9/14(Tue) "Common Prosperity" and "The Third Distribution" (Host: Michael)

回覆文章
Michael-liu
YOYO member
文章: 708
註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

9/14(Tue) "Common Prosperity" and "The Third Distribution" (Host: Michael)

文章 Michael-liu »

Dear All,

The concept of "Common Prosperity" (共同富裕)President Xi brought up has become big news. Let's talk about it!

Why 'Common Prosperity’ Has China’s Billionaires Running for Cover
https://www.google.com/amp/s/time.com/6 ... 3famp=true

三次分配制度是高质量发展和共同富裕的基石
http://theory.people.com.cn/n1/2021/082 ... 07156.html

This Chinese-Australian Youtuber below talks about "the third distribution". His position is always anti-CCP, but I personally think most of his video comments are based on ration and logics.
https://youtu.be/xW0xfM7BPaA

Session 1

1. Is the tone of the above Time article neutral or critical? Is the attitude of western media toward China always negative? If yes, what is the reason? If no, which western country is more friendly to China regime? Germany? Or?

2. Have you ever watched any media (traditional or social media) that says good words about CCP? If not, are we all brainwashed by western media to believe CCP is very evil?

3. What is the difference between free press and propaganda? Do you agree all concept spreading is some kind of brainwashing, including education, advertising, religion, media....etc? Can we say some brainwashing is good, while some is bad?

Session 2

1. Let's put all politics aside, do you like the idea itself "Common Prosperity"? If you were a rich businessman, what would you think about the idea of "the third distribution"?

2. Some argue that "common prosperity" is a false proposition(僞命題). They say if everyone is prosperous, then nobody wants to work hard, then nobody will become prosperous. Do you agree?

3. "The third distribution" is based on moral duty of rich people, meaning they need to donate money to charity voluntarily. Is this too ideal or too naive or really feasible?
最後由 Michael-liu 於 週二 9月 14, 2021 4:39 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 9 次。
hollywang1991
YOYO member
文章: 20
註冊時間: 週六 12月 01, 2018 9:37 pm

Re: 9/14(Tue) Let's talk about "Common Prosperity" (Host: Michael)

文章 hollywang1991 »

wow, this is something I never thought of. Looking forward to the meeting! 8)
Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 970
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: 9/14(Tue) "Common Prosperity" and "The Third Distribution" (Host: Michael)

文章 Luis Ko »

it occurs to me there used to wealth tax policy in France years ago. it also ended up abruptly because of rich people running for cover, if my memory serves me right.

Human beings are very interesting animals. in western so called democratic societies and free markets, ironically, outcry of economic inequality is everywhere. people also advocate wealth tax on rich people and universal income all the time. however, those experiments failed in many countries, if there was any. now China try to do something similar, to me it's the combination of wealth tax, universal income and help the poor, it's unbelievable that a lot of people in western world suddenly turn their back to the policy they all crave in their country. now they all try hard to denounce what China will do and how China will do it.

is economic inequality really a problem? if so, common prosperity is supposed to be welcomed, then, why people are against the notion "common prosperity" in China? that's what makes human interesting here. people want something very much from the political system they think is way better than others, but they can't get it. now a system they always criticize trying to do what the better system inability to do, they get mad at the denounced system playing down the thing they always go for. it's interesting, isn't it? right, maybe most people have all been brainwashed by western media to believe CCP is very evil. whether CCP is evil or not, the answer is actually in those who live in China i would say.

then again, i don't know if China's common prosperity will work out, but no one can deny the economic inequality is indeed a global issue. how will we counter the problem then?? if common prosperity, universal income, etc', are solutions to it, it's more justifiable for China to do than for so called democratic world, if i may say so. at the end of the day, one is called authoritarian regime and the other democratic and free society, if you are minded to understand it. anyway, let's just wait and see lo~
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
Michael-liu
YOYO member
文章: 708
註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: 9/14(Tue) "Common Prosperity" and "The Third Distribution" (Host: Michael)

文章 Michael-liu »

Yes, I think I have been brainwashed by western media for so long.

Now I have doubt about "democracy" "universal values" "human right" "justice"....etc.

Thanks to 自媒體 such as youtube, now we can choose our own information resources. I recently have watched tons of commentary videos from both anti-CCP and pro-CCP youtubers to balance my view to CCP.

If anyone wants to recommend any good youtubers, please feel free to let me know.
回覆文章