7/12 (Tue.) Are you living the life you desire? (Host: Julia Ho)

回覆文章
JuliaHo
文章: 23
註冊時間: 週三 10月 21, 2020 9:05 am

7/12 (Tue.) Are you living the life you desire? (Host: Julia Ho)

文章 JuliaHo »

Hi, all,

Are you living the life you desire?

“The truth is, most people aren’t living an extraordinary life. They’re drifting through life without really knowing where they’re going or what they want. As a result, their relationships, income, health, activities, and behaviors are pretty mediocre.” -Anthony Moore

“Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinion drown your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” — Steve Jobs

https://www.wikihow.com/Live-the-Life-You-Want

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... tic-person (optional)

https://www.cw.com.tw/article/5098572?template=fashion (optional)

Session 1

1. Knowing your Inner Self: Do you like the way you spend your free time? We were molded by our parents, teachers, peers, and society to "fit in." Have you ever challenged the beliefs that you were infused by the surroundings?

2. What lifestyle will be fulfilling for you? What really matters to you in the long run? What kind of work do you really want to do?

3. According to the article, it’s important to seek out a significant partner who accept your authentic self. Hiding or suppressing who you really are can end up leaving you feeling lonely and disconnected from others. Were/are you afraid to show your real self to your partner? Why?

4. Setting and Achieving Your Goals: what major accomplishments matter to you and what do you dream about achieving?

Session 2

1. Adjusting to New Changes: Do you have a habit or belief to challenge yourself to get out of your comfort zone? What’s the last challenges you did?

2. Are you afraid of being different from the crowd most of time? What’s your experiences of standing out from the crowd? Living the way you want may lead to decisions or actions that other people don’t understand or can't relate to. How do you handle this un-fit in or even un-accepted by others situation?

3. Do you think that the most difficult part of living the life we desire is adjusting to new changes? If you recognize that some of your thoughts, emotions, or behaviors need to be changed to live a desired life, and if time is limited, what approaches would you take to accelerate the changes?

4. From tonight’s retrospection, are you living the life you desire? What kind of fine-tuning or big changes are you thinking to do?

.......................................................................................
Agenda:
7:00 ~ 7:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
7:10 ~ 7:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
7:50 ~ 8:00pm Summarization (10 mins)
8:00 ~ 8:05pm Regrouping / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:05 ~ 8:45pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
8:45 ~ 8:55pm Summarization (10 mins)
8:55 ~ 9:00pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements

Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm

Online meeting:
* ZOOM ID: 848 6108 3035
* ZOOM PASSCODE: yoyo2022
* ZOOM LINK: https://tinyurl.com/yoyo2022-meeting
#YoyoEnglishClub

No on-site meeting for Tuesday night!!!

Important Notes:
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely twice (including on-site and online meetings). After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1,500 (NT$1,000 for students) lifetime membership fee.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2091
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

Re: 7/12 (Tue.) Are you living the life you desire? (Host: Julia Ho)

文章 Rock »

The more I think about it, the more I feel that danger is ahead. Because I know I may have to take a leap.

I remember every word from Steve Jobs' three stories; it's his life told at exactly the same age of mine now. I envy this guy. He seemed to know what he really wanted and he lived it his life. If I ask the same question, "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" The answer would push me closer again to the big choice that I've never made. As Jobs says, he said a lot, but he says, "And most importantly, have courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow have already known what you really want to be. Every thing else is secondary."

That's a real punch. Courage is exactly the thing I don't have but I need. Maybe a pancreatic cancer can help? :cry:
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
JuliaHo
文章: 23
註冊時間: 週三 10月 21, 2020 9:05 am

Re: 7/12 (Tue.) Are you living the life you desire? (Host: Julia Ho)

文章 JuliaHo »

Join us tonight!
回覆文章