind, different region of the US live very differently, my information is more for life in Northern California. And of course my life may not be as exciting as most of the other people…

Today is a beautiful day here at the Silicon Valley, 20 degrees C, Sunny with just a smell of winter in the air. Leaves are starting to fall and the streets are cover with them, messy but also kind of pretty. Perfect weather for driving a convertible!

One thing that I notice here that is very different from Taiwan is the news coverage. Since my return last Sunday I have not heard any news on the bird flu. Zero. I listen to an hour of news every morning as I get ready for work and there is just no bird flu news. Maybe birds are just not a popular subject here… It sure is big in Taiwan.

As you all know the big thing now is Halloween. All the supermarkets here are giving good discounts on chocolate and candies now since Halloween is Monday. After Monday the price will drop even more (about 50% 0ff). For chocolate lovers this is the best time to stock up. Now you know why there are so many “big size” people in the US…

Come Monday a lot of strange people will show up everywhere. So don’t be surprised if you run into a ghost in the office or have a Spiderman sit next to you at lunch. Halloween is also a day to drive slowly as you go home from work… there are many kids out in the streets, you don’t want to run them over…

I will go take some pictures this weekend and share them with the wonderful friends here,

Wishing you all lots of fun at the Halloween Party (wish I could be there!) and stay away from the birds!

Cheers,

Edward
頭像
technobabel
YOYO member

文章 technobabel »

Sounds like a pretty good life to me, than again it's the attitude that counts. Out here in the East coast, the weather is a lot more grim and nippy. The temperature is around zero celsius at night and not much warmer during the day time. If you put Jack-o' lantern pumpkins outside, the racoon will probably get to it before the morning frost. Pretty scary because racoon is consider some sort of pest around here.
Cold weather leads to high heating bills, and with the oil price so high, some family may have to settle with a much smaller Christmas holiday this year.
Edward

Haunted House

文章 Edward »

Hi All,

As promised, here are some pictures of a house that has been decorated for Halloween. It is just down the street from where I live...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34947928@N00/57673105/

I am not sure I will ever do that to my house...

Happy Halloween!

Edward
Edward

For a great laugh

文章 Edward »

Hi All,

OK, this is worth a harty chortle or mabye even several outright guffaws! Read the discription and be sure to read the "Questions for the Seller" part too. The writing is really excellent and the best part is the good laughs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8335653541

Happy Hump Day,

Edward
頭像
Wayne
文章: 1500
註冊時間: 週四 5月 13, 2004 10:53 am
來自: Taipei, Taiwan, Pandemonium

文章 Wayne »

Ha! Ha! It's hilarious! Readers must read the "questions from other readers" too ... :shock: :twisted: :evil:
Knowledge is power -- when shared.
回覆文章