7/2(Sat) Emotional Blackmail (Host:Prince Arthur)

回覆文章
頭像
Arthur
YOYO member
文章: 469
註冊時間: 週一 8月 25, 2003 9:15 am
來自: Taipei
聯繫:

7/2(Sat) Emotional Blackmail (Host:Prince Arthur)

文章 Arthur »

What is Emotional Blackmail?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeysIVjJtuc

How to Respond to Emotional Blackmail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NJBMEyf9T0

Protect Yourself from Emotional Blackmail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utX6xfOrjFk&t=206s

教你看清【情緒勒索】! 5個步驟, 助你對抗情緒勒索!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwrIJyBmhak&t=1s

Session1:
Q1: Have you met the emotional blackmail? What’s your definition on Emotional blackmail?
Q2: Please share with us if you have real experiences/stories about emotional blackmail (maybe from /Lovers/Children/parents/boss/client). The videos suggest some ways to respond emotional blackmail or protect us. Do you think they are useful or not?

Session2:
Q3: Have you treated others via emotional blackmail? What reasons/stories let you do it? Do you feel regret/sad/sorry about the actions? Why or why not?
Q4: If you have some requests or high expectation on others/Lovers/Children/parents/boss/client, how will you do? Please share your advice with us.

Agenda:
3:45 ~ 4:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
4:00 ~ 4:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
4:10 ~ 4:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
4:50 ~ 5:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
5:10 ~ 5:15pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
5:15 ~ 5:55pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
6:00 ~ 6:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
6:20 ~ 6:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements

Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 4:00pm – 6:30pm

On-site meeting:
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $80)
Address: 台北市濟南路三段25號[MAP]-捷運忠孝新生站3號出口步行3分鐘

Online meeting:
Zoom meeting ID: 848 6108 3035
Password: yoyo2022
Link: https://tinyurl.com/yoyo2022-meeting
#YoyoEnglishClub

Important Notes:
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely for two times (including on-site and online meetings). After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1500 lifetime membership fee.
===========
厚積而薄發!
===========
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

Re: 7/2(Sat) Emotional Blackmail (Host:Prince Arthur)

文章 Kooper »

Over the last few years, the psychological concept of emotional blackmail has been popularized. I myself heard the term many times but have never tried to delve deeper. Thanks to Arthur picking this topic for discussion, I finally used the opportunity to get a better handle on it.

In any relationship there are expectations involved and it’s not uncommon that the other side doesn’t measure up to our expectations. When that happens, we’d often take a crack at changing them, making them do what we want. Various tactics would be adopted to achieve that. During the process, sometimes we could unwittingly make the other side feel guilt, obligation, or even fear. Does that amount to emotional blackmail?
頭像
Laura
YOYO member
文章: 351
註冊時間: 週二 12月 16, 2003 10:28 am

文章 Laura »

Prince Arthur did create an awesome topic,
and, gave the solution from video,
way to go :ssmile:

It's pity, I was not in Taipei couldn't join :drink:
The best teacher is child,
the worst mistake for one is to abandon oneself,
the greatest treasure in the world is love!
Michael-liu
YOYO member
文章: 708
註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

文章 Michael-liu »

Kooper 寫:
週六 7月 02, 2022 11:20 am
During the process, sometimes we could unwittingly make the other side feel guilt, obligation, or even fear. Does that amount to emotional blackmail?
Kooper, this is a good question.

I think the point is if you only expect them to do something, and you don't use F. O. G. They just feel these three things themselves, then it is not emotional blackmail.

For example,
A husband says this to his wife:I hope you can lose some weight and have a better body shape. ( I think this is not emotional blackmail,even though the wife may feel pressure and obligation)

If the husband says :I hope you can lose some weight. If not, I may not love you as much as before. ( Then this is emotional blackmail)

What do you think ?
回覆文章