YOYO member
文章: 367
註冊時間: 週一 2月 04, 2008 7:51 am

8/13 (Sat) Exercise (Host: Gloria)

文章 Gloria Lo »

8/13 (Sat) Exercise (Host: Gloria)

Hi, guys,
This is Gloria. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have changed my exercises in the last several months. I started some new ones and let go of some old ones. For me, it’s a process of knowing more about myself physically and mentally.
So, let’s talk about exercise today. Welcome to join the meeting.

There’s no need to read any materials in advance. Also, you don’t necessarily need to follow the questions designed for discussion. Just relax and feel free to discuss anything about EXERCISE. 8)

Session 1 Exercise

1. Do you exercise? What’s your weekly exercise plan? Please describe the frequency, duration, and the content or items of your exercise.
2. Why do you do exercise? What are the benefits of regular workout to you?
3. If you have any exercise habit, how do you feel when you can’t exercise?
4. How do you form your exercise habit? When your exercise plan is interrupted by unexpected events, how do you put your plan back on track? Please share your tips.
5. Please share your experiences of taking sports or exercise courses. Are they group or personal classes? What’s your preference? What kind of instructors do you like? (gender/ age/personality/ instruction style)

Session 2 Losing Fat and Gaining Muscle

6. Have you tried to lose fat and gain muscle? Why and how did you do that? Did you do that by yourself or under any instruction?
7. Did you follow any special diet while trying to lose fat and gain muscle?
8. Did you successfully reach your goal? Any problems occurred? Which part of your plan went wrong?
9. Did you get sports injury before? And how did you deal with it?
10. Through your exercise history/process, did you know more about yourself? Please share your story.

Excerpts from articles on exercise for your information

●The four exercise categories and examples of exercises
1. Endurance Exercise
dancing, swimming, playing tennis, swift walking or jogging, biking, and yard work
2. Strength Exercise / Resistance Exercise
lifting weights and using a resistance band
3. Flexibility Exercise
shoulder and upper arm stretches, yoga, and calf stretches
4. Balance Exercise
heel-to-toe walking, standing on one foot, and sitting down in a chair and standing up without using your hands, lower-body strength exercises

●The benefits of exercise
improve blood flow
general body fitness
weight loss
stress relief

●Physical exercise has been proven to have some of the following effects
boost the memory
improve concentration
improve mental health
slow cognitive decline
physical fitness and weight loss
protection of the body against age-related decline
improve heart and lung health
increase lean mass and strength (LBM/ lean body mass 淨體重)
improve cholesterol levels
prevention and management of diabetes

******************************************************************************************************
Agenda:
3:50 ~ 4:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
4:00 ~ 4:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
4:10 ~ 4:50pm Small Group Discussion (40 mins)
4:50 ~ 5:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
5:10 ~ 5:20pm Regrouping & Break
(Session II)
5:20 ~ 6:00pm Small Group Discussion (40 mins)
6:00 ~ 6:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
6:20 ~ 6:30pm Concluding Remarks

Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 4:00pm – 6:30pm

On-site meeting:
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $80)
Address: 台北市濟南路三段25號[MAP]-捷運忠孝新生站3號出口步行3分鐘

Online meeting:
Zoom meeting ID: 848 6108 3035
Password: yoyo2022
Link: https://tinyurl.com/yoyo2022-meeting
#YoyoEnglishClub

Important Notes:
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely for twice (including on-site and online meetings). After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1500 lifetime membership fee.
最後由 Gloria Lo 於 週六 8月 13, 2022 10:19 am 編輯,總共編輯了 8 次。
頭像
Gloria Lo
YOYO member

Re: 8/13 (Sat) Exercise (Host: Gloria)

文章 Gloria Lo »

Additional references for those who are interested to know more :D :D

1. 10 Benefits Of Exercise On The Brain And Body - Why You Need Exercise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTL_bNvXJ9s
2. How to Lose Fat AND Gain Muscle at the Same Time (3 Simple Steps)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkv1fpWLy0Q
3. Wendy Suzuki: The brain-changing benefits of exercise | TED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHY0FxzoKZE
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

I watched the Wendy Suzuki Ted Talk. It's easy to understand and fun. I wonder if Gloria would lead the punching exercise in the meeting. :lol:
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
頭像
Gloria Lo
YOYO member

文章 Gloria Lo »

Rock 寫:
週六 8月 13, 2022 9:23 am
I watched the Wendy Suzuki Ted Talk. It's easy to understand and fun. I wonder if Gloria would lead the punching exercise in the meeting. :lol:
You reminded me......I should invite Jason to do a little bit swing dance in the meeting for fun....... :lol:
回覆文章