5/10(Tue) Organize Your Life Using Productivity Tool? (Host:Kooper)

回覆文章
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

5/10(Tue) Organize Your Life Using Productivity Tool? (Host:Kooper)

文章 Kooper »

Hi my friends,

Please read the following article before coming to the meeting. Thanks.

How using Notion.so improved my productivity

Questions for Discussion
Session One:
1. Please share with your team a tool that you are using – be it a physical one or a software – and that helps you organize your life better. How does it help you improve productivity?

2.1 Does the article make you interested in trying the Notion? Why and why not?
2.2 Besides Notion, the author mentioned other productivity software like Trello, Evernote. If you have used any of them, please help shed some light on their differences. Which one do you recommend most heartily?

3. Getting things done is critical in almost every aspect of life. What are your personal tips of getting things done? Does it involve the use of any modern productivity tools or do you simply rely on personal brainpower and willpower?

Session Two:
4.1 Do you use different tools for various purposes (some of the examples of application are listed below)?
4.2 If the answer is yes, what are they and what benefits have each of they brought to you?
4.3 What are the pros and cons of using multiple tools at the same time to manage your life?

- to-do list or shopping list
- time management, event reminder
- tracking personal projects
- financial management
- creative work
- data or file management
- collection of useful information for future reference
- generic information for everyday life

5. After taking part in all the discussion, do you consider adopting any new tools to address a pain point in your life?

6. Do you consider yourself an organized person? Is it always good to stay organized? Can the ability of being organized be acquired through training? Have you ever met any person who is far from being organized but who can achieve high productivity?

*******************************************************************************************
Agenda:
6:45 ~ 7:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
7:00 ~ 7:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
7:10 ~ 7:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
7:50 ~ 8:00pm Summarization (10 mins)
8:00 ~ 8:05pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:05 ~ 8:45pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
8:45 ~ 8:55pm Summarization (10 mins)
8:55 ~ 9:00pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements

Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm

On-site meeting:
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $80)
Address: 台北市濟南路三段25號[MAP]-捷運忠孝新生站3號出口步行3分鐘

Online meeting:
Zoom meeting ID: 88548972682
Password: 784362
Link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/88548972682...
#YoyoEnglishClub

Important Notes:
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely for three times (including on-site and online meetings). After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1000 lifetime membership fee.
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 894
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

Re: 5/10(Tue) Organize Your Life Using Productivity Tool? (Host:Kooper)

文章 Iris Wu »

I just installed the Notion App on my phone. It may be "confusion" in the first place, but after checking out some tutorials of the product, I should say that the App is quite powerful. You can pretty much track and manage anything that you can think of to make you more productive on Notion. It is a very flexible and effective tool for task/project management. But I wish there were a tool helping me come up with good goals and milestones in my life. :cccry:
Sherry Liao
YOYO member
文章: 1483
註冊時間: 週五 12月 07, 2007 12:15 pm

Re: 5/10(Tue) Organize Your Life Using Productivity Tool? (Host:Kooper)

文章 Sherry Liao »

As a person without self-discipline, the first thing I need to do before talking about productivity or how to organize a plan effectively, is to beat procrastination. This is a tool that has really helped me keep making progress and keep my study plan on schedule: Yeolpumta.

Yeolpumta is a timer that keeps track of users’ study time for each subject. But for me, the most important feature of this app is that it allows you to join study groups, and it “visualizes” study groups, showing you who are currently studying in a particular group and how long the group members have been studying that day:

圖檔

Also, there are daily, weekly, and monthly rankings for each study group and for the same time zone:

圖檔

If you have a study plan but are a procrastinator like me and peer pressure happens to be working for you, this tool is highly recommended.
回覆文章