12/3(Sat.) Princess( or Prince) Syndrome(公主病 王子病) /Scum boy(or girl) (渣男 渣女) (Host:Prince Arthur)

回覆文章
頭像
Arthur
YOYO member
文章: 469
註冊時間: 週一 8月 25, 2003 9:15 am
來自: Taipei
聯繫:

12/3(Sat.) Princess( or Prince) Syndrome(公主病 王子病) /Scum boy(or girl) (渣男 渣女) (Host:Prince Arthur)

文章 Arthur »

Hi Yoyoers

Some new words are interesting in current society, Let us share your opinion or experiences without effort!

Refer the
https://goodyfeed.com/11-signs-that-you ... -syndrome/
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... s-syndrome

Session I:
Q1:How do you define Princess(or Prince) Syndrome? what kind of behaviors belong to princess syndrome? Do you have princess(or prince) syndrome?
Q2:If your girl friend/Boy friend/family/colleagues have princess Syndrome, How do you deal with them?Please share your solid experience/stories with us

Session II:
Q4:How do you define scum boy(or girl) ? what kind of behaviors will be classified to scum boy(or girl)?
Q5:I heard :One rich boyfriend(or husband) asks girl friend(Wife) for AA(Go Dutch) on most expense. He is called a scum boy by her ; one girlfriend(fiancée)
asks her poor boyfriend to buy expensive wedding ring , she is called a scum girl. What s your opinion?
Q6:"Beauty loves rich scum boy, Homebody Loves scum girl" Do you agree or not ?

Agenda:
3:50 ~ 4:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
4:00 ~ 4:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
4:10 ~ 4:50pm Small Group Discussion (40 mins)
4:50 ~ 5:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
5:10 ~ 5:20pm Regrouping & Break
(Session II)
5:20 ~ 6:00pm Small Group Discussion (40 mins)
6:00 ~ 6:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
6:20 ~ 6:30pm Concluding Remarks

On-site meeting:
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $80)
Address: 台北市濟南路三段25號[MAP]-捷運忠孝新生站3號出口步行3分鐘

Online meeting:
Zoom meeting ID: 875 5256 1813
Password: loveyoyo
Link: https://tinyurl.com/yoyobest

Important Notes:
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely for twice (including on-site and online meetings). After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1500 lifetime membership fee.
===========
厚積而薄發!
===========
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

Re: 12/3(Sat.) Princess( or Prince) Syndrome(公主病 王子病) /Scum boy(or girl) (渣男 渣女) (Host:Prince Arthur)

文章 Rock »

I read the articles and I have some questions. One of them is, in the second article, the writer mentions:

"2. Teach her about dressing appropriately. Everywhere you turn, clothes are getting skimpier and skimpier. Skirts are getting shorter; tops are getting tighter. Similarly, clothes that used to be appropriate for teens are now being worn by fifth-graders...."

Is it really so that girls dressing "inappropriately" means they have princess syndrome? As I know, some princesses dress "very appropriately" all the time because they think it's what princesses do. On the other hand, if we happen to see a girl dressing skimpy clothes on the street, do we judge her as having princess syndrome? To me, it seems more "queen" than "princess". :lol:
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Michael-liu
YOYO member
文章: 708
註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: 12/3(Sat.) Princess( or Prince) Syndrome(公主病 王子病) /Scum boy(or girl) (渣男 渣女) (Host:Prince Arthur)

文章 Michael-liu »

Rock 寫:
週六 12月 03, 2022 11:20 am
I read the articles and I have some questions. One of them is, in the second article, the writer mentions:

"2. Teach her about dressing appropriately. Everywhere you turn, clothes are getting skimpier and skimpier. Skirts are getting shorter; tops are getting tighter. Similarly, clothes that used to be appropriate for teens are now being worn by fifth-graders...."

Is it really so that girls dressing "inappropriately" means they have princess syndrome? As I know, some princesses dress "very appropriately" all the time because they think it's what princesses do. On the other hand, if we happen to see a girl dressing skimpy clothes on the street, do we judge her as having princess syndrome? To me, it seems more "queen" than "princess". :lol:
So, maybe the author's point is a little bit different from what we say 公主病 in Chinese.

According to the author's definition, a girl who suffers from PS lives life as a fairy-tale: focusing only on the pretty things, putting herself at the center of the universe, and obsessing about her looks.

Is it a little bit different ?I am not sure.

And princess syndrome doesn't mean a girl dresses or act like a “real” princess.
回覆文章